• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian and Syrian authorities set up center for refugees returning to Syria

Perhaps we shall see The EU discuss this with Russia/Syria in the near future to remove Syrian Refugees from their countries.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...efugees-returning-to-syria-idUSKBN1K81Z2?il=0

MOSCOW/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Russia’s Defence Ministry said on Wednesday that Russian and Syrian authorities had set up a refugee center in Syria to help refugees return home from abroad.

The ministry said in a statement that the Centre for the Reception, Allocation and Accommodation of Refugees will “monitor the return of all temporarily-displaced people and Syrian refugees from foreign countries to their places of permanent residence”.

Syria’s war has killed an estimated half a million people, driven some 5.6 million people out of the country and displaced around 6.6 million within it.

As the Syrian army, backed by Iran and Russia, has recovered territory, the map of the conflict has been decisively redrawn in President Bashar al-Assad’s favor and violence has died down in some areas.

These developments have led countries such as neighboring Lebanon, where around a quarter of people are refugees, increasingly to talk about refugees returning to Syria.

Russia’s defense ministry said in a separate statement that 336,500 places around the country have been prepared to receive returning refugees.

The ministry also said local committees have been set up around Syria to assess infrastructure and the needs of returnees, and buses have been allocated within local private transport companies to transport refugees.

Saturnman

Banned
ackbar_wide-f0a673c876wfba.jpg

I don't think it is a trap, but I am Assad would have a much tighter grip on the country now if another Arab Springs movement or protests happens.

cryptoadam

Banned
So what is EU/US etc going to do? Kick out all these refugees? As if anyone would allow this to happen, for Western nations to en masse deport people.

And which refugees are going to want to go to a war torn country being ruled by a crazy dictator that used chemical weapons on his own people?

If anything this actually seems to serve the Arab countries interest. They are the only countries that can actually deport all their Syrians (and probably anyone else they consider Syrian) without worrying about human rights or the UN or whatever.

If Assad and Russia are taking this step then I think its fair at this point for countries to close their doors on Syrian refugees. A giant welcome back sign has just been placed over Syria.

Gander

Banned
The fact that Russia is involved worries me. Let's cut to the chase they are there for the oil. Whatever they are doing it's to get access to the oil.

I wish the US could just takeover Syria it would solve so many problems.

cryptoadam

Banned
The fact that Russia is involved worries me. Let's cut to the chase they are there for the oil. Whatever they are doing it's to get access to the oil.

I have no love for Assad, but US in Syria would just lead to another Iraq and quaqmire for the American people.

Trust me US would be brandished an occupier and be suffering terrorist attacks daily, and this would also be used as an excuse for international terrorism and terrorism against US allied states in the area.

Trump actually was right on this by staying out of Syria. Pulling the plug on the Iran deal has put a cash crunch on Iran which will hopefully lead to a reduced role that they can play in Syria (and Lebanon).

Let Russia deal with it. The only thing that is unfair to me is that Russia (and Iran) did not take any Syrian refugees yet they were the ones supporting and keeping Assad around so 5 Million people could flee the country.

So what is EU/US etc going to do? Kick out all these refugees? As if anyone would allow this to happen, for Western nations to en masse deport people.

And which refugees are going to want to go to a war torn country being ruled by a crazy dictator that used chemical weapons on his own people?

If anything this actually seems to serve the Arab countries interest. They are the only countries that can actually deport all their Syrians (and probably anyone else they consider Syrian) without worrying about human rights or the UN or whatever.

If Assad and Russia are taking this step then I think its fair at this point for countries to close their doors on Syrian refugees. A giant welcome back sign has just been placed over Syria.

European Countries like Austria, Italy, and Hungary would most likely be pleading to the EU to talk to Russia to remove the Syrian Refugees. Germany's AFD party would be demanding Merkel to talk to Putin. Though I am only making assumptions.

cryptoadam

Banned
European Countries like Austria, Italy, and Hungary would most likely be pleading to the EU to talk to Russia to remove the Syrian Refugees. Germany's AFD party would be demanding Merkel to talk to Putin. Though I am only making assumptions.

And do you think "humanitarians" would allow an EU country to forcefully deport someone? Look at the outrage that is caused by not accepting a single ship that its a giant crisis.

The minute an EU country tries to send back some Syrians it will be all over the media how its Holocaust V2.

I am sure EU countries will want to send as many "refugees" back. The problem will be the outcry and all of a sudden all those "Syrian" refugees will become Iraqi and North African and whatever.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Can you take a wild guess as to what America's motivations are?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

What...the...fuck?

Gander

Banned
Well I'll answer your questions like this. Putting the oil aside, if we owned Syria it would put a U.S. owned and funded commonwealth right next to our allies in the middle east. Israel, Jordan and Turkey could all sleep better. It would also put us right next to Iraq which we need to keep an eye on anyway. Did I also mention Syria is one of the most beautiful parts of the middle east. Having it's people just run away from the only home they have ever known because the country is so dangerous and war torn is a shame.

Last edited:

bucyou

ah, to be so naive as to think we can just takeover and own other countries like its nothing, then "oil aside", we can fund a commonwealth!

kooky.

Gander

Banned
ah, to be so naive as to think we can just takeover and own other countries like its nothing, then "oil aside", we can fund a commonwealth!

kooky.

Put it this way, we are there already and nobody is benefiting. We take it over and it becomes a center piece to a more settled down middle east

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

kooky.
He had to be trolling. No one is that clueless and sheltered, surely?

Top Bottom