• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 | Xbox e3 Showcase

JayK47

Almost a year out, assuming no further date changes? Oof. This will need to be better than Metro Exodus, which is a fantastic game. If I had a lot of spare time, I would load up the first 3 games and play them again. Great series, hope they can keep the magic going.

Day 1 on pc. Own all the previous stalker games, and i am pysched for this. Thats a large game though 150gb... wow. Can almost met recommended specs except using a 2060 rtx card. By the time this is out eVGA /nvidia better have sent me my step up 3060ti its alreay been 6 months, since i joined the queue on day 1 :(

Mentat02

Banned
It looks incredible. The atmosphere is exactly what I dreamed a stalker sequel to be like. I just hope the gunplay/sandbox is faithful. I dont want it to feel like metro.
Yeah I think they were just showcasing the gunplay, there is no way you are rushing into a building like that in stalker. didn't seem like metro to me, not saying the metro games are bad.

Almost a year out, assuming no further date changes? Oof. This will need to be better than Metro Exodus, which is a fantastic game. If I had a lot of spare time, I would load up the first 3 games and play them again. Great series, hope they can keep the magic going.
What does metro have to do with Stalker except for the country they take place in? Metro is a more linear experience and Stalker is open world with tons of guns, parts, artifacts in the exclusion zone of Chernobyl. One takes place in the future dystopia the other takes place today in an exaggerated "Zone". Stalker has a way different feel than metro. It also has rpg dialog, inventory systems and is way more than just a shooter, its a hybrid, or at least it was. Hope it still is.

Looking good to play.
I am starting to feel that there are enough of these shooters in this sort of setting although if youre only going to play one you may as well stick with this series.
What other shooter have we had recently? also this is an rpg/fps hybrid (I hope it still is). We hardly get any single player shooters any more, you can never have enough of them. Maybe back in the 360/ps3 era you could say that , but not now. We have enough (too much) microtransaction multiplayer battle royale and f2p games if anything is too much.

Gediminas

Banned

Dont worry Devs when the 'money hat' period is over i will support your game on ps5, will be my first stalker game, looks interesting but would like to see more

went to their page, no PS5 pre-order available. like wtf? ok, i will wait, no problem, 3 month going to pass pretty fast with gaming schedule of 2022.

Sophist

6.jpg

That's the infamous Duga radar. IIRC, it was already present in the first trilogy.

NoviDon

This certainly looks like a new gen "feel", which i've only felt from a few games a half year in. Its by far the most impressive thing I have seen from the whole E3.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Curly Vita hasn't got his permajob hair yet :p

This looks fantastic, it LOOKS like an update or the original, which would be golden gold.

Hmm... But they really need to speed up the look speed :p when he fights that mutant in the dark building he turns to face the guy in the space of like 2.5 seconds

the hair on the villain at the end looks like the worst kinda wig, that combined with his uncanny valley facial capture is quite a trip!

Last edited:

Dont worry Devs when the 'money hat' period is over i will support your game on ps5, will be my first stalker game, looks interesting but would like to see more

Assuming Microsoft doesn't end up acquiring them... Microsoft is expanding quite a bit lately, so nothing is off the table. But the game looks downright nuts. Not my kind of game usually (creepy as fuck), but I'm tempted to give it a try.

kyoji

Assuming Microsoft doesn't end up acquiring them... Microsoft is expanding quite a bit lately, so nothing is off the table. But the game looks downright nuts. Not my kind of game usually (creepy as fuck), but I'm tempted to give it a try.
seems like they are money hatting quite a bit too but it doesnt bother me like it does others, they needed to bolster there offerings.

I meet the minimum specs I guess which sucks, but I get it. My RX580 is getting old and can’t really keep up anymore.
Maybe I’ll end up playing it on Xbox instead.

So apparently the devs are flat out saying they really aren't porting it to any other platforms outside of what's been announced? Now they could just be saying this, and it will in fact make PS5 release later, but they seem to sound pretty damn confident. Maybe the money they got from Microsoft for the day one Game Pass deal has satisfied them?

i hate to say it but there's too much motion happening

i also don't like how the gun is centered at the middle of the screen, feels awkward

Stuart360

So apparently the devs are flat out saying they really aren't porting it to any other platforms outside of what's been announced? Now they could just be saying this, and it will in fact make PS5 release later, but they seem to sound pretty damn confident. Maybe the money they got from Microsoft for the day one Game Pass deal has satisfied them?
They cant talk about PS5 because of the deal with Xbox. TheEpic court case revealed that Xbox has 3 months of excusivity for the game, so it should come to PS5 after. Unless the 3 months excusivity was for Gamepass, hmmm. I dont think so though.

Last edited:

Doncabesa

It was leaked in the ongoing Epic/Apple court case that it's a three month exclusive so it would make sense. It's best not to limit yourpotential customers just for the financial benefits you'd get from such a short lock in.
I honestly think that 3 months might be Windows Store exclusivity, and then it goes to Steam/Epic

Shubh_C63

Even till the last trailer of the conference, the STALKER footage didn't left my brain.
Truly amazing.

This footage looks like some first party Sony looking shit. In my veins please
6.jpg

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
This game looked absolutely incredible, but shots like this one make me worry:

SQCs3t3.gif

It reminds me too much of this:

ySujKdHQzmIsK9L5dnPmdH9yCPRaGIFwtr8eDzq0ctTiKq2Ca02eIGZpr47wB4P20VY0IdCig7-cpNGpLnZtzcpYDl-lliwe-dUaQ2RuJBUWb7bRsfWw0qkaADvR8DuK

I honestly think that 3 months might be Windows Store exclusivity, and then it goes to Steam/Epic
Seems unlikely as the official STALKER 2 website shows that it launches on April 28th on Steam, Xbox Series and the Epic Games Store so it looks like they've managed to avoid that Windows Store mess completely. Even Microsoft's new trailer only mentions Xbox Series and PC rather than mentioning their own Store.
I think everythng that we do know suggests that whatever deal they cut is only short term deal rather than a long term investment in the studio or franchise.

scalman

This and horizon 5 for me right niw. Just gameplay style its not how we play stalker games at all. Hope we can do it our way still. Will be best fps just without much shooting. Shame its not 2021 game

mrMUR_96

What does metro have to do with Stalker except for the country they take place in? Metro is a more linear experience and Stalker is open world with tons of guns, parts, artifacts in the exclusion zone of Chernobyl. One takes place in the future dystopia the other takes place today in an exaggerated "Zone". Stalker has a way different feel than metro. It also has rpg dialog, inventory systems and is way more than just a shooter, its a hybrid, or at least it was. Hope it still is.
They're not set in the same country, stalker is in Ukraine, metro is in Russia.

Sentenza

What's with their history? Are they known for selling CGI footage as gameplay?
STALKER 2 was already cancelled abruptly more than 10 years ago after stumbling in development hell for while.
*THIS* STALKER 2 comes out of nowhere, it shares literally no DNA with the previous ones in terms of workforce (I'm not sure if there is a single developer left from the original team) and any work on it started after the original founder of the company hired a bunch of underpaid random guys and decided that STALKER 2 had to be a thing again a couple of years ago.

He may have hit the jackpot and found a bunch of underpaid geniuses that will redefine industry standards on a tight budget, but until more evidence comes it's only healthy to be wary of the entire production.
Don't be too surprise if the final product ends up not even remotely resembling this footage.
Assuming there will be a final product again.

On a positive note, I can only hope that if Microsoft decided to back them up they had a chance to see something concrete first.

scalman

if you look at previous stalker games for their time they look and play much better then anythin was on that time. and AI engine on them was miles ahead of anything in fps back then. just hope AI will be truly revolutionary this time again. looks best from all games shown as well.

SJRB

Gold Member
STALKER 2 was already cancelled abruptly more than 10 years ago after stumbling in development hell for while.
*THIS* STALKER 2 comes out of nowhere, it shares literally no DNA with the previous ones in terms of workforce (I'm not sure if there is a single developer left from the original team) and any work on it started after the original founder of the company hired a bunch of underpaid random guys and decided that STALKER 2 had to be a thing again a couple of years ago.

He may have hit the jackpot and found a bunch of underpaid geniuses that will redefine industry standards on a tight budget, but until more evidence comes it's only healthy to be wary of the entire production.
Don't be too surprise if the final product ends up not even remotely resembling this footage.
Assuming there will be a final product again.

On a positive note, I can only hope that if Microsoft decided to back them up they had a chance to see something concrete first.

Yeah the game looks SO good I'm kinda cautious considering the history behind its development.

Basically looks too good to be true.

Sygma

just look at playthroughs of all Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat

Thats basically what you'll get here, semi open world fps in fucked climatic conditions where you have to look for irradiated artifacts in order to get money. Story is rooted in fantasy elements (poltergheists, monsters etc) in a sort of realistic setting (devastated chernobyl region)

What you won't get are set pieces and all that crap. Stalker is all about that slow, emergent, thoughtful gameplay and athmosphere above anything else. There's no other open world fps game where playing at night gives these fucking incredibly tight fights in pitch black conditions, where 2 bullets are enough to end you. Would STRONGLY advise playing Call of Pripyat fully modded (graphically speaking, not gameplay wise if its your first run) if you can on pc, it still holds up in every single department

Every single person who played Stalker will rave about these gunfights in stormy nights, and they're more than right about it

Last edited:
Top Bottom