• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Sly Cooper 5: Master of Thieves (PS4/Vita)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Man, I still need to play Sly 4.

As much as I like PS4 support, I feel like this is one title that I would prefer seeing on the PS3. I'd like to see Sly 5 on the PS4 in 2014 (continued PS3 support) and then have them really bounce into the PS4 with something in 2016.

Jak and Sly were a little too absent this generation, aside from HD collections. Really hope Sony puts them back into the fold this upcoming generation.

Drago

Did Sly 4 even sell well enough on PS3/Vita for another entry to be made? I love the series, but I don't see Sly making a big return anytime soon.

It did at least 100k in its first month and the Vita version alone has an almost 30k LTD as of May 2013, don't think we know the PS3 LTD though. For a low budget game with literally zero marketing, I'd say it did good.

I remember Naughty Dog said they were doing concept stuff for a new Jak game but it never came to fruition...

I think they said they ran into a creative wall. It's like they are "too good" for Jak, but if this Sly thing is true, Sony can give it to another developer group.

If games like Jak are too "small time" for ND, then I think Jak could find the perfect home on VITA as an exclusive.

Sly 4 was $40, I wonder if Sly 5 will be priced similarly

SSReborn

I think they said they ran into a creative wall. It's like they are "too good" for Jak, but if this Sly thing is true, Sony can give it to another developer group.

If games like Jak are too "small time" for ND, then I think Jak could find the perfect home on VITA as an exclusive.

Sly 4 was $40, I wonder if Sly 5 will be priced similarly

Lol posting on Gaf during loading screens.

Wozman23

I fully expect Sanzaru to follow up with another entry. Their love for the franchise made Thieves in Time just as good as the Sucker Punch entries, if not better. I can't wait to meet a few more ancestors!

Squire

Banned
Looks fake. Even if a new Sly is in the works I call BS on this image.

Sly 4 wasnt called Sly 4. Why would 5 be called Sly 5?

Whats up with that white bar at the top with the PS4 and Vita logos?

The " Master of Thieves" part looks amateurish.

And on top of all that - we're actually supposed to believe those two canes look like the Roman numeral for five.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Sanzaru is dead so I tweeted them. Their twitter hasn't been updated since last July.

Sly Cooper will be remaining as a Playstation Exclusive

What?! Of course Sly Cooper is gonna remain a Playstation exclusive...Sony owns the IP

And Sly 4 sold very well for a budget title that had zero marketing. Of course they're making a sequel

Yawnier

Banned
I think Sanzaru is dead so I tweeted them. Their twitter hasn't been updated since last July.

It is really weird as to how we haven't even got any official word from anybody it seems on whether or not this studio is actually dead or what is actually going on.

Very strange.

Robertto

Neo Member
gotta be a skeptic on this.

Who on earth would frame and hang a poster for an unannounced game, just doesnt make sense.

in the same week as God of War redemption, which also had ps4 + Vita i smell a ruse, from some disgruntled vita bros

Two things:

- I love Jak but hope they don't make any more games. The story is done. Really don't like unnecessary sequels.

- Please make a new engine for Sly "5" and reboot it. I'd like them to come up with something that looks similar to Wind Waker. Every game after Sly 1 didn't look as clean or cel-shaded to me.

Two things:

- I love Jak but hope they don't make any more games. The story is done. Really don't like unnecessary sequels.

- Please make a new engine for Sly "5" and reboot it. I'd like them to come up with something that looks similar to Wind Waker. Every game after Sly 1 didn't look as clean or cel-shaded to me.
Please, no to both of these.

Can't really take the article seriously when they open with something like this "This means two things: Sly Cooper will be remaining as a Playstation Exclusive...".

I never got into the franchise during its initial release run but I downloaded the first Sly via my PS+ subscription and loved the hell out of it. Like Sly 1, subsequent iterations were easy as hell but I really enjoyed the kind fun, relaxed atmosphere that platformer brought; the whole safe combo cracking thing always cracks me up. "This one was a real challenge Sly, but I think I finally got it. Try 2-3-4." lol

I would absolutely be down for a PS4 outing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope Sony works with them again. They are a good studio and made a good game that sold well. Better than inbomniac.
I could see them becoming similar to Ready at Dawn. Working on a few small scale installments of established franchises then eventually getting to do their own IP.

Trevelyan

Banned
I hope Sony works with them again. They are a good studio and made a good game that sold well. Better than inbomniac.

Same here. They're literally just about 2 blocks down the road from SCEA in Foster City, so that's definitely advantageous to them. Here's hoping.

I could see them becoming similar to Ready at Dawn. Working on a few small scale installments of established franchises then eventually getting to do their own IP.

Agreed. And they seem like a perfect studio for them to continue to grow since too many of their studios feel like they've "outgrown" these games and I think a lot of us would love to see more of these games return to broaden the PS4's types of games like in the old days.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just wish they'd work on something other than Sly...never was a big fan of the series or characters.

Agreed. And they seem like a perfect studio for them to continue to grow since too many of their studios feel like they've "outgrown" these games and I think a lot of us would love to see more of these games return to broaden the PS4's types of games like in the old days.
They could be a good fit for Jak or Ratchet (if Insomniac is done with it)

Trevelyan

Banned
They could be a good fit for Jak or Ratchet (if Insomniac is done with it)

Would they want to work on that, though? The reason they did Sly 4 was because they were really big fans of the series. I'd rather they not make a game they're not interesting in doing.

Yawnier

Banned

lmfao, how this studio turned so quickly from one of GAF's favorites to being poked fun of on such a regular basis, I will never know.

Just wish they'd work on something other than Sly...never was a big fan of the series or characters.

Personal preferences here, but I agree with you. I maintain the stance that the first sly (Thievius Raccoonus) is one of the best platformers that the PS2 has to offer and it gave off mad Crash Bandicoot vibes to me in terms of it's linear structure for levels and such, but I literally had to force myself to finish Sly 2, that game just dragged on and on it was just a few chapters too long in my opinion.

lmfao, how this studio turned so quickly from one of GAF's favorites to being poked fun of on such a regular basis, I will never know.

Oh maybe the way they are behaving ( jstevenson with the "only on Xbox" logo on his avatar) and the things they're saying... "the power of the crowd!... ahem... the cloud!"... rubs some people the wrong way, including me... an ex-fan of their work.

Yawnier

Banned
The EA effect

Oh maybe the way they are behaving ( jstevenson with the "only on Xbox" logo on his avatar) and the things they're saying... "the power of the crowd!... ahem... the cloud!"... rubs some people the wrong way, including me... an ex-fan of their work.

Both good responses, I didn't realize that he had an avatar like that though. Its only just in good fun I would imagine but ouch, that stings a bit.

Top Bottom