• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bloodborne Remake is in the works

yurinka

This is the guys that leaked GoT on PC and Starfield on PS5 in autumn.
Do we choose to believe all his rumors or are we selective?
I also guessed that Starfield was going to be a timed console exclusivity of probably a year or two when they said it was going to be exclusive.

And when Sony started to port several games to PC it was easy to guess that at some point one of them was going to be GoT. In the same way that it's easy to guess now that TLOU2R and Demon's Souls will come next. And maybe at some point GT7 and (this one is more difficult due to different reasons) Dreams too.

Sony also said they are doubling down their PC ports, so the obvious guesses now are the relatively recent ones left, plus to keep going back in time. Specially those getting movie/tv adaptations soon because Sony more or less released PC ports or remasters relative close to the release of adaptations or movies.

Even the lowest performer PC ports, Rift Apart and Sackboy, were profitable, so they can throw almost everything to PC. Even games that tanked in console like Gravity Rush, they may try to rerelesae the two games refurbished on PS5+PC to get the bump from the movie adaptation. But unlike the unreliable stuff some Gravity Rush fan said in Gravity Rush Discord that for some reason people are giving credibility, I think they wouldn't release GR2 but both games instead. And not this year but next year instead to release it closer to the movie.

Looking at Miyazaki's recent words, we can assume that all rumors related to any Bloodborne remasters, or remake suppposedly to be released relatively soon are fake. Miyazaki thinks it doesn't make sense to release now a remake or remaster because it would be basically the same. He thinks it would make more sense to do as they did with Demon's Souls, to keep 2 generations in the middle and to remake it to have more difference.

If it’s going to be developed by BluePoint in the same fashion as DeS then I’m not interested, if it’s going to be done by FS then count me in, otherwise it would be more than enough for me if they port it to PC as it is
Bluepoint's boss said that after Demon's Souls they moved away from remasters and remakes to evolve to work in original content instead. The first original content they worked on was GoWR in a support role. They don't have enough designers to develop their next game as lead, so will continue as support team at least until they grow more their studio.

Their whole team was working first on Demon's Souls and later GoWR. They didn't have anyone working in a separate unannounced project when they were developing them.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
This is the guys that leaked GoT on PC and Starfield on PS5 in autumn.
Do we choose to believe all his rumors or are we selective

Well, he did claim that we would get GoT reveal on March 5th, so he does have his sources

Audiophile

Gold Member
I_Don%27t_Care_Anymore_Phil_Collins.jpg

Should we not take this rumour at...

phil-collins-face-value.jpg

..?

Mortisfacio

Of everything from the PS4/XBone gen, this is the only game I want to be remade/remastered. Game was amazing. Game dropping to 18fps range in some areas on PS4, not so much.

Its been 9 years, let it go.
It came out 9 years ago, that doesn't really have anything to do with a remaster. People are clamoring for it (rightfully so) since it's such a beloved game, they want a PS5 native app for it. That hopefully runs a bit better, since the PS4 build is a bit rough on the technical side.

Last edited:

sachos

PS6 launch title.
Whats funny is if the PS6 comes out in 2028 that means the Remake would come out 13 years after the original game, from a time period perspective it would be even more justified than the Demon's Souls Remake that was 11 years.
Imagine a fully path traced Bloodborne as launch title, a man can dream.

Top Bottom