• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: FFVII Remake not in full production yet, hints that it might be next-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
FF VII Remake: Part 1 will probably come out in late 2018/Early 2019. Part 2 probably wont be shown until 2020/2021 and I would imagine PlayStation and Microsoft will be starting up/releasing their new console and wouldn't be surprised if Part 1 is ported over to next gen consoles.

eliochip

FFXV came out. It was alright.
FXII remastered is coming out. That game is great.

I don't need to freak out over this so i'm not.

People were jumping the bandwagon too early thinking that FFVIIr would be released this year for the 20th anniversary. I mean, this is Nomura and Square Enix we're talking about.

Yeah... color me not surprised. As hyped as everyone was about Shenmue III and FFVII Remake, I kept trying to tell my friends that we'll be lucky if they're out before PS5. I'm still adamant about Death Stranding being a cross-gen title at the absolutely minimum as well.

AAMARMO

Banned
Some people might not agree to this but i would give FFVII remake to Hajime Tabata and a different producer if they want it this generation.

BaasRed

Banned
If true, this might be the first time I get angry about a delay. They've been teasing this game for too long and the last time we heard it would be episodic. Now it might not happen till next gen? Square I love you but please don't do this.

JayEH

that's not a rumor...

well looks like no one is reading the article as usual. very bad thread title.

Makes "the big 3" that Sony announced at E3 pretty funny now. #FreeShenmue3
Welp , I really expected it this year (part 1 anyway) but to wait another gen , that's just crazy

Charamiwa

Banned
That's not a rumor, that's someone interpreting what was said by Kitase.

Very misleading, hope people read the article before commenting.

Calm Mind

That is no rumor.

XS5LK.gif

wmlk

Rumour? This isn't saying anything.

The first episode will probably come out when next-gen consoles are being revealed. That's not a rumour.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Nice going OP, basing a thread on a weird interpretation given by the author of pointless article, with no actual source for any rumor.

Alienous

I'm not a FFVII fan, I haven't played it, but it doesn't seem worth doing. At best it faithfully recaptures the appeal of a classic, at worst it takes too long to develop and severely disappoints. I suppose the name FFVII alone could make some money either way.

ShowDog

Nomura is likely experimenting with how many belts to add to each costume on a per-scene basis, depending on who is in the party. Experimenting on a conceptual level, of course.

Even if it is speculation, good god, who in Square-Enix thought it would be a good idea to release this game in episodes? We are talking about Nomura & Co.

They already had a gameplay trailer more than a year ago though, one would hope that would indicate they are beyond target footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom