• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Polygon - Microsoft is looking to purchase EA, Valve or PUBG

What should MS do with its 90 billion dollars in cash?

• Buy EA, remaster every EA game ever and make it available on Gamepass and Crossbuy on PC

Votes: 87 28.9%
  • Buy Valve, fold Xbox Live into Steam and fund DOTA3, HLife 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, Left4Dead 3

Votes: 96 31.9%
  • Buy PUBG and other small studios to include in Gamepass

Votes: 58 19.3%
  • Make a Xbox with a 3nm Zen 3+ CPU, 24GBs of HBM3, a 2.4TB SSHD and 24 TFs of GPU Horsepower

Votes: 55 18.3%
  • Make an OASIS (akin to Ready Player One) with a 8k wireless VR headset with 120fps and 180 fov.

Votes: 31 10.3%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 77 25.6%
  • Make a Xboy or Steamboy that lets you play your entire xbox library and steam library on the go

Votes: 18 6.0%
  • Partner with Valve, EA, Oculus, Blizzard and Ubi to offer a unified library with every game you own.

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Codes 208

Wow, the ability to play out old games on new hardware was a mic-drop moment?
Its almost as if i have double the library of games on my xbox because of that ability, which both the switch and ps4 lack.

Plus last april, black ops 2 on 360 got back on the top ten npd (outselling even IW and BLOPS3 that month) last year because it was added to BC, so there is an audience with "playing out old games on new hardware"

Geki-D

Banned
Honestly, I barely have time to play new games coming out with all of the other stuff I have to do. I have utterly no interest in replaying old games bar a very few classics when they're actually upgraded in a HD remake which brings them to my attention. When I get a new system, I sell my old one and all of the games for that reason; it's time to move on.

...And finance my new purchase.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Honestly, I barely have time to play new games coming out with all of the other stuff I have to do. I have utterly no interest in replaying old games bar a very few classics when they're actually upgraded in a HD remake which brings them to my attention. When I get a new system, I sell my old one and all of the games for that reason; it's time to move on.

...And finance my new purchase.

you do realise that Microsoft are actually upgrading some of these games with backwards compatibility? check out gears3 comparisons to see the difference and its free if you own the game. I can honestly see next gen being backwards compatible with this gen from day 1

ReBurn

Gold Member
Those aren't very often lol, and they closed after many games were release, and usually after a financial loss, like Evolution Studios online mistake with Driveclub (BigBig Studios).

As opposed to Microsoft who shut down Lionhead, Press Play, got rid of Twisted Pixel, and cancelled Scalebound pretty much in two years. Long ago, they shut down Digital Anvil (lol Chris Roberts studio) in 2006, FASA in 2007, Ensemble and Aces Games (Microsoft Flight Sim) both in 2009.

Where Sony is reactionary to closing a studio because of performance, Microsoft closes them before they even have a chance. Why the heck was Lionhead shutdown even before Fable Legends was released?

A free to play game with constant development problems that cost $75 million to develop up to the point it was canceled is why Lionhead was closed before the game released. The math isn't hard. The project failed and Microsoft reacted by stopping it. There was no way it was going to be profitable. Besides, as a free to play game it was going to be a mess of microtransactions. I thought microtransactions were bad.

Your point that Sony is reactionary so it's ok when they do It is weird. Every closure is a reaction to something, and Lionhead was no different. Unless you think that Microsoft waS just being a big meanie out of spite.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I still don't think this will happen, but I would be happy if they bought EA or Valve and focused on making good sequels/continuations/reboots of long dormant franchises (such as Half Life, Command & Conquer, etc).

Top Bottom