• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Sony is working on multiple Remakes and Remastereds for 2024 & 2025

JaksGhost

Copying Nintendo.
PS4 Era Remasters/Remakes:

God of War III Remastered
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2 Remastered
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
Patapon Remastered
Patapon 2 Remastered
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remsatered
Parappa the Rapper Remastered
Wipeout Omega Collection
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
The Last of Us Remastered
Super Stardust Ultra
etc.

Lets not start acting as if Sony is brand new to this.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Me looking at all the soys lapping up sony making remakes yet nintendo is evil for doing it, makes sense
ZpMB6Kd.jpg

Nintendo games are actually good at least. Also, only 3 people bought the WiiU, makes sense to do remasters for a 100 million+ audience.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PS4 Era Remasters/Remakes:

God of War III Remastered
Gravity Rush Remastered
Gravity Rush 2 Remastered
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
Patapon Remastered
Patapon 2 Remastered
LocoRoco Remastered
LocoRoco 2 Remsatered
Parappa the Rapper Remastered
Wipeout Omega Collection
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
Heavy Rain
Beyond Two Souls
The Last of Us Remastered
Super Stardust Ultra
etc.

Lets not start acting as if Sony is brand new to this.
PS4 gen also released brand new IPs like Bloodborne, Horizon, Spiderman, Days Gone, Ghosts. Probably some more I missed.

So far were about half way through this gen assuming PS6 is fall 2027. So far there isn't one big new IP yet, unless they are all going to come back half.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
hes talking about the Horizon remake guys. It was leaked in those PS europe slides.

It is being rebuilt using HFW assets, character models and lighting. It is arguably the dumbest way to spend dev time but here we are.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The generation of remasters.
We'll get lucky if ND will release TLOUIII or their new IP this gen.

I'm sure we'll get Horizon III though, which is 100% given at this point, probably in 2-2,5 years from now. Other than that... it's a complete effin' wasteland if it wasn't for Remasters, Remakes and a few 3rd party timed exlusives.

It's getting harder for me not to sell PS5 at this point, the only thing holding me back aside from backlog (which is getting smaller each year, as more games getting ported to PC) is TLOUIII and Horizon III, everything else (especially 3rd paty timed exlusives) I can wait to play on PC or not play at all (Santa Monica, Sucker Punch... for the most part Insomniac).

Idk if I'll think the same way in 2 years or this year even, if they'll show fuck all from 1st party (except one game we know about) this year during summer, autumn and at the Game Awards.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
hes talking about the Horizon remake guys. It was leaked in those PS europe slides.

It is being rebuilt using HFW assets, character models and lighting. It is arguably the dumbest way to spend dev time but here we are.
Shit. I musta missed that slide. Didnt know a Horizon remake was coming.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
We'll get lucky if ND will release TLOUIII or their new IP this gen.

I'm sure we'll get Horizon III though, which is 100% given at this point, probably in 2-2,5 years from now. Other than that... it's a complete effin' wasteland if it wasn't for Remasters, Remakes and a few 3rd party timed exlusives.

It's getting harder for me not to sell PS5 at this point, the only thing holding me back aside from backlog (which is getting smaller each year, as more games getting ported to PC) is TLOUIII and Horizon III, everything else (especially 3rd paty timed exlusives) I can wait to play on PC or not play at all.

Idk if I'll think the same way in 2 years or this year even, if they'll show fuck all from 1st party (except one games we know about) this year during summer, autumn and at Game Awards.
Going by history, ND releases LOU games in the final year of a console. No doubt to maximize sales from the current generation, as well as keep enough interest for a next gen remaster launch of some sort.

So assuming PS6 comes out in 2027 (or 2028), that's when I expect LOU3 to come out. In the mean time, they'll live off remake/remaster sales.

bender

What time is it?
Re: Sony versus Nintendo's strategy. I can understand being disappointed with both approaches but I think Nintendo gets more grace as they often pull from farther back in their catalogue and in their current system has no backwards computability. Further, their remakes tend to supplement new releases which they develop plenty of.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sony devs have lost the plot.

Such a shame that MS fumbled so much as they could clearly have had better exclusives this gen.
Only a fool would think like this and post this actually believing this.

You go sit over there and we'll enjoy the games as they come.

You must work in the lumber industry or anything else other than gaming right?

Think about what you're drive by posting as this isn't personal.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Going by history, ND releases LOU games in the final year of a console. No doubt to maximize sales from the current generation, as well as keep enough interest for a next gen remaster launch of some sort.
Yup, but 3 years is a long time and Idk if I can hold on to my PS5 for that long, unless the next 3 years will be amazing.

In the mean time, they'll live off remake/remaster sales.
I mean, I don't mind remasters and remakes if it's God of War 1-3, Killzone 1-3, Bloodborne (will I ever play this goodamn game at 4K 30 FPS at least or not? I refuse to even look at the PS4 abomination), ICO... But other than that, it's fuckin' sad, man.

Last edited:

zweifuss

Some remakes that came out on PS3 weren't carried over to PS4 and ps5. I was a bit disappointed that the ico remake wasn't remade again for the current gen. And God of War Ascension that came out towards the end of the PS3 era, that needs to be playable on current gen. And yes Bloodborne with smooth framerate would be nice, along with an optimized Elden Ring for ps5, but I digress.

JaksGhost

PS4 gen also released brand new IPs like Bloodborne, Horizon, Spiderman, Days Gone, Ghosts. Probably some more I missed.

So far were about half way through this gen assuming PS6 is fall 2027. So far there isn't one big new IP yet, unless they are all going to come back half.
All of those were released in the latter half of the PS4's life except for Bloodborne and Horizon. PS5 was released in November of 2020 and in 2018 up until the release we received:
God of War (2018)
Spiderman (2018)
Days Gone (2019)
Death Stranding (2019)
Ghost of Tsushima (2020)

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Ehhh. I’d prefer new stuff, but I get the quick cash grab decision that most big companies are trying for. They’re all doing it. Even Nintendo is putting out Luigi’s Mansion 2, and the rumored Kid Icarus Uprising.

Last edited:
The last of us remake remaster remaked? 🤔
I only hope they will remake motostorm trilogy. And Bloodborne of course! 😸

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member

There's been Returnal so far, Concord and Fairgame$ are on the way, Bend Studio and Housemarque are officially confirmed to be working on new IPs, and I guess Wolverine also marks the start of a new series.

Plus, it's safe to say that Santa Monica (Cory Barlog) and Naughty Dog (Neil Druckmann) are doing new IPs next, with FromSoftware and Jason Blundell's secret team rumored to be doing so too, and both Ballistic Moon's Project Bates and Media Molecule's next project likely being a new properties as well.

Also, can you really blame Sony for mostly focusing on releasing sequels so far into this generation? Like, it would have been not only irresponsable but disappointing to not have greenlit Spider-Man, Horizon and God of War sequels, or the upcoming Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and even Astro-Bot follow-ups. Hell, if anything, they should've found a way to get new Days Gone, Uncharted and even inFAMOUS games out of the door as well.

Last edited:

VinnyMac

I mean seriously just on the remaster front.

Resistance all 3 hell even the vita one
Infamous 1 and 2
Killzone 2 and 3

Remake front
Socom

Don't under the bb remake and master cries it's a ps4 game and runs and looks still good. Focus on a sequel

Top Bottom