• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b6a6es

Banned
:unsure::unsure:
SU9R1nC.png
Either not real or was already deleted, I couldn’t find it in their twitter page

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
E4GnaFtXMAEVO7W
E4GnawKWUAMq_0i

Two games from Blue Box Game Studios on PS5 Store. One is first person and another is third person. From the descriptions it looks like its the same game but from different perspective. Two perspectives - Silent Hills?
Steam link for The Haunting.

It was pulled from sale, and the reviews aren't good because it was just a buggy short demo of sorts.

He also claims a "new developer" is working on it on PC... strange.. MYSTERIOUS!

Last edited:

Kingbmj

Banned
So just two questions not relating to any evidence but why has Konami not come out to refute this, like they did last year when everyone thought silent hill was getting teased? Also why would some no name indie developer only release a game for ps5 when compared to other platforms their is barely any people on it?

OneBigPuss

It was pulled from sale, and the reviews aren't good because it was just a buggy short demo of sorts.

He also claims a "new developer" is working on it on PC... strange.. MYSTERIOUS!
Yeah i saw the gameplay. "Sarah what dee fuuck" killed me xD. It's just fun speculations. I think this two games on ps store are just a cover for two other that's why both titles will be changed. It's not even about what it is or isn't. This shit is just entertaining as hell:messenger_poop:

IntentionalPun

Yeah i saw the gameplay. "Sarah what dee fuuck" killed me xD. It's just fun speculations. I think this two games on ps store are just a cover for two other that's why both titles will be changed. It's not even about what it is or isn't. This shit is just entertaining as hell:messenger_poop:
Where do the screenshots come from? I can't find them on the store.

bitbydeath

CreateQ is listed as the developer and publisher, now look at their website and tell me if you think that game which has undergone multiple names and platforms is real.

Hint: They have nothing to do with gaming.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
I didn't think there could be anything worse than the Battlefield 2042 marketing prior to E3. The fake/controlled leaks and "Soon" teases were so dumb.

This is competing with DiCE for the worst marketing campaign so far.

OneBigPuss

Where do the screenshots come from? I can't find them on the store.
I saw it in one reply post from blue box studios twitter. You can find it on Playstation 5 (or so the guy said). I don't have ps5 so i can't confirm it but someone else said he saw it too. Or maybe someone faked it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
CreateQ is listed as the developer and publisher, now look at their website and tell me if you think that game which has undergone multiple names and platforms is real.

But looks wildly Astro Bot-ish.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When you beat PT it plays a trailer for Silent Hills that’s running in real time,, that’s what I mean
Yep, real time in-engine, not a video file.

From what I gather, this one will be interactive (to the extent unknown) as well?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It was a real thing you could buy. So it was.. real... crap. lol It had several patches even, then several promises for updates that came late.. the kind of thing a crappy indie dev would do when trying to sell an EA game for $5.

I don't know why you really believe this CreateQ stuff either, or what you think it means anyways.

Dr Bass

I am not buying all of this necessarily but uhhh yeah that DID look a little bit like "duper's delight" at the end. If you don't know what that is, just look it up.

ABnormal

"If you look at his PS profile, there is this one number out of all the numbers that also happens to be the same number that appears in the title on a random unofficial YouTube video concerning Silent Hill."

"Hey, he also owns this one game that happens to feature a completely unrelated 3rd party character that for some reason to me reminds me about Silent Hill!"

"Hey, in 2015 he once posted the picture of a hand imprint. Since Death Stranding featured (differently designed) hand imprints, that means there must be a link!"

I see we finally went past the point of no return, where people stop looking at things with a critical eye and approach everything with the intent of finding links that by all accounts aren't there. There is no going back from here. See you all after the 20th when all of this nonsense will hopefully reach its natural end.
Of course every possible meaningful and meaningless correlation will be found. That's part of the fun. It doesn't happen often a global "investigation" about a game on the internet, and I hope it will continue to bring fun. The final outcome is not even important :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was a real thing you could buy. So it was.. real... crap. lol It had several patches even, then several promises for updates that came late.. the kind of thing a crappy indie dev would do when trying to sell an EA game for $5.

I don't know why you really believe this CreateQ stuff either, or what you think it means anyways.
Crappy Indy dev that has Sony and Geoff hook line and sinker though, amirite?

Dude is a damned genius!
Of course every possible meaningful and meaningless correlation will be found. That's part of the fun. It doesn't happen often a global "investigation" about a game on the internet, and I hope it will continue to bring fun. The final outcome is not even important :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

GHG

So explain how they go from that to where they are now in the space of 12 months.

bitbydeath

Did you ever buy it or anyone you know?
Nobody has come forward yet saying they have ever played it, and if you’re going by the comments then those could be easily faked too.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I guess the rumors and games are fun for people, so I can't hate.

I'll just check back in when they announce something real. Have fun.

IntentionalPun

So explain how they go from that to where they are now in the space of 12 months.
We've been over this.. all kinds of indie devs get blog posts/trailers posted.. they have an indie program with a low barrier of entry.

This all could have easily gone unnoticed; and wasn't really heavily promoted.. but then people saw it and speculated.

GHG

We've been over this.. all kinds of indie devs get blog posts/trailers posted.. they have an indie program with a low barrier of entry.

This all could have easily gone unnoticed; and wasn't really heavily promoted.. but then people saw it and speculated.

It's got to the stage now though where (whoever they are) if they don't have something significant then a lot of people are going down with them including Geoff Keighley and Sony for allowing them to do this over the last week or so.

bitbydeath

You can't fake "hours played" on Steam reviews.
You can if you’re the creator.
Edit: I’m not saying something didn’t exist, I’m saying it was never made public and the accounts with time played are other creator accounts.

AND none of this explains why the game that has knowingly undergone multiple names, descriptions and platforms has supposedly been past to a non-gaming company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom