• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: LA Noire remaster to feature VR support and first person mode

Shiggy

Adding a first person mode to that unique engine ?

Adding VR support means they need to add first person, but the game really isn't built for it.

So it sounds impossible to me. Besides the company that made the original has been abandoned and the face technology needs a licence.

So i'll believe it when I see it. If it comes out and I can play it on PS4 Pro without VR I'm double dipping for sure.

They already made a PC version without the original company.

Shin

Banned
Adding a first person mode to that unique engine ?

Adding VR support means they need to add first person, but the game really isn't built for it.

So it sounds impossible to me. Besides the company that made the original has been abandoned and the face technology needs a licence.

So i'll believe it when I see it. If it comes out and I can play it on PS4 Pro without VR I'm double dipping for sure.

Fair enough, though it being Rock* there's some credit to be had since they know how to make a game.
The bigger picture here is that if they find remastering this then there's a chance for a part 2.

xrnzaaas

First person mode was okay in GTA V, but if a remaster comes out I'll stick with the original camera. I would love for it to be real, because I haven't played any of the DLC cases.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

iMerc

i still don't get why they're remastering this.
out of their library of games to choose from, this was on the top of their lists of 'games to remaster?'
not complaining, just curious is all.

This is awesome if true. I feel the game didn't get the recognition it deserved when it first came out. Watching the Best Friends play through of it now but will absolutely get if this rumour is real.

dex3108

That is wrong choice for remaster. Bully or RDR should be Remastered before L.A. Noire.

P.S. I really liked L.A. Noire.

Heartfyre

I've been wanting to give this a replay recently, and VR would definitely be the carrot to make me actually do it.

Though I'd also hope a remaster is the lead-up to a sequel.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There is no way you could possibly play the entire game in VR.

The VR stuff would probably be its own separate mode and be limited.

I'm looking at video of the different gameplay modes and I don't see anything to support this view yet.

If anything I think this lends some credence to it. It always sounded absurd that they would port a six year old game to the Switch (other than Skyrim), but if they're actually doing a remaster it makes a whole lot more sense. Of course it could also just be a case of Rockstar prototyping a port which never ends up seeing the light of day.

Like everyone else it seems I never finished it despite playing halfway through it twice, but I could definitely see myself double dip.
The rumour was always that it was a remaster. Skyrim is also the remastered version.

Piichan

Banned
I finished this game for the first time earlier this month. This game doesn't really have a lot going for it besides the facial animations. Looking at dead bodies in VR might be cool I guess?

LordRaptor

I have the feeling VR is just going to make the "those aren't faces they're screens playing video" effect more pronounced

Bandit1

I really loved L.A. Noire, platinumed it even, but I have to say it sure seems like an odd choice for a remaster. Not entirely convinced with these rumors, but if true I'll be there day one.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I very much enjoyed LA Noire and would welcome the game to be remastered.

However, I have to admit that I am confused as to why they would remaster this game as opposed to the one game everyone wants:

Red Dead Redemption

_Rob_

If this somehow gets us the Whore of the Orient I'm all for it.

What an interesting premise!
235452323654.jpg

Marcel

I love LA Noire for Cole's overreactions and other timeless memes it provided but the game itself? It's trash and undeserving of a remake when RDR exists.

I very much enjoyed LA Noire and would welcome the game to be remastered.

However, I have to admit that I am confused as to why they would remaster this game as opposed to the one game everyone wants:

Red Dead Redemption

I remember hearing a rumor that the original code for RDR is a complete and utter mess, and there's basically no way they can salvage it for a remaster without basically redoing the entire game.

jmood88

I have no interest in VR, so I won't be using it if that part of the rumor is true, but I want an excuse to play through this game again.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I remember hearing a rumor that the original code for RDR is a complete and utter mess, and there's basically no way they can salvage it for a remaster without basically redoing the entire game.

I have heard that argument and will continue to call bullshit on it.

Taking the original code and making it compatible with PC, X1 and PS4 could be difficult, but there is no way they couldn't port the RDR assets to the current gen versions of the GTAV engine and do it that way.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
If so, this would make 2018 a huge year for the company with Red Dead Redemption 2 currently being expected to hit in Spring 2018.

Kind of think anything involving LA Noire won't in any way decide if this is a "huge year" for the company.

Taking the original code and making it compatible with PC, X1 and PS4 could be difficult, but there is no way they couldn't port the RDR assets to the current gen versions of the GTAV engine and do it that way.

That sounds like a lot of manpower and resources that could be directed toward this sequel and its DLC.

Marcel

Kind of think anything involving LA Noire won't in any way decide if this is a "huge year" for the company.

I don't think comicbook.com knows much about LA Noire's ignominious legacy...or much about games at all. The rumors are sourced to two "insiders" I've never heard of.

Lady Gaia

Ehh, there's Skyrim VR which I believe is the full game so it would be possible, albeit a lot less nicer looking.

I don't remember any car chases in Skyrim, but it has been a while. Driving in general sounds like a poor fit for VR, and there's a lot of it in this game. Interrogations and crime scene exploration sound perfect, on the other hand. While I'm skeptical about the whole rumor, I wonder if VR for this title wouldn't be best served by having a third-person camera when driving and fighting, and first person for the more immersive experience when looking for clues or talking to suspects.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yes I can't wait to see eerily animated faces on top of awkward robot bodies in first person.

Sure, they could do that but that essentially requires rewriting the entire game from scratch. Just having the assets is a very small part of game development.

It's certainly not impossible but based on that rumor I would say it would take far, far more work and money to remaster RDR than it would for basically any other game they have.

Top Bottom