• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rymdkapsel |OT| Thinking man's Tetris in SPAAAAACE

Corto

VrVL6Px.png

Developer: Grapefrukt Games

Release Date: January 30th (previous releases on Android, iOS and Playstation Mobile)

Platforms: Windows/Mac/Linux

Price on Steam: 5.39€ (10% launch discount)

WHAT IS RYMDKAPSEL?

rymdkapsel is a game where you take command of a space station and its minions. You will have to plan your expansion and manage your resources to explore the galaxy.
Striking a good balance between defense and expansion is key to succeeding.

WHAT'S NEW ON THE EXPANDED PC VERSION?

The PC version features two new game modes, four brand new monoliths and new missions to complete, the soundtrack has also been expanded with two new songs, bringing it to a massive 45 minutes.

The expanded version will be a PC exlusive for a while and will later come as a free update for mobile versions.

CAN I BUY IT DIRECTLY FROM THE DEVELOPER?

YES! You'll get a Steam code and a special edition with some extra goodies

The Monolith edition
A special edition of the game available exclusively via the rymdkapsel page, which contains the regular, DRM free, Windows, OS X and Linux versions of the game, a Steam code and these extra little tidbits:

The original Android version
The complete soundtrack
Ringtones for your devices
A secret bonus game set in the same universe (Windows only)

MEDIA

PC announcement trailer

Screenshots

JIFS

bPq8pYA.gif

UxvOeUy.gif

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Been waiting on this. Can't wait to play it.

calder

Awesome game, one of perhaps 3 iOS games I really loved last year. I played this as much as any other game I've ever played on my iPad, I just couldn't stop replaying it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I got it for free on Vita, and enjoyed it for a few hours.
It only has a few hours of playability, but they are so well spent. It feels like traveling back in time to 2009 when indie games were basically one decent-good idea wrapped in a serviceable game.

I keep it on my Vita for the soundtrack. And it's a nice pallet cleanser imo.

What, this was on Vita and was free for a while? Wasn't it an iPhone game?

It was first released on the Vita and then later on to iOS. I guess there's an Android version as well.

Really enjoyed it when I played the iOS version so I'll definitely get the PC version. I might buy it off of their official site to check out the bonus game that's included.

Corto

What, this was on Vita and was free for a while? Wasn't it an iPhone game?

Yes to both hehe it was free on Vita but it's a PlayStation Mobile game so some countries are screwed as that service is not available globally. I have it on my iPhone and got it today for my PC and my Mac laptop. The soundtrack and the first waves are just so relaxing for me. It's deceiving though. You think you'll just pick it up for a few minutes and next thing you know you've been playing it for half an hour.

Jaffaboy

I installed the android version a few days ago after picking it up on Humble Bundle ages ago. So so awesome, I went and bought the Steam version straight away! I'm not a big RTS gamer, but are there any other games anyone would recommend that's similar to this? I really like that it's not too complicated.

Bluenova

Neo Member
Wanted to chime in, this game is very slick and polished. The music too. Its just very tight, the mechanics are tuned well. I play it for an hour at a time, then I screw up as my base is over-run.

So cool it got an update.

I also got it free for my PSV like back in June E3.

Top Bottom