• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Javthusiast

Banned
Kojima is just flexing. That Hasan avatar profile is just a character created in Decima Engine.

Crazy Eyes GIF by Tennis TV

GrayChild

To add further to the whole Dutch company thing:

According to executive producer Angie Smets, Decima was originally known simply as "the engine" by Guerrilla employees, as there were no developers using it outside of the company. However, when Kojima decided that he wanted to use Guerrilla's engine for Death Stranding, the team suddenly had to come up with a name for marketing purposes. They settled on naming it after Dejima, the island where a Dutch trading post appeared in the 17th century and once symbolized the strong Dutch–Japanese trade relations; for over two centuries, the Netherlands was the only Western country officially allowed to trade with Japan under the Tokugawa shogunate's sakoku policy.

It all adds up.

Silent Hills on Decima Engine coming soon!

Last edited:
No matter what this turns out to be, it definitely outshined the entire output from a week of E3. Gotta give credit to the minds behind it. Be it Kojima / Sony marketing people or a poor schmuck from an NL 2 room apartment :messenger_winking:

Anyway, it 100% is a Kojima / Sony viral marketing campaign :messenger_sunglasses:

(the same guy that had us plug a 2nd player controller to defeat psycho mantis, natural progression here lol)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To add further to the whole Dutch company thing:

It all adds up.

Silent Hills on Decima Engine coming soon!
Damn, even more neat lore behind the engine choice by Kojima. So many coincidences, this timeline be WILD!

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Been thinking about the trailer "app" thing, and it might be a thing where they use the PS5's haptics as part of the trailer. Say for instance if they used a certain pattern of vibration or whatever as a tell for enemy activity in the way they used the radio in SH? Would be relatively easy to sync up effects with fixed presentation?
I'm putting my dual sense in my pants now in anticipation. I'll let you know when I start to feel it.
200.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Its getting deeper. So Kojima posts a song that is literally full of pyramid heads, and also happens to contain the word 'abandoned', a game made by a developer named Hasan Kahraman, who shares initials with Kojima and has the same meaning as Hideo, and has a psn account named Sneakywarrior, itself a reference to snake/bigboss from MGS.

giphy.gif

SkylineRKR

Yes Kojima has close ties to Guerrilla and Kojipro even had a temporary studio set up in Amsterdam.

The Hasan guy, or Sneakywarriorr, he had a Steam developer account years ago. He seemed to be legit at some point, legit as in not a Hideo alt but perhaps a random asset flip guy. Blue Box goes around for some time as well, this all was created in the wake of the SH cancellation. Thats not strange, the cancellation caused an outrage. There were more games based on PT. You could say RE VII is based on it as well.

Perhaps they started out as fans wanting to create a similar horror experience and got into touch with Hideo. Or they've been asked to act as a front lately. The Blue Box logo looks a shit ton like the Playstation studios logo, almost to the point of plagiarism. Maybe they've been contracted or something. But I don't think this ruse started well over 5 years ago. I mean it could be, that Hideo was pissed off at the cancellation and wanted to preserve his project some way or another. But then there are licensing issues. Konami should own the IP still.

But all in all, its really weird. Those nobodies get a PS5 app for some shitty ass indie game. The amount of trophies is the same number as the SH4 commercial. HK, with Kahraman even meaning Hideo. And they post at like 3 AM CET, which is odd as well. All those things are weird to say the least.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Anyone know their adress? can’t someone living close just drive by and have a loot if it is just a postbox firm?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sadly the whole thing is just a full of shit indie dev.

Although TBH he is kind of a legend now.

Interesting interview, apparently they’ve been working with Sony since 2015 and they will be releasing a playable teaser alongside the gameplay reveal

And if so, told you it would have been much deeper, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, than your Life of Black Tiger and aNy nO nAmE iNdIE cAn mAkE a sOnY bLoG poSt argument.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Vick

Interesting interview, apparently they’ve been working with Sony since 2015 and they will be releasing a playable teaser alongside the gameplay reveal

We've been working with Sony since 2015.
I can't reveal as of yet.
That's why we are releasing a playable teaser alongside the gameplay reveal.
Yes, we didn't see that coming at all. At the beginning, people got hyped on the Playstation YouTube channel because they were convinced this was a new Kojima-project. People even started messaging us. People on Linkedin started calling me Kojima. It was funny at first, but after a while it got annoying since Kojima was getting the credit for our work. But no worries: the gameplay reveal will explain everything. Well, you never know though, it's the internet after all...

FCW.gif

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And if so, told you it would have been much deeper, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, than your Life of Black Tiger and aNy nO nAmE iNdIE cAn mAkE a sOnY bLoG poSt argument.

tenor.gif

I have a bridge to sell you.

Working with Sony = submitted the form on the partners.playstation.com site to request a dev account.

Friends don't let friends get hyped for nothing <3

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Siren Head sounds also like Silent Hill, also same abbreviation (SH).

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I have a bridge to sell you.

Working with Sony = submitted the form on the partners.playstation.com site to request a dev account.
screamqueensedit GIF

What happened and how it happened that this game became a PS5 exclusive, I can't reveal as of yet.
That is why a no name dev with no game to show got a blog post. They signed an exclusive agreement, if this interview is believed to be real and not related to Kojima at all.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
My God, I've never followed a thread so closely. This is pure gold, loving to see what people think and the connections they are finding (or creating lol)! I would love to see a new Silent Hill, but I'm expecting the worse here.
I hope this thread comes up in GAFs GotY discussions. I'm working on a platinum for it right now.

So have we been able to link 'Untitled Horror' to this thread at all. Everyone was convinced that was silent hill for a bit. Maybe that is another aspect of Abandoned?

Vick

"Rewind will be fully funded by a private investor! This will allow us to achieve our goals within a short time span. We would like to thank our backers for their support, the campaign shall be cancelled later today"

Friends don't let friends get hyped for nothing <3
I'm glad you're back man, i'm in desperate need of some sanity before it's too late.

99f99787354e0c64c2cbc71ff84394ae.gif

Pedro Motta

For real man?
If it did amount to anything at the end of the day, what possible enjoyment would you take out of it?
Unless you're on the Kojima signed up with team Xbox bandwagon that is... which would explain the sour comments
OMG you got me, I'm the biggest Xbox fan, no hiding it now.

Top Bottom