• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) Developer Livestream [Currently LIVE]

alt27

That was a great stream. ^_^

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (2 Kiwami? XD)
New Yakuza
Yakuza Online
Fist of the North Star title.

I wonder if Yakuza Online would make it to the West. The Fist of the North Star game and the other titles probably will. As long as Yakuza is doing well these days.

But it's going to be a while before we see any of these anyway.

What you mean new yakuza ?

I was watching and my Japanese is limited but never heard anything about a new one

jonno394

I was watching and my Japanese is limited but never heard anything about a new one

I thought the black japanese guy in the suit who was at the beginning of the FoTN teaser was hinted as being from the new game?

edit - or maybe he's from Yakuza online??

Vashu

From my understanding, there's a new Yakuza project that will be combined with the Yakuza Online game.

Could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

alt27

From my understanding, there's a new Yakuza project that will be combined with the Yakuza Online game.

Could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

Oh ok, thanks ! I was splurging through with my shit Japanese so probably missed 80% of it

Aki-at

I am worried about the Fist of the North Star game tho, given Sega's track record I am hesitant to think they'd localize it.

What track record?

Puyo Tetris, Valkyria Revolution, 7th Dragon, StellaGlow, 3DS Classic Collection, Hatsune Miku and 2 Yakuza games all in the space of a year so far.

They're track record is pretty good now!

They've gotten a lot better about localizing their games, I have high hopes for this.

Just hope that if they do dub it, they also give an option for the original JP dub as well. can't imagine playing a game that has the VA of Kiryu and NOT listening to that voice.

So no real word about a Yakuza 7, and instead they're making a Fist of the North Star game? I guess that means production on Y7 is getting delayed?

So no real word about a Yakuza 7, and instead they're making a Fist of the North Star game? I guess that means production on Y7 is getting delayed?

The game is coming. We just don't know when.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. A new Yakuza game was not actually announced. This "New Yakuza Series" project is the name of the overall initiative for new Yakuza games going forward, which will star Ichiban Kasuga. The first entry in that initiative is Yakuza Online. They only said that the New Yakuza Series will also include console games, but didn't specifically announce it yet.

Huh? They revealed the new protagonist of Yakuza 7 and brief story details were revealed. Since part of the new protags story mentions that he gets out of a 17 year long prison stint in 2018 it means the game is due out next year (assuming its not delayed) as mainline Yakuza games are always based in the same year they are released. Expect to hear a bit more at TGS this year probably, I'd bet on a December 2018 release.

If its anything like Yakuza 6 though we won't get many details until this time next year, with the next few months mainly being about Kiwami 2 (which is due out this year in Japan), then they'll shift their focus to releasing more info on 7.

Huh? They revealed the new protagonist of Yakuza 7 and brief story details were revealed. Since part of the new protags story mentions that he gets out of a 17 year long prison stint in 2018 it means the game is due out next year (assuming its not delayed) as mainline Yakuza games are always based in the same year they are released. Expect to hear a bit more at TGS this year probably, I'd bet on a December 2018 release.

If its anything like Yakuza 6 though we won't get many details until this time next year, with the next few months mainly being about Kiwami 2 (which is due out this year in Japan), then they'll shift their focus to releasing more info on 7.
Yeah I'm expecting TGS 2018 to be the big blowout period for Y7 info. But we'll definitely be getting scraps of info along the way as well.

The game is coming. We just don't know when.

Ah okay, thanks. I'm kind of surprised they have enough studio resources to work on two new games at the same time. I suppose Y7 will continue to borrow assets from earlier titles, but still, that's a packed schedule for them.

Ah okay, thanks. I'm kind of surprised they have enough studio resources to work on two new games at the same time. I suppose Y7 will continue to borrow assets from earlier titles, but still, that's a packed schedule for them.

Eh, re-reading things I'm not so sure about that anymore. The messaging seems to have muddied what is related to the online game and what isn't. Right now it sounds like the online game follows on from Yakuza 6, and will feature the new protagonist shown off today, however apparently there is also a console game coming with the same character but its not clear (for me at least) if a new console game is coming next year yet. TGS will hopefully shed more light on this.

Top Bottom