• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Uncharted 4: eye of atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncharted 4? Old news. This is the real megaton.

pr6mBkx.jpg

This should show everyone how easy it is to fake things

EVIL

What's a good way to show off the power of your new console?

Have your flagship developer create a game with insane water physics and visuals.

3 already had incredible water effects for the ps3, my mouth waters (heh) at the thought of water effects on the ps4

Tagg9

But still notably smaller than Crash in his early years. Naughty Dog's success goes PS1 > PS3 > PS2, objectively.

I was about to dispute this, but the numbers don't lie.

The Crash Bandicoot series (including CTR) sold 13 million copies in the USA alone [1]. If you can add Europe and Japan, total sales are probably at ~25-30 million. Edit: 22 million according to this thread?

For comparison, the Uncharted series sold 17.3 million units as of April 2012 [2]. We can probably assume that UC3 sold another million since then with the GOTY release, putting it at ~18.5 million.

Lastly, the Jak series apparently only sold 4 million units in the US.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More "angled photos" yet again.

I question the competence of these photographers who can't even take straight shots.

At this point you have to wonder who they're trying to fool. "Off-angle" has become synonymous with "fake".

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
With a title like that, it could only be a spinoff or fake.

injurai

Banned
They absolutely should make a new IP.

It could be bigger and better than a Uncharted 4 could ever be, seriously.

I don't think you can get anything more out of the Uncharted franchise at this point. Uncharted 2 was the nadir in terms of critical acclaim and U3 represents the maximum sales level for the game.

Sad because that is their zenith in game design.

Don't agree with people saying the franchise has nowhere to go. ND are aware that they need to shake up the formula and there are lots of ways to do it, TLOU already showed us where they are heading in terms of level design for example. Now with the new hardware anything is possible. That tune will change as soon as we get a glimpse of it.

Sad because that is their zenith in game design.

TLOU's is superior, not even a contest.

raindoc

fake as fuck

Maybe/probably, but ND has had a 2nd team developing a title while they made TLoU. With UC being a flagship for the PS3 i'd be surprised if there was no UC4 ready for the PS4's first holiday season.

We'll know more about a month from now.

Krakn3Dfx

Guess what, guys? Naughty Dog is going to make an Uncharted game on the PS4.

I'm calling it now. A huge stretch I know, but I just have this feeling.

Drakeon

So, is this PS4 or Vita? Could easily be a sequel to Golden Abyss just as well as Uncharted 4. Something tell's me its Vita, because I don't see Naughty Dog going back to Uncharted. Maybe I'm wrong though?

Come on guys, Uncharted 4 will be starring a little girl, Elena and Nate's daughter. Uncle Sully will be back, hell it's all the supporting characters on a vacation in the Bermudda Triangle. Less shooting and more exploring with bow and arrow.

nah, before we go to their son/daughter story, first we'll need a game about Nate and Elena's honeymoon gone wrong adventure lol.

NAPK1NS

Pshh. All you skeptics are just scared of being hurt. Among Thieves and Drake's Deception both got unveiled by wonky smartphone logo-shots. It's probably a legit, potentially amazing PS4 game. Which is a lot more exciting than "I call bs."

i-Lo

God of war series was supposed to go Atlantis, they didn't. Uncharted was rumoured and now that's fake.

Atlantis: Where all roads end.

This should show everyone how easy it is to fake things
This... Didn't we see a fake Gow game and Sly 5 screens a few weeks back

Of course this also has a gameplay screen with it...

If so and if it's a ps vita uncharted again...
Sony Bend why?... Wheres my ps4 Syphon Filter ;(

While it is fake, there's very little chance there won't be an Uncharted 4 for PS4. I wouldn't be shocked to see it at the VGAs, heck maybe even Gamescom.

While it is fake, there's very little chance there won't be an Uncharted 4 for PS4. I wouldn't be shocked to see it at the VGAs, heck maybe even Gamescom.

VGA's seem very likely. Uncharted 3 and TLoU were unveiled there, and the first Uncharted 2 trailer debuted there. I'd expect gamescom to be more of a Sony Europe show. So probably Guerrilla's new IP, the Stardust successor and maybe whatever Media Molecule is working on.

i-Lo

It did in Ghost of Sparta.

Oh wow... I never played the portables. I remember seeing behind the scenes vid for GoW1 (or was it 2... ) where the devs said that Atlantis was in the plans at one stage and showed a very incomplete level.

Thanks for the correction.

Atlantis: Where Sony goes portable.

Mario007

Oh wow... I never played the portables. I remember seeing behind the scenes vid for GoW1 (or was it 2... ) where the devs said that Atlantis was in the plans at one stage and showed a very incomplete level.

Thanks for the correction.

Atlantis: Where Sony goes portable.
If you can try them. Ghost of Sparta is probably the best in the series and it nicely gets rid of the 'Kratos happy at the end of GoW1, Kratos pissed off at the start of GoW 2' paradox as GoS takes place in between.

Gskyace

A table of Doritos!
They must hate Geoff Keighley and his Mountain Dew with Doritos when in Halo 4 promotion.

And why 5 is still on PS3? Why? They want PS4 dead?
Still press start, at least press menu or share,even press any button sounds greater. :D

UC4 is coming, there is no doubt about that. The real question is if the game after that is a new IP or TLOU2.

After the great success of TLOU1 I would say TLOU2 is a no-brainer but then again the team that did it was indeed formed probably by people who wanted to do new things, who knows if the people there want to continue doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom