• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: New GG IP To Include Female Protagonist And "Exotic" Creatures

J Range

Don't really care about gender of the character, if it's an interesting game I'll consider it. GG doesn't inspire confidence for me though. I'd almost expect a lifeless game with a way too serious story that looks amazing. Hopefully that's just kill zone and they have people chomping at the bit to be creative.

Melchiah

has some lush environments, robot dinos, other weird exotic creatures. Red headed female protagonist.

All of that sounds good to me. Can't wait for the reveal. Hopefully the story lives up to the premise, which they've failed to accomplish in Killzone series, now that they have the lead writer of Fallout: New Vegas in their ranks.

Don't really care about gender of the character, if it's an interesting game I'll consider it. GG doesn't inspire confidence for me though. I'd almost expect a lifeless game with a way too serious story that looks amazing. Hopefully that's just kill zone and they have people chomping at the bit to be creative.

Well they did hire the New Vegas writer so there's some hope for this game

yurinka

Heavenly Sword vs Dinobots? I'm in!

Regarding female leads and people being offended: a coworker who is a female coder was 'offended' by the last Tomb Raider.

The reason was that new Lara was 'too weak' and that it was like if you had to take care of her. She prefers strong female characters and never had a problem with huge boobs, in the same way she never cared about steroids bags with legs as space marines.

For her is ok both Dragon's Crown and The Last of Us approach, and played Skyrim for like 100 hours.

And considering that like have of the players are females... I think we over-react with this stuff of offending people, I'd say most players don't care about artistic decisions of the devs.

Well they did hire the New Vegas writer so there's some hope for this game

Ahhh then they did see the weaknesses in their game. Kudos to GG for manning up and doing something about it. Thank god. New Vegas was actually pretty decent and only that crazy engine jank made it all weird.

I am now more interested in this than ever.

Liking everything in the OP. Robot-dinosaurs, lush exotic environments, female lead + RPG, just so much potential based on those details.

However I really hope this is 3rd person. Not a huge fan of 1st person RPGs (Although Deus Ex was pretty cool) and it always feels like the ones that offer a choice between the two end up with terrible looking animations during 3rd person mode.

So yeah - 3rd person with great animations and I'm sold.

Ravage

Redhead?
Dinos?
Lush environments?
4qVY7FQl.jpg

give it to me!

This was literally the first thing that came into my head. Love that game so much back then.

Gammacide

REALLY need to see some footage of this because I think GG doing an open-world RPG is an excellent idea, no matter what the lead character or setting.

Squalor

I don't understand why people want a reboot of old, practically dead franchises.

Bring on that complete newness, GG.

I'm impatiently waiting.

Squalor

Isn't it fun how games wishlist always have 2/3 behind each title?
When I consider the number of people who complain about sequels and the number of people who beg for reboots and sequels, I swear there has to be crossover with some of the same people bemoaning the number of sequels while also hoping for the latter.

Grewitch

So...can you tame a robodino and ride it into battle? And customize it, like a mech? Or make your own robodino? That would be cool.

The possibilities...I'll keep dreaming till reality hits.

Also some of the comments regarding playing as a female are rather enlightening. I don't personally agree with the opinion that there's any negative attachment to playing as a female. It's similar to reading a book with a female protagonist, if the story and characterization is good, it rarely matters.

Equally, the comments sexualizing the character because she happens to be female is equally inappropriate, in my opinion. For example, in GOW threads, do these same people comment about hoping Kratos' package is on the large size etc etc?

I just hope this game turns out to be good and provides some new mechanics that we haven't seen before, interesting lore and something more to do besides the usual stuff. I'm hoping it's compelling.

iamjohn

I'm a little worried about this game mainly because I thought Shadow Fall's campaign was absolute trash. How have GG's other games been?

Psoelberg

I like that we have something specific on the protagonist - that should indicate that they're focusing on a rpg singleplayer experience

Wolff

Considering the year that is importante to the brand, that the new console is here and that they are just ridingin success they should just throw these bombs out there to make it even bigger. I'll be pretty disappointed if Sony just thinks they'll be ok with showing nothing from the tons of games they're making.

Anyway, everything about this game sounds interesting. Definately keeping an eye on it.

Female protagonist? Nice and it's good to see GG trying to diversify a little. The industry could use that. Robot Dinos??????? That might be cool actually. That also probably indicates that this won't be a medieval RPG which gets me even more excited about this new IP. Can't wait to see it.

jaosobno

Everything sounds fine, except robot-dinosaurs. I generally don't find dinosaurs appealing in video games and that just sounds crappy to me.

But, this being Guerilla Games, I'm sure they'll deliver. KZ:SF was by far, the best KZ in the series and one of the most amazing looking games ever. I can't even begin to imagine what they could do with a game that is developed on final hardware, considering that they managed to pull of KZ:SF graphics with target hardware which was reportedly weaker than final devkits (if I remember the rumors correctly).

stonesak

Okay, if you really insist
I think this will bomb. A lot of people have no interest in playing as a ginger. I'll buy it though (assuming it is good) because it doesn't bother me, but I think GG screwed up by making CJ the female character black a ginger.

Top Bottom