• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thief1987

Did a check on the "Hasan" name from Turkish to Japanese and then back to english... Interesting:)

Hasan1.jpg

Hasan2.jpg
This is incorrect translation, this should translates like "have", "waiting" will be matte imasu (待っています), different kanjis

I'm all in! This has to be a setup by sony and kojima. Too many weird coincidences. Perfect timing too right after all the e3 shows and builds anticipation for what sony have in store these next few weeks. Either that or am I crazy or what and spending too much time on gaming forums?

Edit: remember when abandoned was first announced, everyone thought it was a fake studio made by kojima. Turns out our gut instincts was right all along.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Let it be known that Kojima/Sony/Hasan will break your spirits by starting the show with what looks to be a legit developer Blue Box Studios showing off abandoned pretending to be an actual studio and apologizing to you for the confusion they caused only to end the show with the reveal that blue box studio was indeed fake and it was Kojima all along.

Last edited:

Vick

Well, there's a new Subreddit dedicated to this case:

Still won't allow myself to believe any of this, for my health safety, but this post by Amarylliscence is certainly interesting:

"Original title: Theory: Blue Box Game Studios' game Abandoned is an AAA version of Rewind: Voices of the Past and got rebranded as the new Silent Hills game

First, let's check the Kickstarter page for their previous game Rewind: Voices of the Past. Here is the brief description of the game:

Rewind™ is a cinematic First Person Horror Adventure game for the PC, Oculus Rift and consoles. You play as Jim Walker, a professional paranormal investigator who lost his wife and daughter during a car accident 8 years ago. Jim had the desire to communicate with his wife and daughter one more time using EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena), and after a succesful session, he started to work as a paranormal investigator. For 8 years, Jim experienced real hauntings, communications and paranormal activities. He thought that he saw it all, until he came across a haunted mansion hidden in High Hills Village.
Jim struggles with his confusion, sorrow, depression and mental issues along his journey as a result of his loss he had 8 years ago. Along with his close friend and co-worker Jessica Thompson, Jim discovers the explanations of the paranormal activities he experienced. Investigate and explore High Hills Village, and witness the emotional story of Jim Walker.
Rewind™ contains dramatic, emotional and horrifying elements combined with cinematic gameplay with high quality visuals and audio. Experience the unforgettable journey of Jim Walker.
However:

Rewind will be fully funded by a private investor! This will allow us to achieve our goals within a short time span. We would like to thank our backers for their support, the campaign shall be cancelled later today
When looking at the game description, there are some interesting aspects. Paranormal investigator loses wife and daughter in an accident. Communicate with them through EVP (commonly done with radios), experienced hauntings, paranormal activities, all happening in High Hills Village.

For those who are familiar with P.T. (Playable Teaser for Silent Hills), the plots have a lot of similarities. You play as a guy, wife and child are murdered, radio keeps playing throughout the whole playthrough, the Lisa apparitions are commonly referred to as "hauntings" by the fans, and of course, all takes place in Silent Hills.

Now, a little bit more info from the Kickstarter page! The project was started March 18 2015, however, not even a month later, on April 6 2015, the project is cancelled since Blue Box received funds from a private investor. Interestingly enough, PT was cancelled in April 2015.

When looking at their old Greenlight Steam Page, it says this short update from September 12th 2015:

Early followers of Rewind: Voices Of The Past may know the older concept of the game when it was a First Person exploration game. Ever since Rewind: Voices Of The Past faced a new polished AAA concept, we decided to release the older version as an individual game named The Lost Tape. So the information you see here is the newest version.
So, from this we know that Rewind: Voices of the Past changed development to a new polished AAA (!) concept and an older version of the game was released as The Lost Tape. AAA development isn't cheap, and since Blue Box did not have any prior games released, the funding must have come from some big dudes, presumably Sony.

A last update was placed on their Kickstarter page on October 5th, 2015.

We've been asked regarding the development status of Rewind over and over and the asnwer is: Yes the game is still in development and has a whole new concept. You can follow the development over:
facebook.com/rewindseries
rewind-thegame.com
indiedb.com/games/rewind-a-mysterious-horror-game
Thank you all again and we hope to welcome you in our community as well!
All links are dead now, however, when looking at the second link through The Wayback Machine on May 13 2019, we find that the game was being developed solely for PS4, thus being a PS4 exclusive, which makes the Sony funding all the more probable. When looking at their website http://blueboxgamestudios.com/77 through The Wayback Machine on July 9 2019, we can see they had 3 unnanounced projects in the work, besides Rewind. Additionally, it says on their blog they acquired 11 new voice actors for their new project. The last post on their blog is from 2016, after that, only silence. The blog posts contain pictures of the developers that posted them. Reverse image searching them only yields weird results. Probably stock photos, but who would use stock photos on their own developer blog, anyway?

So, what do we get? Game gets funding and goes the AAA development road. Old website shows that Rewind was a PS4 exclusive, so probably got funding from Sony. Complete radio silence after this. Oh yeah, plot resembles that of P.T., and got funded almost at the exact same time of Silent Hills' cancellation. As you probably all know, the Youtube header from the Blue Box is just a simple picture of hills covered in fog. Their game presumably took place in High Hills. See where I'm going?

Three options:

• Very elaborate Kojima shizzles. Shit didn't go well with Konami, Kojima wanted revenge and already had plans thought out for the future Silent Hills. Created an elaborate Kickstarter page, created a Youtube channel (created in January 2015). Somehow Sony got involved and they started working on a Silent Hill game.
  • These are just regular Dutch developers working on a horror game and looking for a great publicity stunt.
  • I'm just down a rabbit hole and enjoying this way too much. Probably this one.
So, let me know what you think. I've enjoyed writing this up after stressing my ass off for my Master's dissertation, so this was just some relaxation for me. I'm really intrigued tho, and would love to know what you guys think!"

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Been thinking about the trailer "app" thing, and it might be a thing where they use the PS5's haptics as part of the trailer. Say for instance if they used a certain pattern of vibration or whatever as a tell for enemy activity in the way they used the radio in SH? Would be relatively easy to sync up effects with fixed presentation?

DonJorginho

Banned
I think Kojima should be sued for his previous antics....so many broken minds here, it's time to open a loony bin
I think he should be given a medal, I much prefer this wild goose chase to today's trends of reveals to reveals of when an actual reveal will take place, and don't forget the hour countdown clock before the reveals to the reveals to the actual reveals start.

GrayChild

I think Kojima should be sued for his previous antics....so many broken minds here, it's time to open a loony bin

Close your eyes. Let your ears listen to the radio. Do you hear my voice? Can you hear your own soul's scream? Let us choose. My voice that tells the future. Or your tortured mind. Well, what do you choose? You can choose. Your life, your future. Wise as you are you might already have discovered it. Yes, the radio drama from 75 years ago was true. They are here on our earth and they monitor and see all. Don't trust anyone. Don't trust the police. They are already controlled by them. That's the way it has been for 75 years now. Only our best will prevail. You have a right. A right to become one of us. So, welcome to our world. Very soon the gates to a new dimension will open. 204863. 204863.

MastaKiiLA

For those who are questioning their sanity on this, just consider this: What kind of uber sketchy/clairvoyant timeline would the Blue Box team have to have endured during the last 6 years, to amass this number of coincidences? Specifically Kahraman. There's no chance his name and Hideo's can swap in Google Translate, given all the other coincidences we've seen. Not by chance anyway. So, did he intentionally change his name...6 fucking years out of any possible payoff, and with no visible payoff/compensation along the way? Seriously? That's what the counter to the Kojima theories is?

I envision an 30-something Turk working a dead-end day job, and going home each night to slave over sloppy code that he knows is going nowhere, before ending his night with obsessive internet searches of Kojima facts, in order to find new hints and clues that he can insert into descriptions of apps that he knows no one will see. All with the belief that one day, he'll convince Sony to give him a dev kit, so that he could take multiple levels of Carmack, and pitch a demo good enough to not only land him on their blog and YT, but also the unprecedented hype app. Then, and only then, he could finally start making the subtle hints and suggestive social media posts, that will whip fans into a fervor over a game he has to deep-down assume will disappoint them once they realize he's not really Kojima. That's not even mentioning the more than 7 studios he bamboozled along the way.

Yes, Kahraman has the proverbial shoehorn shoved up his ass, because his timeline was fucking dire when he launched it. 6 years for a payoff is some epic level of dedication to the lie.

Last edited:
For those who are questioning their sanity on this, just consider this: What kind of uber sketchy/clairvoyant timeline would the Blue Box team have to have endured during the last 6 years, to amass this number of coincidences? Specifically Kahraman. There's no chance his name and Hideo's can swap in Google Translate, given all the other coincidences we've seen. Not by chance anyway. So, did he intentionally change his name...6 fucking years out of any possible payoff, and with no visible payoff/compensation along the way? Seriously? That's what the counter to the Kojima theories is?

I envision an 30-something Turk working a dead-end day job, and going home each night to slave over sloppy code that he knows is going nowhere, before ending his night with obsessive internet searches of Kojima facts, in order to find new hints and clues that he can insert into descriptions of apps that he knows no one will see. All with the belief that one day, he'll convince Sony to give him a dev kit, so that he could take multiple levels of Carmack, and pitch a demo good enough to not only land him on their blog and YT, but also the unprecedented hype app. Then, and only then, he could finally start making the subtle hints and suggestive social media posts, that will whip fans into a fervor over a game he has to deep-down assume will disappoint them once they realize he's not really Kojima. That's not even mentioning the more than 7 studios he bamboozled along the way.

Yes, Kahraman has the proverbial shoehorn shoved up his ass, because his timeline was fucking dire when he launched it. 6 years for a payoff is some epic level of dedication to the lie.
56831218.jpg

supernova8

Banned
"Let me tell you a story... a true story...
A story that could overcome to all of us.. Imagine.. waking up at a place far, far away from home. Away from your lost ones. Away from friends. Away from safety. Trying to understand how you got there. No one there to guide you. No one there to assist you. No food, no water. You've got nothing to survive.

But the complicated part is... Well, you're a prey. A powerless, thirsty, and a weak prey of a strong blood-loving community led by a religious nut job, a false prophet that will do anything for power, anything for wealth.

And when you realize this, you know it's the end...your end.

But you will never accept this. You will fight for a way out.

ABANDONED
"

This is the transcript of the Abandoned reveal video. Either I'm crazy or this is, as PT was, actually Kojima talking about "a true story" of how he was suddenly kicked out of Konami by a group led by top management who only cared about money.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Top Bottom