• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2&3 (two separate releases) coming out on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze

Unlike the Yakuza games, I can actually see the Valkyria games getting localized simply that the franchise is far more appealing to the western audiences.

That and I doubt the translation work is as nearly as much as the Yakuza games.

They already have the translation for VK1+VK2 done, don't see why they wouldn't bring these two games over personally. The only thing that isn't translated is VK3...

Ventara

two releases eh... well I'm okay with that, just means I won't have to re-buy 1

of course this means 1 will probably get localized and 2-3 definitely won't... -_-

OMG. What if this happens? Nobody buys 1 because they already have it, and 2/3 don't get localized. Damn, I can already feel the disappointment.

t26

They already have the translation for VK1+VK2 done, don't see why they wouldn't bring these two games over personally. The only thing that isn't translated is VK3...

Like I said they done the translation for Yakuza 1 and 2, but didn't bring the HD remake for PS3 or Wii U

Eusis

"visual upgrade" is concerning.
I think the biggest fear would be that it looks like the anime more than it did before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just code for "we'll put in higher quality assets and raise the resolution to 1080p."

7threst

Even though Sega is not releasing every game they do in the west, they did with VC1 & 2. Why do people feel Sega isn't interested in releasing this in the west? If anything, doesn't western PS4 sales kind of show the games have a better chance of succeeding here than they have in Japan?

Also, there is little RPG-competition on PS4 right now. I think the games can do very well over here and Sega probably knows that too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If sega doesn't want to bring it over sony should throw money at them to make it happen. This needs to make it over.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The fact this isn't rumored to also be on Vita makes this smell to me...

If sega doesn't want to bring it over sony should throw money at them to make it happen. This needs to make it over.

Man, Sony wouldn't throw money at the makers of fucking ROCK BAND, why would they throw money at this niche thing?

Dragun619

Ohh Shit!!, Wtf?!?, Where's that dude askin if Valkyria Chronicles is dead?

Man, I will buy and play the shit out of this. Sega, pls do the right thing and localize it.

Josh7289

I wouldn't be surprised if this means "same game, but now 1080p"

Good point. Given the rest of the wording in the Japanese BBS post, I now think this is probably what was meant.

VC1 is the same game in a high resolution, etc., which will look good since it was originally a PS3 game.

But as PSP games, VC2 and VC3 need full graphical remakes to look good on a TV.

Pooya

I'm looking everywhere and this looks like a big fake made up 2ch shit, raven777 they're mocking you on 2ch :p

raven777

Is this where the news is? http://sag.tank.jp/res/20140507/1399434429/861

Because a guy on Something Awful says no one in that thread believes it, it was deleted because no one believes it, and that link is an archive for deleted threads.

hmm...maybe mod can put rumor in the title or lock if until its confirmed...It shouldn't be long since most of famitsu stuff is getting leaked right now..
From what I knew it was relatively reliable guy who leaks in 2ch but I guess that doesn't guarantee anything.

DJIzana

Sega, whatever you do... do NOT pull a PSO2 with this one! LOCALIZE IT. That's the only thing I'm disappointed at you for!

Amir0x

Banned
I don't know why they'd do it separate, but if this is a foothold into some other potential release maybe even one percent possibility, I'm in.

Ah so that's what that meant.

I checked the 2ch link and chrome's Japanese to Engrish translation was a bit of a headscratcher.

But yeah, definitely suspect since the thread is clearly dead and almost all of the posts were by one guy.

When things sound too good to be true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom