• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: 2K & R* San Diego working on a cross-over of 2 Games

Red Hood

Banned
Hmm... a Mafia styled noire game? That really, really doesn't sound bad... If anything, I'm very interested to see a demo at E3.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Project Agent is now open world cowboys vs aliens
AU5uaRT.png
believe

This seems mega-unlikely.

Rockstar would have to really believe in this idea to indulge in it and from the outside the idea seems really hard to comprehend from a logistical and reason-for-existing perspective.

Seems to me if Rockstar wanted to make a Mafia La Noire game they'd develop the ip in house.

Anything is possible, but this seems weird.

Zeshile

Single Player: LA Noire style(maybe create your character)

Multiplayer: Mafia based, kind of like GTA Online but larger. (Definitely create your character)

That's my theory. No idea who is the lead developer. Probably 2k though.

RCSI

This will be interesting if it is executed well. I'll reserve any judgment until more information is released.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Give me the departed: you play as two characters

A cop undercover in the mob working his way up
Someone part of the mob undercover as a cop

Play both sides however their identities and actual roles/jobs don't get revealed until the climax of the game, where you have to choose one character to play for the finale of the game

Part 2 give me a Mafia game involving the Nemesis System.

-Have a police man go undercover in the mob and work you way up the ranks in a family of you choosing.
-Play the role of the mobster, fight for your family, take territory for you family and work you way up the chain of command, and become a capo. Go in to gambling, drug running, book keeping and protection
-Also play the role of the undercover cop, destroy the mafia from the inside. Kill members of you own family and blame rival families, while working your way up. Spark heated debates in your own family and tear it apart. Have territory battles where you loose on purpose so higher up members get killed. Plant evidence on one of yournfamily members and tip the police to arrest them.
-Controversial decisions: As a mafia member but undercover cop tow the line between the family and the job. You will get close with your family but have to remember you are a cop. Ex shoot out with the police, do you let one of you close family members in the mafia who you built a connection with die in the shoot out, or do you potentially kill another officer (difficult decisions like this)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm calling this bullshit.. I took a look through the rest of his website. If this indeed turns out to be true.. guess we're getting Shenmue 3 as a Wii U exclusive as well.. lol.

http://www.upgaming.org/shenmue-back-rumors

Jesus. How did anyone believe anything after "massive online multiplayer", considering both games were exclusively single player? Not to mention Shenmue for Wii U.

This was done probably for 15 minutes of fame and we just gave it to the guy.

Who would actually gain anything from making a crossover game?

The average person isn't going to get any more excited for Mafia x LA Noire from the team that made Red Dead Redemption than they are for [insert any name here] from the team that made Red Dead Redemption.

The only way I see this happening is a Mafia 2 & LA Noire remaster double pack.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Is this the weird SEO site that posts fake gaming news? IIRC Jason from Kotaku talked about this once.

Rockstar has always been adamant about being a city-state within T2. I think there is some toothy language in their top brass contracts to make sure they don't have to interact with other sister divisions much.

Also, I'm 99.9% sure this is not true.

gdt

This seems out there. We all know Rockstar takes forever to finish games (San Diego especially) and pairing them with a non Rockstar studio seems like asking for trouble. Nothing to be gained really.

If 2K wanted Rockstar to take over Mafia don't see why this other studio would be involved at all.

No way. I really don't know about this. I do think it could be a Mafia and LA Noire TYPE game in which its Agent.

Still. Color me interested.

Lol, no way. There's no classy way in which those two IPs cross paths.

And given when we got reports of layoffs at the Mafia 3 developer studio less than a year ago, I can't imagine they've got anything to show this year that is based on the Mafia property.

salromano

I'm calling this bullshit.. I took a look through the rest of his website. If this indeed turns out to be true.. guess we're getting Shenmue 3 as a Wii U exclusive as well.. lol.

What’s up guys,

I was thinking of making this news last week (when I received this private information, I needed to receive more confirmation). Shenmue back ? Shenmue III will be a Wii U Exclusivity, a collector edition with a re-edition of Shenmue, with the Shenmue I and II available as well. A trailer of the Shenmue III for the Wii U will be showed during the Nintendo Direct at the same time as the E3 2015.

According to my private contact, Yū Suzuki, Sega and Nintendo have found a way to work together to make the game available for the Wii U. Sega is the developer, Nintendo the editor.

Apparently, the game have been under a working progress since 2012. The targeted platform was the Wii U and the Gamepad Wii U exploitation. With the Shenmue III you have the possibility to use most of the potential of the Gamepad Wii U.

When I have more information, I will let you know.

http://www.upgaming.org/shenmue-back-rumors

The initial rumor was absurd enough, but after this post from the same source (^^^), why are people still posting in this thread? :p

Bluecondor

Great ideas!

Day one.

This would be my most anticipated game in years...

Give me the departed: you play as two characters

A cop undercover in the mob working his way up
Someone part of the mob undercover as a cop

Play both sides however their identities and actual roles/jobs don't get revealed until the climax of the game, where you have to choose one character to play for the finale of the game

Part 2 give me a Mafia game involving the Nemesis System.

-Have a police man go undercover in the mob and work you way up the ranks in a family of you choosing.
-Play the role of the mobster, fight for your family, take territory for you family and work you way up the chain of command, and become a capo. Go in to gambling, drug running, book keeping and protection
-Also play the role of the undercover cop, destroy the mafia from the inside. Kill members of you own family and blame rival families, while working your way up. Spark heated debates in your own family and tear it apart. Have territory battles where you loose on purpose so higher up members get killed. Plant evidence on one of yournfamily members and tip the police to arrest them.
-Controversial decisions: As a mafia member but undercover cop tow the line between the family and the job. You will get close with your family but have to remember you are a cop. Ex shoot out with the police, do you let one of you close family members in the mafia who you built a connection with die in the shoot out, or do you potentially kill another officer (difficult decisions like this)

Top Bottom