• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts is 720p, PS4 version is 1080p?

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Call of Duty culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in BF4 where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Call of Duty, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the COD public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ghosts for the xbone, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

MS, publicly apologize and cancel 720p Ghosts for xbone or you can kiss your business goodbye.
I never get tired of this meme.

"According to gaming cesspool NeoGAF, it’s looking like the Xbox One edition of Call of Duty: Ghosts will run at only 720p while the PlayStation 4 version runs at the full HD resolution of 1080p."

We are famous :-D

makes this place sound like the TMZ of gaming

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
This stuff is getting so tiresome. If you add up what the internet thinks "casuals" and "the average consumer" don't care about, you end up with a group of people who don't care about graphics, don't care about interfaces, don't care about framerate, don't care about paywalls, don't read internet forums, don't read gaming magazines, don't research $500 purchases, and don't talk to their friends. I'm led to believe that there's millions of non-sapient grey blobs wiggling around and accidentally dropping money at Gamestop who somehow make up the majority of gamers.
I've long noted that the "average consumer" always seems to be conveniently just ignorant/apathetic enough for the argument at hand :)

giantsx6

Banned
Ryse is a game made in the same vein as God of War Linear corridor game. It is doing nothing special. It should not be mentioned in the same breath of games like Battle Field 4 or Killzone Shadow Fall, both of which are doing more at a higher fidelity with large battle fields.
How is that different from cod? Cod looks like crap but runs worse, explain that please.

I can't believe how fast this thread is moving. We really need to have some confirmation on what is actually happening here and not just teasing us

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If this is true, Sony should put it in the marketing. A much better value proposition than "includes 5 extra challenge maps!"

Just watched a video of the game and really is the difference going to matter that much? It looked pretty much the exact same to me as the older ones.... This really won't have any affect on my purchase plans since I skip these nowadays anyway.

DoomGyver

Wow if true. That's huge.

JmP3SNK.gif

Proelite said in the other thread he is more concerned about the unstable and buggy OS/match making a month out from launch than he is 720p COD.

WAT? but all that talk about dedicated servers for all games, cloud power and how the new XB1 live >>>> 360 live >>> PSN ... I can't believe this

So you guys think this thread about BF 4 resolution, the reason they are mum might be related to what is rumored for COD in this thread?

DICE still mum on BF4's next-gen resolution; "evaluate best quality/perf. tradeoff

Unstable

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Call of Duty culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in BF4 where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Call of Duty, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the COD public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Ghosts for the xbone, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

MS, publicly apologize and cancel 720p Ghosts for xbone or you can kiss your business goodbye.
20p
/10
80p

I love this post. The memories.

I've long noted that the "average consumer" always seems to be conveniently just ignorant/apathetic enough for the argument at hand :)

Facts: the average consumer bought Call of Duty on the cheapest console that also happened to host the technically superior versions of the game.

I'm sure it had more to do with the price than the technical differences, but them average consumers sure tended to buy the technically better versions of games last gen, no?

Either way, seems like the PS4 will be favored over the Xbone version (and we all know the 360 one is still going to sell the best).

Raist

Banned
IF this is true, then:

Unreasonable thnigs to think of:
- IW sucks
- Xbone not good enough for something like CoD at 180p60

Reasonable things to think of:
- PS4 is a lot easier to develop for
- MS is rushing this console out of the door like there's no tomorrow.

nictron

Uhm its a joke
Your a junior so I understand you may not realize, but its a joke based on a post someone else made a long time ago.

It's a good joke and it's new to me. It sounds like something out of The Chrysanthemum and the Sword.

You realise how little this stuff registers with casual gamers right?

It's so bizarre. I'm not getting either console (and never plan to) yet I feel the need to defend Xbone simply for how out of proportion and one sided the reactions in this thread are. You'd think Sony had already won next gen.
If you read every post like me you might see a lot of XBox fans like myself upset by this possibility. I'm an adult who pays for his own stuff like a $2,000 1080p projector. I'm pretty upset that I may continue to run a majority of my games at 720p for the next 5-10 years. This is BS. I'm not saying all PS4 games will be 1080p but this rumor has me worried XB1 will have them MUCH less. Sad.

I'm still waiting for someone at Infinity Ward to confirm this. I still think this rumor is BS. Maybe the statements regarding the OS/match making thing are somewhat valid... but even that needs confirmation.

Is anyone tweeting IW people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom