• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony is working on multiple Remakes and Remastereds for 2024 & 2025

Here is what they need to remake:

ypcmEuD.gif

Niui.gif
Destruction Derby is long dead. Nobody needs It anymore. Try Wreckfest.

Well I would hope so. They don't have anything else ready to launch.

Between the FFVII Remake games apparently not coming to Switch 2 or Xbox, and rumors of a Bloodborne remake/remaster, and Ghost of Tsushima 2 coming out next year, I'm starting to have a reason to pick up a PS5. Slooooowly, ever so slowly getting there.

Last edited:

Lambogenie

I guess new stuff doesn't pay the bills as much.
You can do both. A quick res bump of last gen games, fine, whatever. But full remakes? Why!!!!

skit_data

I still consider this tweet only half fulfilled:

They said they were working on original content after Demon's Souls, but I wouldn't rule out it being a remake with additional content. Some sort of middle ground between a remake and an actual new game. Only thing missing is what the hell they are working on...

StereoVsn

They've constantly been working on various remasters and remakes for the better part of the last decade (even longer than that) so this is hardly a surprise.

That said since we're talking about them, I do want 1) Killzone 2 & 3 remasters and a remake for the first one; 2) Resistance Trilogy Remaster; 3) Infamous 1 & 2 Remasters; 4) MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Remaster; 5) Rain Remaster; :messenger_grinning_sweat:
This is a great list. In particular I would love to see Infamous 1&2 Remaster/Remake and Motor Storm / Pacific Rim remasters!

Also since we are doing this, let’s get DriveClub back in business, at 4K and 60fps!

I mean, yeah:
  • Gravity Rush 2 Remastered is reportedly slated to come out this summer.
  • Until Dawn is being remade and confirmed to be coming out later this year.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn has a remake in development, per a leaked XDEV document. Likely a PS5 Pro launch title.
  • The crew over at PlayStation Visual Arts partly responsible for The Last Of Us Part I (released over two years ago) are collaborating once again with Naughty Dog on another project. There are rumors of it being 2007's Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
  • Nixxes have announced themselves that they're, in addition to their PC ports, working on "remasters".
You don't have to be an insider to know this, it's obvious.
I heard gow 2018 is also getting a remaster to make it online with ragnarok would kill for a crash team racing 120fps remaster

Yeah, Sony seems deadset on re-releasing the games I am NOT asking for. The Last of Us was at the bottom of games needing it, since it still had a very playable and good looking PS4 version. Now rumors are strong that Horizon Zero Dawn is getting a remake.

Just re-release stuff like you mentioned. All the God of War/Killzone/Infamous/Resistance/Ratchet games in 4K/120. Throw in some QoL features and call it a day.

You're welcome Sony.

I've been mad at Xbox for not doing the game for Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
And 8k 60 on the pro

I’m fine with remakes/remasters of games from the PS3 gen and before. Stuff from PS4 seems unneeded, well maybe except Bloodborne.

OT: Wasn’t there a rumor of the 1st Assassins Creed getting a remake? What happened with that?

Last edited:
Well I would hope so. They don't have anything else ready to launch.

Between the FFVII Remake games apparently not coming to Switch 2 or Xbox, and rumors of a Bloodborne remake/remaster, and Ghost of Tsushima 2 coming out next year, I'm starting to have a reason to pick up a PS5. Slooooowly, ever so slowly getting there.
Still wait for the pro at this point please and I say this as a base ps5 owner

Uncharted trilogy, I’ve wanted this remade for years, don’t touch the story, characters, or music, just give it the last of us part one treatment.

At this point we won't be expecting new games from them because they can milk the old ones and make money. The 'supporters' are going to defend and support.

I got burned hard by the PS4 Pro like, super duper not being worth it. And I say that not as a warring fanboy, as the Xbox One X was also super duper not worth it.
I’m only saying this since you don’t own the console already why not play all the titles maxed out I also think the ps5 pro will be better than the 4 pro being more premium and expensive

nial

Gold Member
I will always say it, but almost every post here about Sony having no games this year ends up looking dumb when these same people are found in Helldivers 2 and Stellar Blade threads.

I’m only saying this since you don’t own the console already why not play all the titles maxed out I also think the ps5 pro will be better than the 4 pro being more premium and expensive
Which is my most played console literally ever I clearly don’t care about graphics, right? 😂

I still consider this tweet only half fulfilled:

They said they were working on original content after Demon's Souls, but I wouldn't rule out it being a remake with additional content. Some sort of middle ground between a remake and an actual new game. Only thing missing is what the hell they are working on...

3D remake of Castlevania SOTN

REDRZA MWS

The only fucking remake I want is SOCOM 2. So is pumping out too many old games. Concentrate on the PS5 hardware only, drop the ps4, start pumping new experiences.

Last edited:

blue velvet

Sony devs are creatively bankrupt. Most of their AAA devs can't develop games that aren't third person slops. They are so lucky Microsoft is so incompetent.

Shakka43

Seems like they have hit a wall in producing new stories. The whole entertainment industry seems to be creatively bankrupt at the moment, I wonder why that is...

Raonak

Banned
I would absolutely LOVE an uncharted remake.

Or just a new uncharted game.

But drakes fortune in a more wide linear style would be super interesting.

sachos

I mean if they start offering Remastered Trilogies of their PS3 era games in 4k60 it would be awesome, i don't want full remakes of those games, that takes too much time and resources better spent on new games/IP. Same with Bloodborne, of course a full remake would look awesome but better spend those resources in making a sequel and just give us 4k60 Bloodborne Remaster.

Top Bottom