• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor (with a side of salt): Shovel Knight coming to Smash Wii U/3DS?

Yeah I'm officially on team "there was supposed to be an announcement but it was delayed", whether it was going to be for Shovel Knight or not. I expect the maintenance to come and go with no patch, or at best some minor balance tweaks of glitch ironing outs. It there was going to be anything significant released today I am completely sure they would have announced it by now.

mStudios

Update 3: Bumped to the top. 4u2play’s listing is interesting, as it mentions co-op on Wii U and the ability to customize Shovel Knight.

Here’s the full translation (thanks Jake):

Coop Multiplayer (Wii U exclusive)
◾Enter a friends’ game and shovel together!
◾Special Coop-Moves support you on your journey together.

Full flexibility:
◾Enter the level where you destroy your enemies and find precious treasures
◾Earn never seen relicts, skills and powers.
◾Alter the appearance of your Shovel Knight with cool cosmetic details.

User your personal amiibo seamless on Wii U and 3DS.
◾The Shovel Knight amiibo will work with all Nintendo Products that Yacht Club Games will create in the near future.
◾Compatible with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Wii U.

Who the hell believes the bolded?

Edit: I thought that was going to be in Smash. My b.

I don't see them announcing and adding a new character around 10 PM EST. They could just add their data in but apparently they hate leaks happening so yeah :p

I don't see them announcing and adding a new character around 10 PM EST. They could just add their data in but apparently they hate leaks happening so yeah :p

They're so paranoid about leaks after Ryu that now they're giving absolutely no notice about the character until its actually on the store.

Richie

Whoever's in charge of NoA's Twitter feed has so much power over fans. All she or he has to do to drive the likes of us insane would be typing "We kept the secret well! Breathtaking news an hour from now! #SmashBros". Then delete it immediately afterwards.

...Man, the kind of thoughts that invade me when it's this late and I'm still in the office...

Neoxon

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit

New 3DS Classic just revealed in US too, there totally would have been a Direct today if there were still directs. I wonder what the other announcement is...????
I don't think Directs are gone forever, they're pretty much Nintendo's DNA at this point. I just think that they're reevaluating their strategy with said Directs following Iwata's passing.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiit

New 3DS Classic just revealed in US too, there totally would have been a Direct today if there were still directs. I wonder what the other announcement is...????

....now that you mention it, yeah N3DS for NA would of been perfect material for a Direct. And the announcement just popped up out of the blue. I guess there was a direct planned.....man I wonder if well ever get a Direct again. =(

I know its probably too soon but still......

Lol, I honestly want all that teasing to amount to nothing. Shovelling salt is more fun :p

There was no "all that teasing" to begin with. Yacht Club said they had a megaton, and they revealed it. It was the Shovel Knight amiibo. There was absolutely no further hinting/teasing outside of a rumor and a ton of speculation.

I don't think Directs are gone forever, they're pretty much Nintendo's DNA at this point. I just think that they're reevaluating their strategy with said Directs following Iwata's passing.

Oh I'm sure we will! They probably just don't want to host one with puppet Iwata or something horribly awkward/creepy so soon.

There was no "all that teasing" to begin with. Yacht Club said they had a megaton, and they revealed it. It was the Shovel Knight amiibo. There was absolutely no further hinting/teasing outside of a rumor and a ton of speculation.

What about the update and the DLC ads and the ballot thing?

SuperSah

Banned
With zero word, I'm gonna say there is nothing coming.

Surely they'd want to reveal a character properly they likely spent ages working on, no?

Neoxon

To be fair, we don't know if the rumor is real or fake, yet.

What about the update and the DLC ads and the ballot thing?

Those are speculated to have something to do with a possible stealth update. There has been no teasing. Nintendo has done nothing to allude to the fact that new Smash content will come out tonight, especially nothing as huge as a character.

This is a perfect example of SmashGAF just going off the rails over basically nothing. I mean, I love it, so don't ever change, but I just wanted to clarify that there was never a huge tease of any kind. There was a rumor, and then a ton of speculation.

Dr. Buni

Just a reminder that the maintenance/update speculation has nothing to do with the Shovel Knight rumor and it hardly affects its (lack of?) veracity.

Looks like it was just server maintenance.

tumblr_inline_ntxetfP0dz1s97tvs_500.gif

Yes SmashGAF, Uncle Jesse returns.

Are the servers back up? If so, we'll have to reconvene in November to see if the moves Ash got in that email match up with the real Shovel Knight moveset.

Top Bottom