• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Agent Trademark Renewed

AAMARMO

Banned
Mod:Can you remove Rumour
fTU3b1S.png

Source: GribbleGrunger - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205716139&postcount=3860

Guymelef

They are renewing trademark since forever it's not a rumor and could mean nothing, just like every past year.

5taquitos

Trademarks for old and dormant franchises and titles get renewed all the time, I don't think anything should be read into this. Just them protecting a trademark.

SRTtoZ

I'm guessing its easier for them to renew a trademark rather than not and have a ton of questions thrown at them for cancelling.

I can confirm that aGENT (it's last known internal name) has been shelved for YEARS now and hasn't been worked on by any Rockstar studio, they'd have had to have picked it up again within the past year and been working like crazy to be able to show or talk about it this E3 but with all the internal conflict going on and other projects that are much more of a priority, I doubt aGENT will be making a showing any time soon.

I worked with an outreach of their web team from 2007 - 2015, we had a few contacts within Rockstar and would share information, what we were allowed to pass on or spread amongst websites and fansites and such, I can verify if needs be. Either way I do think it's funny the way people bring up aGENT or other rockstar titles with the stories I heard from the other side.

These two quotes are from the Sony E3 Conference thread.

Take them as you will.

I'm not sure how these renewals work, but if Rockstar and Sony really have been working to revive Agent and debut it at E3, wouldn't it have made sense to renew the trademark sooner than June 1st?

kennyamr

hmmm It's interesting but do they really invest that much dev time into an exclusive?
I don't think they would do that, maybe as a multiplatform though.

Kerned

Banned
I'm not sure how these renewals work, but if Rockstar and Sony really have been working to revive Agent and debut it at E3, wouldn't it have made sense to renew the trademark sooner than June 1st?

They probably renew it whenever it is about to lapse. This news doesn't mean much of anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I sincerely doubt Agent is still a PlayStation exclusive. Tretton later switched gears and began saying that the matter of whether or not Sony still has exclusive rights to the game is a question better suited for R*, which means the ball is in R*'s court, which itself all but confirms a move to multiple platforms as a developer as large and well-funded as R* releasing a big-budget, third-party exclusive with zero incentive from the platform holder makes zero sense.

Top Bottom