• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.Link FM - PersonaGAF Podcasting for Everyone's Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
episode6.jpg

Episode 6 is finally here! This one is all about Persona 4: Arena, the competitive scene surrounding it and fighting games at large. Our panel consists of Levito and Armada, with GAF's own fighting game enthusiast MotheHawk and pro fighting game player, Dacidbro. We talk all about the FGC, overcoming competitive gaming anxiety, the differences between the various fighting game genres. Dacidbro and MotheHawk give comprehensive detail on the mechanics of Persona 4: Arena. Don't think, feel!

[Source]

esoterika

Neo Member
Listened to it live while working last night. Very enjoyable. Dacid is very knowledgeable.

Edit: Oh just heard the end. Thanks for the shoutout!

Levito

Banned
For those of you that know fighting game communities better than I, please share it all over!

Listened to it live while working last night. Very enjoyable. Dacid is very knowledgeable.

Edit: Oh just heard the end. Thanks for the shoutout!

No man, thank YOU! :)

PK Gaming

Phenomenal episode.

I took a lot from that podcast (losing = just a way to get better) and the panelists were just great. I loved how the non-fighting game players were on the ball with this episode, and the questions were great.

EDIT: Strongly considering joining the podcast. What's the cheapest / best headset I should buy.

CSX

Phenomenal episode.

I took a lot from that podcast (losing = just a way to get better) and the panelists were just great. I loved how the non-fighting game players were on the ball with this episode, and the questions were great.

EDIT: Strongly considering joining the podcast. What's the cheapest / best headset I should buy.
That applies to all fighting games. That's why the save replay option in modern fighters are so great. Personally I got one of those small mics that attach to your headphone cable. Can be as good as headsets at cheaper price.

Levito

Banned
Phenomenal episode.

Awww thanks! It was a lot of fun.

As for mic suggestions, you could probably just pick up any descent headset at best buy and call it a day. Will keep you in mind for a potential Laura Bailey episode. :)

Alright, I've updated the OT - we now have a very good reason to spread the word of S.Link FM around fighting game threads :)

Great episode, can't wait for the next one!

PK Gaming

Awww thanks! It was a lot of fun.

As for mic suggestions, you could probably just pick up any descent headset at best buy and call it a day. Will keep you in mind for a potential Laura Bailey episode. :)

I just got myself a spare mic (though a little cheap) it works like a charm! Thanks for keeping me in mind (though if i'm being honest, I think i'd prefer to be on a stream with amanda winn-lee or karen strassmen)

CSX

Been awhile seen i played Golden but I be happy to join in on a podcast. Been on Soul Hackers. Any would be fine. I rather leave spots open for those that want to be in the podcasts with the VAs

Levito

Banned
The panel for Erin's episode will be Armada, Inorigo, Jello, and me. (sorry scrafty, they all asked ages ago)

You'l get priority for any future VO episode should you wish to be on.

Also, do you guys know any good fight game forums or websites where we could share the latest episode?

The panel for Erin's episode will be Armada, Inorigo, Jello, and me. (sorry scrafty, they all asked ages ago)

You'l get priority for any future VO episode should you wish to be on.

Also, do you guys know any good fight game forums or websites where we could share the latest episode?

Y'know what? I don't need your podcast! I'll start my own podcast, with interviews and Laura Bailey!

Actually, forget the interviews. And the podcast.

Thank you very very much for your consideration and best of luck to yourself, jello, Armada and Ron!

So I meant to listen to the episode yesterday but I forgot. So I just finished listening to it and I really enjoyed it. I also learned that apparently Teddie's air attacks aren't overheads, which before the podcast I had no idea of. The more you know ~

Levito

Banned
What time are you recording? CHANNEL ME IN

Aww panel decided :T

I've been meaning to ask Jintor, are you interested in coming on our episode about music?

Was thinking you, Doug Farrel(esoterika), and Dale North from Destructoid should come on since you're all musicans. You interested?

Jintor

Nah, I'm a lapsed musician. Dantis might be more into that...

I don't really have an area of expertise. You guys already did that P4Animation episode?

Levito

Banned
Ooops I linked the message description.

Wow Erin shared it and the site is getting a ton of hits, already have 3 comments. haha

Good luck with the podcast tonight, guys! Remember to ask Erin how one gets into the VA industry and what steps should be taken for me!

Moonlight

Banned
I meant to say this a couple days ago, but I've been catching up on SLink FMs recently, and man. So good. I don't really listen to podcasts often, but you guys keep it real. As someone trying to break into the fighting game crowd (or at least the periphery), your discussion with Dacidbro regarding the P4A scene and how to get good in general was really top notch stuff. I'm way ahead on the 'lose a lot' part, anyways. Haha.

Also, really appreciate the fact you guys are on iTunes now. Really convenient to add you guys to my list of subscribed podcasts.

I never paid much attention to voice actors until recently. The voice work in the Persona games really is top-notch. Looking forward to this!

Also forgot to comment on the last ep, great as usual. Finally stopped being a pansy and played P4A online. I wasn't even worried about losing in the first place, just thought that I'd be so bad I'd get my ass handed to me every time and it'd stop being fun. Turns out I was worried about a whole loada nothing.

Levito

Banned
vimhwaf.png

At long last the day has finally come, the highly anticipated 7th Episode of S.Link FM is here for all to hear. I mean, what could be more exciting than having the mind behind the kickboxing carnivore Chie Satonaka on the podcast? It’s true, immensely talented voice actress Erin Fitzgerald was here to school us with her vast assortment of knowledge. We talked about linguistics, the voice over industry, and most importantly steak. So enjoy this one, we had an absolute blast recording it.

[Source]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom