• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: inFAMOUS: SS and Child of Light as part of next month's PS+

tensuke

Those games are both great, so I don't want to complain.

That said...
I own and have played them both. :(
Goddamn the visuals in Second Son and the music in Child of Light though. Anyone that hasn't played them is in for a real treat.

They need to justify their price hike, so this would make sense (though I'd respect an instant game collection similar to the old Vita initiative more). I own both, but such is the lot of the enthusiast.

Print_Dog

As a big turn-based RPG fan I've always been passively interested in Child of Light. How does it measure up?
The battle mechanic is really interesting and has a bit of a learning curve. Bit once you get it, its a lot of fun. Only wish the game was longer or had a spiritual successor.

BigDug13

Never finished this one and yet couldn't put down the first two. Something about this one didn't sit right. I think the inability to chain combos of differing powers didn't help. You could build a character in those games instead of interchanging powers based on what source you siphon. Felt like that siphon mechanic diminished the game.

Looks gorgeous on my 4K TV though.

Feel like both have been around for years now and lots of people already have either owned or played both. Good for those who haven't, I guess...

El_Cinefilo

I can confirm it was. Checked earlier. But I'm in Europe though - u.s may not have got it.

Are you sure? I've had ps+ with only one brief lapse (years back when they were still giving ps1 classics) and I don't have any version of child of light on my uk account and I always purchase everything

Ajszenk

I need to get a 4k tv so I can treat my eyes to Infamous SS again.

Consensus on CoL is that it was pretty good right?

Ridley327

Second Son is pretty decent, but it's not a super meaty game. It's probably the easiest one to platinum if that's your thing.

bebop242

Owned and beat Infamous when it released. Sold it off thinking it would pop up on plus. Took longer than i thought but I look forward to running around in it.

DMVfan123

Banned
Why did they have the line
"You can't combine powers? Lame"
in inFamous: Second Son? If the main character is calling an omission in the game lame, you're doing something wrong.

I platinumed the game, but if Sucker Punch's next game is just more inFamous without that feature/multiplayer, they're going to have a hard time selling me on it

It seems that part of next month's PS+ lineup leaked on FB little bit early today as PlayStation promoted post.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/in...ight-free-with-ps-plus-september-2017-2777105

2777105.jpg

Still no Knack tho.

Second son is an incredible game.

Child of light is... :/

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not a great month for me (Already played SS forever ago, probably won't ever get around to Child of Light), but it's nice to see the retail trend seems to be here to stay.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Great games :) glad to see the games on PS+ are improving. Already played them though so another month I don't download anything.

Loved Infamous: Second Son. It's a bit lacking in content but it was likely rushed to make PS4's launch window. Very polished overall though. Main issue I had with the powers is (spoiler tagging for people who are only just about to play it)
concrete doesn't have much depth and video is just so much more mobile than the rest that I rarely switched from it

UrbanRats

Yeah she does and not only that, she is much faster than Delsin in Neon powers.
14983914038_dca046486b_o.gif

0p3gkz.gif

The First Light still has same problem as I:SS. there is just not enough interesting enemies to fight.

But at least it's much shorter (plus the challenge arenas are fun); SS dragged on sooo much by the end.

It doesn't help that i played FL before SS.

Could have sworn Child of Light was PS+ before, like even the PS3 version or something. I don't ever recall buying it but I know I own it somehow.

But it was a great game. Really enjoyed it. Second Son I own too so this month if this is true, is baaaad for me. But good if you've not got either game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It doesn't help that i played FL before SS.
Oh boy I can undrestand that. After playing First Light, I tried to replay Second Son and I couldn't do it. Delsin felt really clunky compare to Fetch.

Loved Infamous: Second Son. It's a bit lacking in content but it was likely rushed to make PS4's launch window. Very polished overall though. Main issue I had with the powers is (spoiler tagging for people who are only just about to play it)
concrete doesn't have much depth and video is just so much more mobile than the rest that I rarely switched from it

I would argue all Delsin's powers lack depth and becomes more obvious when u play First Light. like I said in my last post, Fetch might only have Neon power but that power is fully realized and fun to use which makes it better than all Delsin's powers combined.

tzare

Great for me if truth, always been tempted to buy SS since i already have the expansion from PSN+ too, so nice addition to my backlog.
Never tried Child of LIght, also got it on vita from PSN+ so will check if it is worth

fersnake

nice and all but, a little too late. infamous SS was the perfect AAA game first party for ps plus in 2015 or 2016, not mid/end 2017 and child of light its a really nice rpg that i enjoyed back in the day when they release it on jp plus a couple of years ago.

ps. im still waiting for Knack tho.

Top Bottom