• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

krang

I was really hoping Forza Horizon would go somewhere with plentiful snow. I know there is some around, but Australia isn't particularly known for it.

willbsn13

I was really hoping Forza Horizon would go somewhere with plentiful snow. I know there is some around, but Australia isn't particularly known for it.

Yeah I thought the same. Would make sense in the progression of the franchise.

However I think Aussie still has great potential as a location. I can imagine barreling across a large desert in a Rally Fighter (paris to dakar rally style) and then speeding down the gold coast in a P1 GTR. Would be awesome

Yeah I thought the same. Would make sense in the progression of the franchise.

However I think Aussie still has great potential as a location. I can imagine barreling across a large desert in a Rally Fighter (paris to dakar rally style) and then speeding down the gold coast in a P1 GTR. Would be awesome

Great Ocean Road... rally Tasmania... changing a flat on the Birdsville Track... traveling between towns to take four real time hours.
Bring it on.

Doffen

Agreed.

I really want them to try capture the festival vibe that was lacking FH2. I want the popularity level back, and the rivals as well as the underground street racing hubs.

I also hope Australia brings a bigger map with more diversity. FH2's map got stale pretty quick. (NZ expansion pls Playground?)

FH2 had way more environment diversity than FH1.

Compared to my opinion of it now that a year has passed? The backwards compatibility was shocking at the time.

Would it not be shocking if they announced it this year instead of last year?

Why on earth would MS care about DayZ? That time has passed for DayZ to make an impact. Also Dean has been working on Ion for the last two years, which was announced E3 2015 during the Xbox Press Conference.

If there is a zombie game, it is probably Class4 from Undead Labs.
I hoped that Undead Labs would be at e3 but they've confirmed on their forums that they won't be showing anything.

I hoped that Undead Labs would be at e3 but they've confirmed on their forums that they won't be showing anything.

They actually said on Twitter that they won't be there formally, but that doesn't mean there can't be an announcement or first look at something new from them. SoD2 and/or Class 4 is long overdue for unveiling, IMO.

Strootman

FH1 > FH2

jake.gif

Zeta Oni

So, so far MS's E3 could look like:

First Party

Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Dead Rising 4
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Cuphead

Third party

Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2 campaign demo

Read Dead Redemption remaster/sequel trailer

"Other" Announcements

Redstone update info (background music!!!)

Possible BC game dump

Hardware

Xbox slim
Maybe Xbox Scorpio
New controller design
And Xbox firestick

This sounds....reasonable.

shoreu

First Party

Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Dead Rising 4
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Cuphead

Third party

"Other" Announcements

Possible BC game dump

Hardware

Xbox slim
Maybe Xbox Scorpio
New controller design
And Xbox firestick

I'm thinking 3 or 4 surprises plus a reel for gamescon

ironcreed

Banned

Norway is the obvious choice for snow, beauty and amazing roads. Imagine racing around Atlantic Ocean road with the Northern Lights above you.

RPGamer92

Banned

First Party

Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Dead Rising 4
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Cuphead

Third party

"Other" Announcements

Possible BC game dump

Hardware

Xbox slim
Maybe Xbox Scorpio
New controller design
And Xbox firestick

Good lineup. Throw in Phantom Dust re-reveal, Alan Wake 2, and possible surprise (Mistwalker game believe!), and they've got a winning show.

It's not only the first parties, third parties are being as conservative with their IP's if not more. Think before Overwatch, what new third party IP this gen has been truly successful while being something different? Things like Destiny and Watch Dogs are simply combinations of other games (Halo, Borderlands and WoW and Assassin's Creed and GTA respectively) and didn't have good receptions when they launched (Watch Dogs still isn't remembered fondly).

Publishers only want to release games that they are certain will sell. Development costs have become too expensive this gen to take risks, especially given how long the cycles are. This is why having upgrades to the PS4 and Xbox One so soon worries me. Instead of developers figuring out technology and costs being driven down, allowing for more new IP's and overall risks to be done, developers have to learn new technology and costs will become even more expensive, leading to a continuation, if not expansion of the super conservative IP decisions of this gen.

Just look at Tomb Raider 2013. It needed 3-4 Million units to BREAK EVEN. How in the world did they ever expect a franchise like Tomb Raider, which had those numbers as a best case scenario over an entire gen, to sell more than that and generate a profit? And people think increasing the dev costs even further with premature hardware advancements is a good idea? It'll get worse than before and we'll see more developers close down because this method simply isn't sustainable, that's sadly why we're lacking in new IP this gen.

I don't think the amount of new IP is that bad actually. We've seen quite a bit of new IP this gen. It's just that unlike last gen, quite a few of those - including original games likes Wonderful 101 and Sunset Overdrive - just didn't reach much of an audience. Quantum Break is one of the more recent new IP that didn't do all that well.

The really succesful ones are the games that will get a sequel for sure (Watch_Dogs, Titanfall, Destiny) or are prime candidates for a sequel (Splatoon, The Division, Overwatch, Bloodborne). Life is Strange as well, maybe?

If we look at the (near) future there is quite a bit of new IP coming and I wouldn't classify those as very conservative games per se. Dreams, Horizon: Zero Dawn, ReCore, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Detroit: Become Human, WiLD, For Honor and The Last Guardian are just a few examples. Then there is VR, which will bring its own slew of new IP (RIGS for example) and the indies, some of which are succesful enough to have sequels out or in development.

I wonder how many new IP will be added this E3 though, as it seems to be mostly about more in-depth looks about games announced earlier (not a bad thing per se). There's Dead Don't Ride, which is likely to get a reveal. And in MS's camp, we'll probably finally get to see how ReCore and Sea of Thieves play.

On my personal wish list: a new IP from From Software, though I'll take a Bloodborne 2 as well.

jet1911

btw: DR4 is going to make fans of the series happy. :)
Confirmed to be at E3 as well.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Wonder if MS funded the game?

Just look at Tomb Raider 2013. It needed 3-4 Million units to BREAK EVEN.

Wasn't it because the game was in devellopement hell for the longuest time? I guess the sequel needed to sell a lot less to break even.

julrik

For what it's worth, I agree with him. I think the main reason for me liking it more, is because of the pronounced festival setting, which sadly disappeared in FH2, along with rivals. I liked the Colorado setting too.

I had my fun with FH2, but FH1 just clicked with me.

Each to their own!

krang

Norway is the obvious choice for snow, beauty and amazing roads. Imagine racing around Atlantic Ocean road with the Northern Lights above you.

Yeah they missed a trick with Scandinavia. Hot summers, too.

That would be second to Japan for me.

Would still rather have PGR5, though.

Ushay

Really hope MS has a core RPG in the works, would love to see a 2st party effort developed by Obsidian.

btw: DR4 is going to make fans of the series happy. :)
Confirmed to be at E3 as well.

Oh shiiiittt. Either a Dead Rising 4 that's more in line with the original, or playing as Frank again would be incredible. Hell, I'd be happy with DR on back compat or a DR remaster too. These 11 days until the conference are gonna draaaagggg.

Bsigg12

First Party

Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Dead Rising 4
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Cuphead

Third party

"Other" Announcements

Possible BC game dump

Hardware

Xbox slim
Maybe Xbox Scorpio
New controller design
And Xbox firestick

That sounds good to me, though with the fast ring preview opt in starting last night, I can see everything Anniversary Update related being announced next week.

blakep267

Really hope MS has a core RPG in the works, would love to see a 2st party effort developed by Obsidian.
I mean how core are you looking for. Scalebound is an action rpg and theoretically, if Sea of Thieves is like Destiny or Division, it would be a pseudo rpg ish type game

Ushay

I mean how core are you looking for. Scalebound is an action rpg and theoretically, if Sea of Thieves is like Destiny or Division, it would be a pseudo rpg ish type game

When I say I core, I mean Witcher/KOTOR/Fallout esque. But yeah, Scalebound is amazing and I cannot wait,

cluderi

FH3 in Aus could be fun with map packs. I want a Brissy one so I can hoon it down Riverside, through the CBD and across the Story Bridge down to Maccas..

Top Bottom