• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The 7th game in a famous JRPG series getting a remix on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't trust rumors anymore after those Sega rumors from TGS let me down. :(

But for real, this would probably make sense, but I can't say I've heard anyone talking about it.

If the rumors are true, the older rumors were right, but all the games you hoped for got canceled.

I am putting my bets on Dragon Quest VII. Would also like to see a proper DQ 1-3 remake, but likely the NES games will just be released directly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Red/Green
Blue
Gold/Silver
Ruby/Sapphire
Diamond/Pearl
Black/White

OMG it's Pokemon Gray.

gwarm01

Wasn't FF5 one of the least popular titles in the series?

Ha!

Not in my heart :(

If they skip straight to 7 then that might mean we'll never get 6. Although that's just me trying to apply some sort of logic or pattern to this. There's absolutely no reason why they couldn't remake 7 and then remake 6 later. People will still buy millions of copies. There aren't any rules to this.

watershed

Banned
Rumor is very interesting but I'm confused about the proposed timing. Is it saying that next year presumably at the standard Nintendo presentation to end the fiscal year Nintendo is going to announce this rpg or is this some other meeting/presentation?

rpmurphy

Rumor is very interesting but I'm confused about the proposed timing. Is it saying that next year presumably at the standard Nintendo presentation to end the fiscal year Nintendo is going to announce this rpg or is this some other meeting/presentation?
My understanding is that going forward, Nintendo Direct is going to be the medium for delivering these announcements rather than as a part of quarterly earnings presentations.

P90

I would love it to be FF VII. Sephiroth is such an archetypal baddie. Aeris, an archetypal goodie. Cloud, with Crisis Core, as background, makes more sense now. Barret. Yuffie. Vincent. FF VII had some great characters.

I'll gladly take a Pokemon remake.

I'm DQ'd out.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

XX number for 3DS possibly refers to Japan so you are at next Fall conference, if that's the case.

If the rumors are true, the older rumors were right, but all the games you hoped for got canceled.

4Wlp5.gif

Edit: Oh, man. Tinypic is banned?

Emitan

tmus4.jpg

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

dacuk

The only way it could be FF7 is if Nintendo itself finances the development.
For this kind of ports, Squeenix is more Sony-related (Sony still owns shares on SE, ain't it?)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
XX number for 3DS possibly refers to Japan so you are at next Fall conference, if that's the case.

Since the rumour talks about a game releasing just six months after the spinoff, and since Slime Mori Mori has just been released, I suppose the supposed source is talking about Nintendo celebrating XX milliins sold WW...so, January's investors conference.

And January already saw good announcements from Nintendo in the recent past

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
For this kind of ports, Squeenix is more Sony-related (Sony still owns shares on SE, ain't it?)
Sony aren't a majority. If they had any pull, they would already have put Dragon Quest on one of their machines.

Since the rumour talks about a game releasing just six months after the spinoff, and since Slime Mori Mori has just been released, I suppose the supposed source is talking about Nintendo celebrating XX milliins sold WW...so, January's investors conference.

And January already saw good announcements from Nintendo in the recent past
I'm expecting, if DQ7r is a reality, to be following Dragon Quest Monsters remake.

P90

DQ IX? DQ X? DQ any number of remakes and spinoffs?

Skies of Arcadia 2-6 confirmed!

Fire Emblem and by RPG they meant SRPG
Please no, we've had enough remake harm done to that franchise
Hey lay off man, FE3 remake was really good. Correct answer: Fire Emblem 7 with Fire Emblem 6 remake added, Fire Emblem 4 style.

Goody

A Dragon Quest VII remake would be amazing. I've really fallen in love with the series since playing the DS remakes, but haven't been able to get my hands on VII.

I can totally see VII done in the style of PS2 remake of V.

If it is DQ7, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it yet. It's most certainly welcome provided they put more into it than DQ6 DS which is the laziest thing I've ever seen and was a gigantic disappointment.

How could you know anything about it, who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom