• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

dem

Is Russia so incompetent?
How do they not control the skies?

Great to see... but christ... the ukes appear to be running around unimpeded.

Time for Russia to do what it does best... lose and make excuses.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
FcQNvxBXEAIxG0u

akimbo009

Gold Member

Ain't a bad idea. Russia is getting pounded.... It can't be overstated.

As a side bar, the US technology here looks so dominate, and so separate of the restrainted use on other theaters, it's obvious anyone aligned with Russia and China from an equipment perspective are seriously realizing they are holding onto false hopes. In a weird way, Russia has created the new American century inspite of the US's incompetence on a global strategic level... If Russia isn't a counter balance and the EU dreams that Germany and France projected as a bipolar world (cause they they ain't) and it truly is a just the US so far ahead... Welp, yeah. It's a strange new world.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Ukrainian forces have surrounded Russian forces in Izyum in Kharkiv Oblast, with Russian forces in nearby Lyman and Svyatohirsk deciding to retreat than reinforce Izyum.

Independent defense losses tracker Oryx has reported that Russian forces left so many of their equipment in Kharkiv Oblast as they retreat back after a counteroffensive by Ukrainian forces in the region.

#MaxDefense #MaxDefensePH #RussianArmy #UkrainianArmy #RussianInvasionOfUkraine

Ironbunny

I've seen a lot of close-up comparisons today, and unfortunately, it appears it's not the same guy. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Yup, same. The hat image make of him look the same person but there a few were he is in a meating and fotographed from other side. Those look off.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
God I hope it's true that the front is starting to collapse, if the Ukrainians can punch through the front the "soldiers" at the rear will simply run or surrender, no way they'll fight, they'll be made up of conscripts, lightly injured and other useless Russians with no fighting experience dressed like WW2 larpers up against a fierce UA kitted out in the best NATO has to offer.

I'll wait for more official channels to report but the very fact that those cunts on Russian TV are starting to change the narrative and look worried means shit is definitely hitting the fan

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
They are nothing but cowards and all captured Artie cunts need to be tried for warcrimes, hopefully they punish them hard whilst they're retreating and pound them as they cross back over the border.

These bastards need to suffer an utterly humiliating defeat, they need to lose everything, the entire Doneskt and Lunhansk regions, Crimea and take out that fucking bridge.

Once out and the borders secured, Ukraine should be fast tracked straight into the EU and NATO to safeguard them as they rebuild, maybe then Russians will take an inward look at themselves and see how completely broken and out of touch they are whilst they wallow in that shit show of a country with no economic prospects, maybe then the masses will call for change and pull a fucking gadaffi on Putin and the rest of the Oligarchy

sinnergy

Loving these updates. Hopefully it's still just the tip of the spear.
I don’t think this is the tip of the spear, I think this is Ukraine their full capacity, but if the keep going and can hold in winter, they can reclaim much more in 2023.

It’s not for nothing that USA is resupply as fast as possible, I think it’s even going better than all intelligence thought . They underestimated Ukraine and overestimated Russia (which looks like a shitty 1940s army )

Last edited:

Kerotan

I don’t think this is the tip of the spear, I think this is Ukraine their full capacity, but if the keep going and can hold in winter, they can reclaim much more in 2023.

It’s not for nothing that USA is resupply as fast as possible, I think it’s even going better than all intelligence thought . They underestimated Ukraine and overestimated Russia (which looks like a shitty 1940s army )
I just wonder will we see more gains made by Ukraine over September, October, November before the winter set's in. Maybe a push for Melitopol.

Although now that the lines are broken maybe pushing East From Izyum would give the most gains with the least losses. Towards Luhansk and maybe take back severdonetsk etc.

Forsete

So what happened to all those orcs that were in Izyum?

I read earlier (not sure where, I read a lot :p ) that there were something like 10K there?

Last edited:

sinnergy

I just wonder will we see more gains made by Ukraine over September, October, November before the winter set's in. Maybe a push for Melitopol.

Although now that the lines are broken maybe pushing East From Izyum would give the most gains with the least losses. Towards Luhansk and maybe take back severdonetsk etc.
That would be the best case , but also taking back Crimera and taking out the bridge between Russia would be a big blow to the Russian army , because resupply of military would become even more difficult.

Kenpachii

They are nothing but cowards and all captured Artie cunts need to be tried for warcrimes, hopefully they punish them hard whilst they're retreating and pound them as they cross back over the border.

These bastards need to suffer an utterly humiliating defeat, they need to lose everything, the entire Doneskt and Lunhansk regions, Crimea and take out that fucking bridge.

Once out and the borders secured, Ukraine should be fast tracked straight into the EU and NATO to safeguard them as they rebuild, maybe then Russians will take an inward look at themselves and see how completely broken and out of touch they are whilst they wallow in that shit show of a country with no economic prospects, maybe then the masses will call for change and pull a fucking gadaffi on Putin and the rest of the Oligarchy

Why stop there, invade russia while they are busy. Take land from them as punishment and payment for the damages.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yeah I think they've got enough heavy weaponry, tanks and all the logistics in place to keep this up
Why stop there, invade russia while they are busy. Take land from them as punishment and payment for the damages.
They won't get the support for that and the Ukrainians have no desire either, Ukraine has history on their side, this is as clear cut good Vs evil as you can get and even through this war the Ukrainians have shown themselves to be the better more civilized country, simply winning and ridding their land of Russians will be enough, no need to invade, revenge will come through the courts and public opinion, not to mention the legal claim to all that frozen Russian assets sitting in our banks and institutions

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
That would be the best case , but also taking back Crimera and taking out the bridge between Russia would be a big blow to the Russian army , because resupply of military would become even more difficult.
Tbh I can't see the Russians giving up Crimea that easily, if they manage to take the entire south they can easily take out the bridge and simply walk all over them but would the Kremlin be willing to allow that? Would they simply give up? Tbh those fuckers would probably nuke it rather than hand it over

Liljagare

Gold Member
Ukraine troops raise flag over railway hub as advance threatens to turn into rout
Ukrainian officials shared photos on Saturday showing troops raising the nation's flag over the main railway city that has supplied Russian forces in northeastern Ukraine, as a collapse in Russia's frontline threatened to turn into a rout.
A Reuters journalist inside a vast area recaptured in recent days by the advancing Ukrainian forces saw Ukrainian police patrolling towns and boxes of ammunition lying in heaps at positions abandoned by fleeing Russian soldiers.
With Ukrainians now having reached the city of Kupiansk, where rail lines linking Russia to eastern Ukraine converge, the advance had penetrated all the way to Moscow's main logistics route, potentially trapping thousands of Russian troops.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-advance-threatens-turn-into-rout-2022-09-10/

sinnergy

Tbh I can't see the Russians giving up Crimea that easily, if they manage to take the entire south they can easily take out the bridge and simply walk all over them but would the Kremlin be willing to allow that? Would they simply give up? Tbh those fuckers would probably nuke it rather than hand it over
Maybe their military is depleted.. they also where to sure of their victory.

Tams

Hopefully if it comes to actually using nuclear weapons, that the few cooler heads in Russia prevail and Gaddafi Putler.

Tie him to the back of the one of those T14 Armatas.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Incredible how quickly this seems to be happening. No doubt the best Western strategists have been doing a lot of scenario planning with Ukraine.

Russia, on the contrary, seems again to lack a viable contingency plan. But seeing how quick things are moving, they will have to very soon

1 - Abandon Ukraine announcing that the Special Military Operation was a huge success and their brothers are now denazified

2 - Drop a tactical nuke to decimate Ukraine’s offensive troops

3 - Do nothing and face an increasingly visible public humiliation.

I can only see them going with #1 to be honest.

MadAnon

Looks like this offensive is spearheaded by some secretly formed and well equipped units. Seems like most of the western equipment isn't rushed towards frontlines but new units are formed and armed with this equipment. Operation seems to be very well coordinated and swift. You can see infantry rushing on armored vehicles with AA, artilery quickly fallowing and establishing positions to cover/assist ground troops. Wondering if there are more such surprise offensives to come in some other direction from other such units?

Top Bottom