• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

Reading this thread has been a quite a ride.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that Kojima may have taken inspiration from this doctor and what he does (allowing one to conclude possible plot points from that information), the coincidences are a little too many, especially in the context of MGSV being about everything being a lie and not what it seems. So I think all of that would have to add up to something beyond the Moby Dick Studios stuff.

I don't believe however that Kojima created these companies or this whole head transplant thing, the man is crazy in the best ways and is more than happy to spark this sort of breadcrumb following mentality among the fans, but even he wouldn't go that far to create things like that all for a ruse.

Regardless, the things I do find believable are still pretty damn impressive if it really is all part of the ruse.

Slowdive

Banned
Posting for a new page.
Back when Kojima reveled that Phantom Pain = MGSV:TPP, Kojima said in his podcast that they modeled the doctor's face from a western actor who is working in Japan named Ian Moore

CC7VU2bVIAEdBH1.png:orig

CC7URZZVIAA55nG.jpg

The only way this can ever be real now is that Kojima purposefully got an actor that (who just happens to be well known in Japan) looked just like Sergio. Give up guys. :p

Soulflarz

Banned
So uh...a possible scenario is
-Kojima was inspired by this
-Boss isnt in his original body
-We just spoiled MGSV through conjecture and jokes that led to insanity.

Or something.

3 + 6 = 3 x 3 = 9. Number of years BB was in a coma.

Confirmed.

/s

chadskin

Canavero's patient Spiridonov:
I know all the risks of this operation. Sure, no one has done this before and no one has the technology to connect the neural cord except Canavero. They’re right to be skeptical, but I hope the doctor will share some of his secrets this summer.
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-qa-with-the-first-human-set-to-get-a-head-transplant

In the VICE interview with him, we also learn Spiridonov has no idea who's going to pay for it all, he doesn't know why the operation is set for 2017 and they have never met face-to-face but only talked via Skype. So, super-well thought through lol.

Early this year, Canavero also said this:
Canavero is philosophical. "This is why I first spoke about the idea two years ago, to get people talking about it," he says. "If society doesn't want it, I won't do it. But if people don't want it in the US or Europe, that doesn't mean it won't be done somewhere else. I'm trying to go about this the right way, but before going to the moon, you want to make sure people will follow you."
http://www.newscientist.com/article...-happen-in-two-years.html?page=2#.VTNUWc4WnOQ

What better way to test the waters in terms of society than a marketing campaign with a video game that deals with the same topic? Kojima, you dawg you! :p

Xiraiya

So uh...a possible scenario is
-Kojima was inspired by this
-Boss isnt in his original body
-We just spoiled MGSV through conjecture and jokes that led to insanity.

Or something.

In the event that is true, then yes we just spoiled the twists of MGSV, or part of them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What about the head of MGS, AKA Kojima, being cut off from the franchise? i mean, they were literally removing his name from his older project. It's part of the plan too?
You mean removing the head of the projects from his body of work?

"This is your brain on Kojima"
Referring to the famous commercial featuring fried eggs...

Even the doubters in this thread are Kojima plants!

iEx5g7IypIX9S.gif

Canavero's patient Spiridonov:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/a-qa-with-the-first-human-set-to-get-a-head-transplant

In the VICE interview with him, we also learn Spiridonov has no idea who's going to pay for it all, he doesn't know why the operation is set for 2017 and they have never met face-to-face but only talked via Skype. So, super-well thought through lol.

Early this year, Canavero also said this:

http://www.newscientist.com/article...-happen-in-two-years.html?page=2#.VTNUWc4WnOQ

What better way to test the waters in terms of society than a marketing campaign with a video game that deals with the same topic? Kojima, you dawg you! :p

I love this thread.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Posting for a new page.

The only way this can ever be real now is that Kojima purposefully got an actor that (who just happens to be well known in Japan) looked just like Sergio. Give up guys. :p

Oooooh. Okay. I see now.

Fuck. :(

DarkKyo

If Kojima is stealthily paving the way towards my own immortality I see no choice but to worship and follow him to the ends of the earth. What a legacy... lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I honestly can't even tell if you're serious right now, NeoGAF.

It'd be super interesting if psychologists did a study on this thread.

Maybe, but I think the PP doctor looks just as much like Canavero as he does Ian Moore. And Moore has a British accent, while it sounds to me like the doctor in PP has an Italian accent. Ian Moore could well just be Kojima throwing people off the trail. Also, the fact that Canavero showed up to speak at a Cyprus TEDx talk, which is not very close to Italy at all, and Cyprus is the location of the medical facility in the trailer. Ian Moore doesn't have much to do with this whole thing.

There's so much going on in this thread I don't even know who to quote. This thread will ultimately be better than anything the game has to offer
unless this stuff actually ends up being true.

Never change gaf.

Loakum

Banned
Settled, then. Now let's start investigating the nurse.

We'll get to the nurse...I'm more curious about "him". The unrevealed 3rd person whom was in that operating room that day. He could be the body donor.

btw, speaking of the 1:01 mark of the video and picture below. Big Boss was just announced to being in a coma. Why are a doctor and a nurse appears to be holding his head in a certain position. What could they be up to?

DeC23JXl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nUMw7japI

haystax

Neo Member
Can't believe so many ppl here are thinking this doctor and procedure are real, read the articles... Clearly bullshit. Firstly, decapitating a healthy body (regardless of the brain being dead) would be murder in any country I'm aware of, secondly when do doctors skip straight to human trials? Thirdly, ITS A FUCKING HEAD TRANSPLANT!
Got to admire Kojimas effort on this one though, it's impressive.

Exentryk

I am not a follower of the MGS series, but I love things like this.

Anyway, my take is that Kojima is just taking the doctor and his project as inspiration for the plot point in MGS 5. And Kojima most likely is just adding some bread crumbs like the book etc to make fiction and reality connect somehow. It's brilliant really!

Would love Kojima to make an RPG series so I can join the cult :p

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Wait, wait, wait, fucking wait...

Where is the source of Kojima stating Ian Moore was the actor used for the face scan?

Also, why is the TEDx Facebook being so coy with the "True Heroes" line?

This shit ain't over
zWVbK.gif

Wouldn't doing something like this cause you to lose your medical license? I thought as a doctor you can only provide approved medical treatments and not things that have not been tested and cleared by whatever governmental/medical body is in charge of such things in the country where the medicine is being practiced.

How can a first time head transplant with no tests (as far as I've read) be allowed considering the above?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't doing something like this cause you to lose your medical license? I thought as a doctor you can only provide approved medical treatments and not things that have not been tested and cleared by whatever governmental/medical body is in charge of such things in the country where the medicine is being practiced.

How can a first time head transplant with no tests (as far as I've read) be allowed considering the above?
If the police are after him he'll just get a new body and fingerprints.

Houndi101

Kojimas ruse cruise never ends, love it.
Just hope this is true and the firing from Konami wasn't, but it has to be, this day and age it would have been outed by business peers after they tried to recruit him.

Dawg

Who said BB would need the head transplant? Maybe it's Miller.....

Stahp! :p

Full quote: "Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."

He lost a leg and an arm. That's the body he lost.

chadskin

That's why, and all Kojima theories aside, this whole thing just sounds super fishy. There's just no way that procedure is possible in 2017. It'd be amazing if he could just keep the head alive for a couple of hours after the operation but he expects him to walk after a year of training lol.

So, either a) an Italian doctor with no really noteworthy reputation has found the secrets to do head transplants, b) he's trying to rip people off or c) Kojima.

Loakum

Banned
Stahp! :p

Full quote: "Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."

He lost a leg and an arm. That's the body he lost.

Big Boss and Kaz has both lost a limb or two, but how do you know that's Kaz's voice? Sounds like Kiefer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom