• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Tekken 7 Fated Retribution coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

Then what's the point of getting the game. If the community dies, then the game might as well die with it since fighting games these days lives with the community online.

I'm happy playing single player if the community does die :)

Looking forward to the game, Tekken has been a favourite since the mid 90's :-D

BasilZero

I hope this is true!

Would be amazing to play it on PC!

PS4 version still has exclusive content right? If so - if its exclusive characters I might double dip lol.

Renekton

I don't think using direct PC hardware means they are working with hardware more powerful than PS4. SE was using PC hardware for Dissidia weaker than PS4 before opting for PS4 based kits to get more power.
Given Tekken PS-based history and Harada's own statement they wanted streamlined development, they would have instantly gone PS4-based hardware + UE4 for the expediency. I think PC custom meant they wanted more power from the start.

Hopefully we can see what CPU and GPU models were used.

I hope this is true!

Would be amazing to play it on PC!

PS4 version still has exclusive content right? If so - if its exclusive characters I might double dip lol.

step into the light...

200.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Given Tekken PS-based history and Harada's own statement they wanted streamlined development, they would have instantly gone PS4-based hardware + UE4 for the expediency. I think PC custom meant they wanted more power from the start.

Hopefully we can see what CPU and GPU models were used.

Technically everyone was PS1 based at one point, but its no longer those days. The history is really the only credible argument for why they would bother for PS4...they were running arcade units development before PS4 came out remember, it was still a beta test, and cheaper than licensing PS4 based tech for that.

I just think its a stretch to assume they are trying to max out graphics potential beyond what the consoles are capable of. That's never been the case in terms of Tekken at any point.

Renekton

I just think its a stretch to assume they are trying to max out graphics potential beyond what the consoles are capable of. That's never been the case in terms of Tekken at any point.
They have done that before with System 12 running T3 and TTT.

The T7 arcade board spec has been an enticing mystery since 2014, what a tease man D:

Please Namco! Make the Pc version!

I would buy it for my PC and PS4 if it doesn't have cross-buy, I don't give a fuck, I just want to play with all of my friends.

Maybe it was dominant on PS. But there is still a minority playing on other platforms.
I understand that but from a business perspective it may, or may not be worth it for them, all things considered for them to make it on one platform. But who knows. We'll find out soon.

Rob2K19

PS4 version of FF type-0 greatly outsold the XB1. I'm starting to think that maybe even Square might not support the XB1 with more Jap games.

SE(Japan) games for Xbox One

E3 2013: FF XV and KH3. E3 2014: Type-0

Few months before E3 2015: Hashimoto: "SE wants to help sell PS4's. Look forward to our unannounced games this year."

E3 2015: No Japanese games for Xbox One, but plenty for PS4.

During/After E3 2015: Nomura: "With our announced and unannounced games, we want to give gamers a reason to buy a PS4."

After that: More PS games announced like KH 2.8, Dragon Quest, etc.

Note: Not counting FF XIV.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Might be a dumb question but how realistic would it be to get a Nathan Drake character model into Tekken?

As a mod on PC? Pretty easy really. If the game has official workshop support then it might be less likely as Namco would have to moderate out anything that violates other companies copyrights.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They have done that before with System 12 running T3 and TTT.

The T7 arcade board spec has been an enticing mystery since 2014, what a tease man D:

T3 and TTT were based on PS consoles but with a few marginal upgrades compared to what was out at the time. They didn't upgrade their arcade boards again until after PS2 was out hence the Soul Calibur and TTT disparities

Dereck

They are not going to announce a release date for a console port of a game that isn't out yet.

At the absolute most they'll announce that it's coming to XB1, NX and PC, but to me I don't think they'll announce anything and they'll just have it playable or something.

cordy

Banned
Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh....

They gotta get that console release date out there. With SFV fucking up, the arena is open for T7. Please Namco I beg of you get us that alley oop.

Top Bottom