• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: There are God of War Games being worked on by other than Santa Monica

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why would they give it to? Definitely not bluepoint because they have no history with the franchise and they are working on a new IP according to the insomniac leaks.

Ready At Dawn wouldve been the perfect fit if sony had bought them. Their PSP games were legit amazing. But I cant think of another dev that could handle GOW.

bend said that they are working on a new IP. Platinum would never do it.

WitchHunter

Banned
Why would they give it to? Definitely not bluepoint because they have no history with the franchise and they are working on a new IP according to the insomniac leaks.

Ready At Dawn wouldve been the perfect fit if sony had bought them. Their PSP games were legit amazing. But I cant think of another dev that could handle GOW.

After the clusterfuck they did with GOWR, anyone has an equal chance.

Atreus and angrboda
Mmmm I can't wait to see a game where angrboda's head is smashed into a stone wall by some brute and then it proceeds to drink out her liquefied brain. That would send the proper signals to the core GOW fans. Of course Atreus would become batshit crazy and bring out father's genepool big time.

Last edited:

Jen_yakzua

Bluepoint is working on an original IP not a new IP

GOW 1 2 3 Remake lets go

The most obvious projects for them to do.

God of War remakes and Uncharted drakes fortune remake both make a lot of sense.

If you look at how the later games in the series sold compared to the earlier games, nothing really comes close, but it should also have signaled to Sony to go back and revisit older franchises.

I hope they send kratos to the egyptian or mayan pantheons

There probably isn't a massive market for other pantheons. I think you'd need to introduce them in tv or movies for the general public to really get a grip on them. When it comes to greek and Norse mythology people were much more familiar.

Lokaum D+

There probably isn't a massive market for other pantheons. I think you'd need to introduce them in tv or movies for the general public to really get a grip on them. When it comes to greek and Norse mythology people were much more familiar.
it had market for every pantheon, but not how GoW plays now, if the game was once again about Kratos murdering gods like crazy, SSM could even make Kratos crucifies Jesus himself that the game would sell like crazy, but how it is now, GoW is kind dead, no one wants to play as a middle aged pussy man imo.

Last edited:

mitch1971

God of Atreus war

Atreus: second coming of boy

Atreus and angrboda
GOW: Death of Artreus
Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Definitely Bluepoint working on an Atreus game, as I have been saying for a long time now.

I'm all up for it. If true, I'm just happy they got away from that shit Souls-like formula games.

kyussman

People asking for GOW 1,2 and 3 remakes have no idea what they are really asking for do they......once Sony's DEI zombies have had their way the games would be unrecognizable.

by your logic i cant play violent games for fun, instead i have to play "mature" boring philosophical games to prove how mature and grow up i m ? fuck off
That's the pretentious crowd the new God of War games attracted...

The people that would have a heart attack if you told them that the Kirby games and the Postal games are art just as much as God of War 2018.
People asking for GOW 1,2 and 3 remakes have no idea what they are really asking for do they...
Any "problematic" game from the past being remade today, will look completely or particularly unrecognizable.

Just like the Lolipop Chainsaw Remake.
That won't be what people want it to be.

Flabagast

Sony Western devs have lost the plot.

Thanks god we have the Japaneses god tier comeback this gen

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Hey, let’s have Kratos fight against Abrahamic religions! Kratos vs Jesus, Jehova, Mohammad, now let’s begin.

20100322-r4Un8g_e.jpg

MiguelItUp

Weren't they credited as a support studio when GoW Ragnarök went gold?

Found the tweet:

Yuuuup. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the studio(s) working on anything GoW related are the ones that are listed there. Or at least some of them. It'd make sense as they helped with Ragnarok.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I want a god of war game set in modern times.

Kratos ripping apart purple hairs in half. Fighting front line with an AK47 he can throw and catch like a boomerang spilling bullets against Isis. Have him rage against Biden and Trump AND Putin as the 3 main bosses.

Top Bottom