• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony is working on multiple Remakes and Remastereds for 2024 & 2025

Draugoth

Gold Member
bloodborne-bluepoint-remake.jpg
The information is via Silknight:

Sony has yet to stop the remaster machine, and currently, there are a couple of remakes in the pipeline. However, 2025 is shaping up to be a significant year for the brand.
I understand that some people may feel demotivated by the announcement of some remasters or even remakes, but keep in mind that these developments are undergoing a very lengthy process, and it's necessary to shake things up a bit.

Source

Killzone will not be one of them

Last edited:
They've constantly been working on various remasters and remakes for the better part of the last decade (even longer than that) so this is hardly a surprise.

That said since we're talking about them, I do want 1) Killzone 2 & 3 remasters and a remake for the first one; 2) Resistance Trilogy Remaster; 3) Infamous 1 & 2 Remasters; 4) MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Remaster; 5) Rain Remaster; :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
As someone who has been out of the PlayStation camp since the PS2 era, I’d love for this rumor to be true.

King Dazzar

Personally I welcome them. I just like the games getting full dual sense support with potential res and/or frame rate options added. I also dont see them as stopping or hindering other games currently in development.

Wasn't HZD rumoured ages ago to be getting one?

Perrott

Gold Member
I mean, yeah:
  • Gravity Rush 2 Remastered is reportedly slated to come out this summer.
  • Until Dawn is being remade and confirmed to be coming out later this year.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn has a remake in development, per a leaked XDEV document. Likely a PS5 Pro launch title.
  • The crew over at PlayStation Visual Arts partly responsible for The Last Of Us Part I (released over two years ago) are collaborating once again with Naughty Dog on another project. There are rumors of it being 2007's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
  • Nixxes have announced themselves that they're, in addition to their PC ports, working on "remasters".
You don't have to be an insider to know this, it's obvious.

Lokaum D+

The most creatively bankrupt generation of our times.
The problem is that you can't be creative when you have lots of ppl just waiting to mob and cancel you when your game doesn't have modern sensitive and inclusive content. Devs are just too afraid to create new things.

Last edited:

K' Dash

You know, if MS was just half as competent as they were during the 360 years they could turn things around and actually sell some shit, but knowing as I know them, even when Sony is fucking up, they will find a way to embarrass themselves and make the gap between Xbox and PS even bigger.

yurinka

Miyazaki said there's no point to release a Bloodborne remaster/remake now, that it's better to wait for the next gen to get more difference with a remake having 2 generations of difference.

Bluepoint moved away from remasters and remakes after Demon's Souls: they worked as support team in GoWR and now are working again as support team in another game with combat according to a job offer (I'd bet the next GoW).

We know that Until Dawn is getting remade by Ballistic Moon, who we knew were working for Sony since several years ago, but it will release this year at least in PS5.

Nixxes is busy with HFW and GoTDC PC ports. It's fair to assume they'll port to PC TLOU2R and Until Dawn next.

We have no news of other teams left to make possible remasters or remakes, everyone is busy. But it's obvious that Sony is happy remastering and remaking stuff to release it on PS5+PC.

I think the only option left is Uncharted 1 or a Nathan Drake Collection PS5+PC refurbished port, similar to the previous collection. Maybe made by Iron Galaxy + some ND juniors available after TLOUP2R/TLOU Online + some Visual Arts folks who did work in TLOUP1.

Horizon: Zero Dawn has a remake in development, per a leaked XDEV document. Likely a PS5 Pro launch title.
That "leak" was fake, it had a mixture of things we already knew were true, some things that were easy guesses and already rumored and made up stuff that some of it we already knew back then was wrong and other that later we knew was wrong. Plus also missed many projects where we knew XDEV was working on.

• Nixxes have announced themselves that they're, in addition to their PC ports, working on "remasters".
They worked in Spider-Man Remastered, yes. Other than that they ported games adding a few PC specific things such as ultrawide support or the PC specific upscaling methods or keyboard and mouse controls and extra visual settings with some extra improvement. They may be also work in the PC version of Until Dawn.

Maybe this is what they meant with remasters.

You don't have to be an insider to know this, it's obvious.
Yes. Sony made a lot of remasters and remakes in order to refurbish games to keep them more fresh and look less old for their PC releases. They are happy with them and said that will double down on them. So yes, make sure they'll continue making more.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
The sad part about this is that it will most likely sell well.
I cannot say that I'm against it, especially when looking at how obsolete Zero Dawn was made by the improvements introduced in Forbidden West, particularly the facial expresions tech.

yurinka

The well of new ideas that dry, huh?
No, just easy money. On top of refurbished stuff they are also working in a record number of new games, being around half of them new IPs.

That's what BC is for... geez Sony hurry up and make a new game that isn't spiderman
PC isn't BC with PS4 games. And well, re-releasing games with a few improvements calling them remakes or remasters makes extra money, specially for the new PS5 users who didn't have a PS4.

Who is this Nostradamus?
Someone who got right (or almost) the announcement day of the GoTDC PC port.

That's what BC is for... geez Sony hurry up and make a new game that isn't spiderman
They just released TLOU2R, Helldivers 2 and soon will release Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Destiny 2 The Final Shape and MLB. And later this year minimum Until Dawn remake and Concord. They also should release this year Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside, both were originally planned to be released last year.

On top of that, they are porting to PC HFW and GoT.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They've constantly been working on various remasters and remakes for the better part of the last decade (even longer than that) so this is hardly a surprise.

That said since we're talking about them, I do want 1) Killzone 2 & 3 remasters and a remake for the first one; 2) Resistance Trilogy Remaster; 3) Infamous 1 & 2 Remasters; 4) MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Remaster; 5) Rain Remaster; :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Yeah, Sony seems deadset on re-releasing the games I am NOT asking for. The Last of Us was at the bottom of games needing it, since it still had a very playable and good looking PS4 version. Now rumors are strong that Horizon Zero Dawn is getting a remake.

Just re-release stuff like you mentioned. All the God of War/Killzone/Infamous/Resistance/Ratchet games in 4K/120. Throw in some QoL features and call it a day.

You're welcome Sony.

I've been mad at Xbox for not doing the game for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Bond007

Im good with it.
Not like we dont get good new releases outside of em. Likely a good way to make a fast buck on a decent turnaround time.

T,

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The same people who hate remakes and just want new games are the same one that say games today are the best they've ever been and we just have our nostalgia glasses on when we say the older games were better.
Then a Remake comes along and shits all over those "new, better games"
And they hate remakes more.
But seriously, nothing from the PS4 generation needs a Remake... except Watch Dogs & AC unity
But a remaster will do for those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom