• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ryu Hayabusa(DoA/Ninja Gaiden) and Kat (Gravity Rush) join PS All-Stars?

Ryu_Hayabusa.jpg
images
The story so far:
There has been few things pointing at these two before. A blurry picture was spotted before at Superbots FB page showing a new stage (later confirmed as the Ape Escape stage) and several blurry characters. There was one particular character that didn't quite match anything we knew before but some people were thinking it might be Kat from Gravity Rush. The picture is still way too blurry to really prove anything.

Later on Superbot was updating the official website of the game and for a few minutes it went online before it was supposed to. The page confirmed earlier leaks about Sackboy and Raiden being part of the roster but something more cryptic was also spotted:
The website had renders of Kazuya and Jin from Tekken and Ryu Hayabusa from NG/DoA. After an uproar about the game having 3 Tekken characters (Heihachi is confirmed playable character) Clockw0rk from Superbot informed that Heihachi and Kuma (part of Heihachis moveset) were the only Tekken characters in the game but he didn't comment on Ryu who didn't have any connections to the game prior to this.

Today our own fellow gaffer TheMink who is second most recognised leaker of this game (he pretty much predicted the characters that were included in the massive Beta leak. Luck or legit source? You decide!) after the much loved Paul Gale decided to fill us in with more info. He finally named 2 planned DLC characters he had been teasing before as Kat and Ryu. It is highly probable that if these are legit they will be revealed at TGS as Superbot has been hinting having more announcements there. While these two were seemingly planned as DLC there are a few things pointing that these could be changed being on-disc due to the massive beta leak and/or game being delayed till november. Kat being in is also supported by Paul Gale informing that there is an unrevealed female character in the roster.

TL;DR: Ryu and Kat could be in the game as DLC or on-disc.

Have at it!

Edit:lol
Edit2:lol somebody stop these leaks?

Thoraxes

I would hope they would be included and not make DLC exclusive characters. Would be nice to own a full game for once.

libregkd

While not what I would call a Sony character. I don't mind Ryu for the sole reason of having a Kratos vs Dante vs Raiden vs Ryu mash-up.

Also, yay Kat!

Yeah, this game really isn't the celebration of Sony characters that it was first touted to be. It's just a cross company mash-up.

Ryu seems odd, given he has much more history with both Nintendo and Microsoft.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he's SSB4 too. His Final Smash can be getting hit by an eagle!

libregkd

Yeah, this game really isn't the celebration of Sony characters that it was first touted to be. It's just a cross company mash-up.
Really now? I mean there are 2 out of place characters in the line-up, everyone else there have very strong ties to the PS brand.

Really now? I mean there are 2 out of place characters in the line-up, everyone else there have very strong ties to the PS brand.
I don't think anyone is "out of place", I just think that this could of been a good opportunity for Sony to really focus on their own core franchises. I feel like that opportunity has been lost by the sheer abundance of third party characters.

I know, but Ryu is already making a guest appearance in DOA 5, so would that be stretching him out too thin?
Ryu is not a guest character in DoA, his appearance in the series is canon. He's practically the male protagonist.

I don't think anyone is "out of place", I just think that this could of been a good opportunity for Sony to really focus on their own core franchises. I feel like that opportunity has been lost by the sheer abundance of third party characters.

That's what DLC and Sequels are for silly.

emb

If Kat's on the disc I'll be really happy. Definitely a cool choice. Having her as DLC is way worse to me than not having her at all. I guess free DLC would be alright, but I'd still find insulting and annoying (I'm weird about stuff).

As for Ryu, well ok. He's kind of in the same boat as Big Daddy imo. A cool character that's fairly irrelevant to the Playstation brand, and certainly not a PS All Star (I would associate both way more so with the Xbox...).

Either way, I'm happy enough with how the roster has shaped up, and I'm looking forward to the game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Clap Hanz made Kat a white/pale vampire in HSG dlc, Let see what skin tone they'll give poor Kat in this game. (Hopefully she stay black)

and Kat over Jen Tate and Rynn and Ellen? really now Superbot? abilities wise (and it is what matter in a fighting game) Kat have nothing at all over the other Sony girls.

libregkd

3rd party only makes up less than a a fourth of the roster though. I mean I think Superbot is doing a pretty good job filling in the remaining 17 slots with Sony' first party characters

BlackJace

Ryu is not a guest character in DoA, his appearance in the series is canon. He's practically the male protagonist.

Ryu isn't a "guest" in DOA, he is one of the main characters.

Oh wow, really? I've always thought Ninja Gaiden was his game, and DOA was something he just popped his head in.
DOA 5 is gonna be my first foray into the series, so that explains my ignorance on that matter. Thanks for the heads up :p

Man they need a fucking Wild Arms character.

br_rudy.jpg

Wild Arms is (or was) a long time running Sony exclusive RPG series. The first three Wild Arms games made a significant splash in the JRPG scene outside of the Final Fantasy series. That and Legend of Legaia...kinda.

Mileena

Banned
and Kat over Jen Tate and Rynn and Ellen? really now Superbot? abilities wise (and it is what matter in a fighting game) Kat have nothing at all over the other Sony girls.

I have no idea who any of those characters are. Makes sense they chose Kat over them :)

Top Bottom