• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: WIP intro for Pre-E3 Show appears on Vimeo. Teases some stuff.

Shaanyboi

Banned
...huh

I don't see why the first parties would get involved in this. Wouldn't they want a bigger splash for their actual shows?

Probably shouldn't have put this up as being for E3. For all I know this could be for this year's Game Awards.

I just saw the "Los Angeles" which could also be a placeholder and assumed it was for E3.

The tutorial is about how close the deadline was and they didnt have much time to do it, if it was for VGA, they wouldnt be in such a hurry. So pretty sure it's for E3. And people still thinking all of it is placeholders need to see more of the vid. The vid he shows is pretty much the finished version

Jintor

As I said in the other thread, Will Wright will be a big surprise -- I got the impression he's out of games for the moment.

The tutorial is about how close the deadline was and they didnt have much time to do it, if it was for VGA, they wouldnt be in such a hurry. So pretty sure it's for E3. And people still thinking all of it is placeholders need to see more of the vid. The vid he shows is pretty much the finished version

Also they said they heard about it in the last few months of last year, so I can't imagine it would be The Game Awards 2015.

Anyone considered that Infinity Ward could move into a new IP *shock!* now that there's two other teams making cod games?

ash_ag

The last public appearance of Satoshi Tajiri was around 2010 on some game awards / lifetime achievement event, can't remember for sure. He's not much of a public figure, and is very often confused with Masuda and Ishihara, especially for people not familiar with the franchise. Very sceptical.

Yeah, I call fake unless they're revealing the latest map pack.
EDIT: IW did Ghosts though so that game has been done for a while. Very very fake.
If you were going for an authentic looking leak would you include something like that though? It is probably fake, but not necessarily.

Do gametrailers or whoever Geoff works with call things ' world premieres ' when they're shown on their E3 coverage, or was that strictly a vga/vgx/tga thing?

Edit: lmgtfm, yes they do.

DieH@rd

Banned
World Premier from Naughty Dog?

Last of Us 2?

tumblr_m8itj4ULrM1qa5etko1_500.gif

World Premiere could mean anything. It could be a unveiling of a single screensnot/boxart/collector's edition/trailer/announcement of U4 MP beta/announcement of Uncharted trilogy remaster.

I'm hoping for that last one.

Is the "world premiere from Nintendo"-stuff placeholder too?

If not, then i wonder what this is. Splatoon is already released then, Xenoblade X had multiple coverage, including the english Direct. Zelda is a no-show.

So, does this imply a game? Maybe a new one then ... or could that also mean coverage from the World Championship that Nintendo is hosting? Although they cover that by their own means.

Sendou

If not, then i wonder what this is. Splatoon is already released then, Xenoblade X had multiple coverage, including the english Direct. Zelda is a no-show.

So, does this imply a game? Maybe a new one then ... or could that also mean coverage from the World Championship that Nintendo is hosting? Although they cover that by their own means.

Last year Devil's Third Wii U exclusivity was announced on IGN. So maybe something in line with that?

If the Satoshi Tajiri credit is legit, then Pokémon's a decent bet. The franchise is having its 20th anniversary in February.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Community game confirmed.

Stick of Truth sequel confirmed.

But I'm seriously excited that Nintendo's actually gonna BE at E3 this year. I hope they bring the goods.

Edit: I mean as in having a conference, I know they've had booths. Which reminds me, I hope they have a Treehouse stream this year, those Treehouse people were an enjoyable bunch and tuning in to their stream was great :)

I get the feeling that most of these placeholders were the result of several "Who created X game series" google searches and aren't really indicative of anything at all.

Community game confirmed.

Stick of Truth sequel confirmed.

But I'm seriously excited that Nintendo's actually gonna BE at E3 this year. I hope they bring the goods.

Edit: I mean as in having a conference, I know they've had booths. Which reminds me, I hope they have a Treehouse stream this year, those Treehouse people were an enjoyable bunch and tuning in to their stream was great :)
Nintendo are basically doing what they did last year, Digital Event and all. They even had an exclusive reveal for IGN last year- not much has changed.

Pokemon? Hmmm, those games are usually revealed during a JP Direct, or am i wrong? Maybe Pokken? That game didn't have any western covering yet.
Although i wouldn't mind a new one. Or a new Stadium-type game.

South Park? Darn, missed that completely! Give me a sequel/new game, i loved Stick of Truth, so awesome.
I hope they keep that "fantasy"-setting for a possible sequel, "South Park: The B-bb-b-baaahr-bb-b-ba-bar-b-bbb-b-bards Tale" :)
Stick of Truth did well enough, right?

FelipeMGM

Pokemon? Hmmm, those games are usually revealed during a JP Direct, or am i wrong? Maybe Pokken? That game didn't have any western covering yet.

South Park? Darn, missed that completely! Give me a sequel/new game, i loved Stick of Truth, so awesome.
I hope they keep that "fantasy"-setting for a possible sequel, "South Park: The B-bb-b-baaahr-bb-b-ba-bar-b-bbb-b-bards Tale" :)

Ubisoft said last week that the game did better than they expected. Sold like 1.6 million copies.

Hatchtag

Banned

If they're true, that the Pokemon and Southpark guys will be there, bring on a Chinpokomon game collaboration!

That being said, if it is true, guessing Battle Frontier DLC for Pokemon OR/AS, and either another South Park game or more preferably a new IP by Matt Stone and Trey Parker. Given how god damn great their output outside of the show can be (The Book of Mormon, Orgazmo), I would love to see what they could do with a new franchise.

Top Bottom