• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcmk7

Banned
You must be fun at parties. Why are you so invested in sucking the fun out of this thread? I wonder...🤔🤔🤔
He's Hideo.

GIF by Identity

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why would an asset flip dev have over seven support studios?
And why would he even get a PS.blog spotlight by Sony and then say it's now an exclusive game for them, if he is some failure with nothing to show?

Sony would have nipped this in the bud a long time ago with them lawyer shark emails. Now, it may be SH related, or not at all and something new and unique, but some "failure guy" would not be getting such resources unless it is either of the two scenarios. Third scenario for fun.

A) Kojima the whole time, or at least involved or another unrelated dev involved
B) He had something that Sony was very impressed with and it's a new IP
C) The best troll of all time that got by all of Sony's barriers, lawyers, Q&A, suits, execs, etc., bravo!
People just like being contrarians.

Nothing wrong with his theory.

But it sure is far fetched that a platform as big as PlayStation, suddenly gives massive visibility to someone who has done nothing, absolutely nothing of note.

Is followed by a very senior figure at Sony.

Released a trailer fully endorsed by Sony.. which isn't even the game. So how did he manage to blag that? Didn't even show his game.

Has a dedicated app to reveal future gameplay trailers.

Able to access games, which don't appear on the store, said games have no information at all to be found anywhere.

Peculiar.
Seriously.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And why did his previous game supposedly get handed over to a company that doesn’t develop or publish games?

Can you answer a question for me, since you are ignoring that I'm asking for theories.

Thing we absolutely know:

- Blue Box Studios released and charged for asset flip garbage on Steam, about 7-8 months ago

What is your theory for why, if they aren't just some asset flip garbage indie "studio"? How does that suggest in any way they are actually some indie "studio" making big games?

Last edited:

SaucyJack

This is all evidence this guy is unsuccessful.. a kickstarter that got no funding... ended? Why is that "a shell"? lol... . Not sure what else you think it means aside from the fact he's an unsuccessful shitty indie dev. The bold is particularly hilarious; he made a page saying he was seeking investors that probably got zero attention.. that same page he called himself a "AAA indie studio".. he has no connetions on LinkedIn.. because... he's not actually a successful indie dev, just a garbage one.. but your logic is that they released asset flip garbage to Steam, charged for it, as a ruse or something to hide that they are actually secretly working on a big project for Sony? Not that.. the connection here is... asset flip garbage you charge money for on Steam is pretty scammy... so is pretending to be a AAA indie studio asking for investors on your shitty website nobody went to until a month ago.

I'd honestly at this point just like someone to post a comprehensive theory, that doesn't ignore all of the garbage this guy has created... and what you think this actually is.

OK, I see. You’re just being an uber-Devil’s Advocate for the sake of it. No probs. 👍

And why would he even get a PS.blog spotlight by Sony and then say it's now an exclusive game for them, if he is some failure with nothing to show?

Sony would have nipped this in the bud a long time ago with them lawyer shark emails. Now, it may be SH related, or not at all and something new and unique, but some "failure guy" would not be getting such resources unless it is either of the two scenarios.

A) Kojima the whole time, or at least involved or another unrelated dev involved
B) He had something that Sony was very impressed with and it's a new IP
C) The best troll of all time that got by all of Sony's barriers, lawyers, Q&A, suits, execs, etc., bravo!

Seriously.
In the eyes of IntentionalPun IntentionalPun this Hasan dude is both a terrible failure that couldn't get more than $200 of funding for his game and an absolute genius for tricking these many people to pay attention to his vaporware game that gets released later this year. All this while getting Sony signal boosting him and even creating an unprecedented app for his game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

C'mon man!

edit: pissed my pants laughing at your new avatar IntentionalPun IntentionalPun fucking 5⭐

🦰

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

In the eyes of IntentionalPun IntentionalPun this Hasan dude is both a terrible failure that couldn't get more than $200 of funding for his game and an absolute genius for tricking these many people to pay attention to his vaporware game that gets released later this year. All this while getting Sony signal boosting him and even creating an unprecedented app for his game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

C'mon man!

- He got a blog post, which could have gone totally unnoticed.. like most of the blog posts on Playstation blog about indie games.. Sony "signal boosts" all kinds of indie projects.. they release their videos, their blog posts, etc.
- For some reason this blog post blew up.. that's it.. this wasn't actually promoted heavily in any way, it just got some attention and people immediately started theorizing about Kojima
- How is someone releasing a free demo "unprecedented"?

BTW he said the game isn't releasing this year anymore on his Twitter.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

C'mon man!
I think IntentionalPun IntentionalPun is playing contrarian for shits and giggles.

LOL @ your avatar change! Bravo, good sir! :pie_roffles:

Last edited:

hyperbertha

An app that reveals multiple playable trailers gradually nearing release date? Sony sure is going to extreme lengths for this asset flip. Is Jim Ryan gay? That's about the only explanation I can think of.

IntentionalPun

An app that reveals multiple playable trailers gradually nearing release date? Sony sure is going to extreme lengths for this asset flip. Is Jim Ryan gay? That's about the only explanation I can think of.
Sony isn't doing anything but approving an app published to their platform by an indie dev.. a free demo of sorts.. that the guy claims has nothing to do with his earlier material. You guys are inventing significance out of nothing.. Sony approves all kinds of crap. It just can't brick your console or contain like floppy dongs.

He also now says he has no release date... so there is no impending release.. he's claiming he wants to switch to UE5, which isn't even really available until next year.

The only thing unprecedented here is devs dont normally release apps that are just real time trailers... but why would Sony deny this free app from releasing?

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Everything in this guys history being thought of as "strange" is just him being full of shit... failed but real Kickstarter from 2015 complete with made up dev team (used stock photos, aren't real people)... multiple terrible releases under his belt, complete with a description that make them sound amazing... meanwhile he called himself a "AAA indie" on his investor page... the dude had the nerve to sell an "early access game" that just black screened for most buyers, but outside of that was apparently just a short demo of sorts... I want you all to have fun, I am a fun guy, at parties and stuff... but come with me, let's all laugh at how this guy is duping so many people instead, it's much more fun.
Google Translate is a longshot fluke that has a fraction of a percent of happening. The probability rapidly approaches zero with all the other coincidences added in.

Now, a better question is what would be the play for someone with no credentials, no visible financial backing, and no certainty that he could ever make it to this point where the ruse could be activated? I understand not believing it, because there's nothing concrete. That's logical. I don't think chalking up a series of unlikely coincidences as evidence of a scam makes any sense at all, as the timeline works far more logically in Kojima's favor than Kahraman's.

Kahraman would be lucky in a way that would make Dark Knight's Joker wince. Social media existed for the full length of this timeline, but at no prior point were any of the hints and innuendo unleashed, not even when he pitched a KS or early access on Steam, for projects that could have benefited from even a fraction of publicity that could be generated, back when Silent Hills was still freshly cancelled. Is he competent or incompetent?

hyperbertha

Sony isn't doing anything but approving an app published to their platform by an indie dev.. a free demo of sorts.. that the guy claims has nothing to do with his earlier material. You guys are inventing significance out of nothing.. Sony approves all kinds of crap. It just can't brick your console or contain like floppy dongs.

He also now says he has no release date... so there is no impending release.. he's claiming he wants to switch to UE5, which isn't even really available until next year.
Is their precedence for this?

bitbydeath

Can you answer a question for me, since you are ignoring that I'm asking for theories.

- Blue Box Studios released and charged for asset flip garbage on Steam, about 7-8 months ago

What is your theory for why, if they aren't just some asset flip garbage indie "studio"? How does that suggest in any way they are actually some indie "studio" making big games?
Because it’s something quick Kojima can put together to make it look like the studio was real. The fact it’s an asset flip and has few ties to anything gives credence to that.

IntentionalPun

Is their precedence for this?
For Sony approving software submitted to PSN?

Yes I believe so. (just kidding, but what exactly are you asking here?)

The cert programs for Sony/Microsoft let all kinds of stuff through, they massively lightened restrictions, particularly for indies.. and don't even charge them anymore under most circumstances. The smaller the indie, the greater the chance Sony will be forgiving for fees and the like.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned

To make it look authentic and real?

HK is a troll, nothing is surprising.

Didn't we all learn that with PT?

hyperbertha

For Sony approving software submitted to PSN?

Yes I believe so. (just kidding, but what exactly are you asking here?)

The cert programs for Sony/Microsoft let all kinds of stuff through, they massively lightened restrictions, particularly for indies.. and don't even charge them anymore under most circumstances. The smaller the indie, the greater the chance Sony will be forgiving for fees and the like.
I meant an app that hypes up release with extra functionality.. i've never heard anything like it. And I don't think they've ever personally hyped up an indie game with a blogpost.

IntentionalPun

I meant an app that hypes up release with extra functionality.. i've never heard anything like it. And I don't think they've ever personally hyped up an indie game with a blogpost.
He wrote the blog post; the PS blog has numerous blog posts written by devs big and small.. including for indie games you've never heard of. They submit the blog post and Sony approves it, they don't write them.

You wouldn't have heard of this one had this not gotten people's attention.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

To make it look authentic and real?

HK is a troll, nothing is surprising.

Didn't we all learn that with PT?
Releasing actual shit software for years? It's not just the one asset flip game on Steam.. there is a terrible Android app, and numerous iOS apps. Other started projects that never went anywhere too that he posted about on random websites, mostly no-name ones.

That makes no sense to me at all. Especially since they charged for the terrible Steam game..

PT and the fake dev was actually promoted, by real journalists.. and was even on TV IIRC (read something yesterday, maybe was just a big youtube channel with "TV" in the name, but I think it was on G4?)

I dont' see how any of that relates well to this situation where there is 6 years of garbage from this guy, and Sony lets him write a blog post that could have gone unnoticed like so many other blog posts.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

But I'll wait for new info to post more, I've said my piece and then some.

<3

Hyped up believer mod activated!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Releasing actual shit software for years? It's not just the one asset flip game on Steam.. there is a terrible Android app, and numerous iOS apps. Other started projects that never went anywhere too that he posted about on random websites, mostly no-name ones.

That makes no sense to me at all. Especially since they charged for the terrible Steam game..
Yet Sony awarded him a PS.blog spotlight for a video that wasn't even the game, supposedly.

Either he turned around into some banger shit they saw and liked since it's exclusive to them which requires a deal to be signed, or....
James Franco GIF

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Yet Sony awarded him a PS.blog spotlight for a video that wasn't even the game, supposedly.

Either he turned around into some banger shit they saw and liked since it's exclusive to them which requires a deal to be signed, or....
James Franco GIF
Bro I already stated my logic on this one.. leave me be!!!!

Did you not think the video was really cool BTW? The trailer that caused all this fuss?

IntentionalPun

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Do we know there's actual agreement or maybe he just decided to release on PS5 only? Cause there is no doubt he's trying to trick people into thinking this is Moby Dick 2.0.
Of course we don't know, but he passed a lot of chains to get to the blog. Then in an interview he said he was working with Sony since 2015 and it's exclusive to PS. You would think the lawyers would have went full agro if that weren't the case.

Like I said, if this was a whole big bunch of weird coincidences and it's a new IP by a supposed Indy dev with virtually no social media footprint in comparison to others since 2015, not even multiple pics of the guy or any studio shots, etc., then sweet. The original announcement trailer piqued my interest enough with that.

Last edited:

PT and the fake dev was actually promoted, by real journalists.. and was even on TV IIRC (read something yesterday, maybe was just a big youtube channel with "TV" in the name, but I think it was on G4?)

I dont' see how any of that relates well to this situation where there is 6 years of garbage from this guy, and Sony lets him write a blog post that could have gone unnoticed like so many other blog posts.

You are probably (95%) right, but I still fail to see why you are so invested in stopping the hype train. Let people enjoy the ride, and if it crashes, they will have only themselves to blame...

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
IntentionalPun, my advice don't engage with the crazies, just watch and enjoy the shitshow

Yes, don't engage with us. Get married to us. All of this can be yours. The electricity of the community. The theorizing. The love and respect for a cherished IP. Konami has been putting Silent Hill and gambling together for years. Is it not time for the fans to be the pachinko machines? ~The Otherworld, a new fantastic point of view~ SING WITH ME PUN DUDE AND ASSOCIATE DETRACTORS!

MastaKiiLA

Of course we don't know, but he passed a lot of chains to get to the blog. Then in an interview he said he was working with Sony since 2015 and it's exclusive to PS. You would think the lawyers would have went full agro if that weren't the case.

Like I said, if this was a whole big bunch of weird coincidences and it's a new IP by a supposed Indy deve with virtually no social media footprint in comparison to others since 2015, not even multiple pics of the guy or any studio shots, etc., then sweet. The original announcement trailer piqued my interest enough with that.
Yeah. I think he's an idiot for not using the ruse to draw attention to his Kickstarter or his Steam projects. There was no guarantee that he'd be able to get an audience on PS5, if he couldn't clear those low bars. The social media campaign only starting now means he gambled on his 3rd non-mobile offering being big enough to play his hand. It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Based on the amount of buzz generated right now, that would make him either clairvoyant, or the luckiest moron on the face of the earth. That or he's Kojima and knew he could whip people into a frenzy when the time was right.

Top Bottom