• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Waterblight Ganon is pretty cool.

Does seem if you don't defeat the bosses in the main game, you have to fight them before you fight Ganon.

Also if you die to one of them, you have to start all over. Lose to Waterblight Ganon, and back to Windblight you go.

squall23

You can dye the green hat, tunic, and shorts, so maybe pretty early perhaps. It seems the "Champion" tunic might be the late-game story related tunic, since there's no color variations.
IDlayTa.png
Give us Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice when using OoT and FD Link and we'll be golden.

archvile7

Somewhere in the Downfall Timeline judging by
what the King told us about the Rise of Calamity Ganon. It nearly matches the back story of ALttP.

But... If there is a Mabe Village Ruins, and Links Awakening takes place AFTER Link to the Past, then this game can't possibly be the back story to Link to the Past.

It's almost like a mishmash of all or most of the previous Zelda worlds...what the hell!!

Ms.Galaxy

But... If there is a Mabe Village Ruins, and Links Awakening takes place AFTER Link to the Past, then this game can't possibly be the back story to Link to the Past.

It's almost like a mishmash of all or most of the previous Zelda worlds...what the hell!!

Actually, the new stream gave us information that this isn't the first time Calamity Ganon struck, the first time was 10,000 years ago, so this game likely takes place thousands of years after Zelda 2 if it's in the downfall timeline.

ckfy63a

Is this streamer playing the Wii U version? Looks like it based on the traditional D-Pad in the corner of the HUD, but I suppose that could also be for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller...

Caelus

Is this streamer playing the Wii U version? Looks like it based on the traditional D-Pad in the corner of the HUD, but I suppose that could also be for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller...

It's Wii U, the Switch Pro Controller doesn't change the HUD.

Da-Kid

You can dye the green hat, tunic, and shorts, so maybe pretty early perhaps. It seems the "Champion" tunic might be the late-game story related tunic, since there's no color variations.
IDlayTa.png
The only one I seen where you can dye in the Hooded Tunic. We have yet (to my knowledge) see the BOTW tunic even worn or how it comes.

I'm suffering a little seeing the streamer failing so many times.

He needs to step back and look for more weapons and food. Maybe try to get the Master Sword.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bamboo &#31481;;231154507 said:

He needs to step back and look for more weapons and food. Maybe try to get the Master Sword.

I think he is really dedicated to do this with three hearts, but I do agree he probably needs more food.

Bamboo &#31481;;231154507 said:

I have faith in streamer-kun, he can do it without master sword or anything else.
maybe

Ms.Galaxy

I think he is really dedicated to do this with three hearts, but I do agree he probably needs more food.

He should have gathered some wood before coming here to build a campfire to cook some of his food too. Eating a million mushrooms isn't the best way to recover 3 hearts.

Koodo

Banned
That stream got boring after his 342343th death, but this siege should be a TRIP with a skilled speedrunner.

Ms.Galaxy

I love how Waterblight Ganon just watches you for almost half a minute while you stab his ice blocks and then wait for stasis to end.

Caelus

The weapons and armor in this game are just straight up Xenoblade.

That's the kind of influence I like, cool as shit.

I love how Waterblight Ganon just watches you for almost half a minute while you stab his ice blocks and then wait for stasis to end.

Yeah, I find that kinda stupid. But If you think about it, if he were attacking you meanwhile, hitting the ice block would be a really frustrating task.

Bamboo &#31481;;231154959 said:
Yeah, I find that kinda stupid. But If you think about it, if he were attacking you meanwhile, hitting the ice block would be a really frustrating task.

There aren't any I frames that can save you either. You have to physically dodge everything.

Top Bottom