• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Mr Jared

Son of Godzilla said:
Soul Calibur was never even released in the arcades was it? That was Soul Edge or whatever the fuck.

Dementia just explained it. Yes, there was an arcade version of Soul Calibur and the Dreamcast version is significantly enhanced.

And wow, haha... no thank you, Sega. Sonic Adventure is terrible.

I've already got a "HD" version of Sonic Adventure (and so can anyone else for all of about £3), I don't need another one. The game hasn't aged well.

andymcc

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
I LOVED this game back in the late nineties. I'd certainly double-dip.

i did too. i got it and the japanese DC on the same christmas (about a year before the states) and i loved it, bugs and all! if you guys think the us version of sonic adventure is buggy play the japanese one. lol

_dementia said:
Wrong.

Arcade Soul Calibur was a System 12 (PS1-compatible) arcade game. The Dreamcast version was totally overhauled visually (much like Tekken Tag Tournament when it made the jump from System 12 to PS2). The XBLA version is the upgraded Dreamcast version with bizarre 4:3 1080p support.

I remember reading a Namco interview a while back about it. I'll have to find it or if I'm too lazy, I'll just say I was wrong.

ShockingAlberto said:
No, Soul Calibur definitely had an arcade version. It looked quite a bit like Soul Edge/Blade.
correct, Soul Calibur Arcade existed and was PSOne looking, Dreamcast version was kick ass looking

Wario64 said:
Chu Chu Fucking Rocket
This.
Cosmic Smash
Space Channel 5
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Set Radio
Outtrigger
Propeller Arena
Alien Front Online

Bring this shit to XBLA/PSN/Steam already.
Also these.

Space Channel 5 HD remade by Miz... a man can dream, can't he? :(

That said, I'll probably buy this because I am a sheep and I love Sonic Adventure despite the fact that it hasn't aged all too well.

MechDX

Cosmic Smash
Space Channel 5
Chu Chu Rocket
Jet Set Radio
Outtrigger
Propeller Arena
Alien Front Online

Bring this shit to XBLA/PSN/Steam already.

Yes please!!

Hey Capcom?? You listening? I want my fucking Powerstone Collection with online play bitches!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
OldJadedGamer said:
I remember reading a Namco interview a while back about it. I'll have to find it or if I'm too lazy, I'll just say I was wrong.

you won't find anything that contradicts what dementia said.

Yes Boss!

andymcc said:
i did too. i got it and the japanese DC on the same christmas (about a year before the states) and i loved it, bugs and all! if you guys think the us version of sonic adventure is buggy play the japanese one. lol

I was living in Paris at the time and I remember heading down to the champs-elysees Virgin and picking up the system along with Sonic Adventure, going home, and then playing all night. It easily my favorite Sonic game. This title and Crazy Taxi pretty much equal the greatness of the DC for me.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sonic Adventure
Do not want.
It would be slightly worth it to hear the lamentations of achievement whores having to dredge through Big the Cat's campaign, however.
Crazy Taxi
Alien Front Online
WANT WANT MOTHERFUCKING WANT JESUS YES

Alien Front Online was a blast, and that was with 56k connections and garbled voice chat.

Shig said:
It would be slightly worth it to hear the lamentations of achievement whores having to dredge through Big the Cat's campaign, however.

hohoo! When I got My Gamecube this was the only game I had, I spent hours perfecting that fucking fishing mechanic.

I would buy it again in an instant though.

28ryzac.jpg

Archie said:
Don't play with my emotions like that. :(
The thing is thought that I own these multiple times. I mean Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Crazy Taxi and others I own again on the Gamecube as well as the originals for Dreamcast.

Dachande

I'm willing to bet this is happening because of an easy PC-to-360 port. I doubt the Dreamcast really has much of anything to do with it.

Fugu

While I still use my dreamcast regularly and therefore don't have much interest in seeing ports of single-player games, I would be so down for Chu Chu Rocket to appear on XBL/PSN.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Shig said:

Oh, fuck that shit. Fuck that fat, fugly shithead of a cat right up his fucking nose. I fucking HATED his part of the game. Even more tedious than Knuckles having to collect shitty emerald fragments.

I'd still buy it if it's on PSN

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Cool, I already bought Rez, Ikaruga and Virtua On so I'll probably get this as well as it's the only 3D Sonic I've really enjoyed. Powerstone, Shenmue, Seaman, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Typing of the Dead and Crazy Taxi as well please Sega :D

andymcc

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
Oh, fuck that shit. Fuck that fat, fugly shithead of a cat right up his fucking nose. I fucking HATED his part of the game. Even more tedious than Knuckles having to collect shitty emerald fragments.

I'd still buy it if it's on PSN

the knuckles parts aren't really that time consuming in the original SA. the stages are so small, that there is little to no challenge in locating the emeralds.

the shitty friends, every single one of them, bring the game down in the long run.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
andymcc said:
the knuckles parts aren't really that time consuming in the original SA. the stages are so small, that there is little to no challenge in locating the emeralds.

The Knuckles parts of the game weren't really bad, they were just extremely tedious due to having to play level after level after level where all you did was locate emerald fragments.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Simply: no. Lost source code means only full Sega Saturn emulation of an iso is required, and that takes a lot of raw hardware power up to be anywhere near worth it.

My shitty PC (Pentium 4 , GeForce 6500) can handle SegaSaturn emulation, I don't see how Sega with their own documentation can't do it.At least they should be able, another thing is if they want to develop a Saturn emu for current HD consoles...

snoopeasystreet said:
Will buy and if this means there's a greater chance of Powerstone 2 coming to Xbla... :D

Wasn't it rumored that Sony were trying to make DC games exclusive on psn?

Yeah, that's what I heard. Wasn't there a leak that revealed a few pieces of Sega info quite a while back? One of the leaks said that Banjo would appear in Sonic & Sega All Star Racing, and that turned out to be true.

I do hope this is true though. I fucking LOVE Sonic Adventure. I've played through it several times, and it's my favourite Sonic game. I love the 2D games, but they're so simple by today's standards. Whereas I had a lot of fun unlocking all the emblems in SA.

It's the only Sonic game to get 3D right.

Of course, I'd also be thrilled at the prospect of seeing other first-party Dreamcast games on XBLA, which -if this is true- would be a possibility.

wRATH2x

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
The Knuckles parts of the game weren't really bad, they were just extremely tedious due to having to play level after level after level where all you did was locate emerald fragments.
I enjoyed playing as Knuckles in Adventure. But in Adventure 2 yuck, thats another story.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
OMG YES.

I love this game so much. Fond memories of the Dreamcast era and the late 90s - early 00s.

BRING IT ON. DAY F'N ONE!!

Top Bottom