• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I hoped Sony would show nearly everything on the horizon, I also have a strong feeling that some things were hold back intentionally, I mean we know now what Insomniac is working on, but expect for that there were no real surprises except the KOTOR remake, which is not first party.

We know also already some things which are coming but we’re left out, for example:

1. The confirmed new game from Santa Monica Studios with Cory at the helm.

2. Last of Us 2 factions

3. Horizon: This will surely show up again before the launch.

4. Newest Bluepoint games project (including no confirmation of the purchase of the Studio yet)

5. The highly rumored second game (muliplayer) from Guerilla games.

So there should be somethings more to show this year. Also the leaked project from Akira Yamaoka remains a secret. Since he said summer, we can now be sure, that this reveal has been delayed (Silent Hill or not).

I mean if I would be the person in charge of planning an event, I would also not put all my chips in the same show, spreading it will keep the hype. If you put everything in the same show, some things might be overshadowed and the conversations will also stop at one point. So the strategy is always that you carefully put things inside the show, until you feel you have put in enough to satisfy most fans and the rest will be kept in the vault for the future.

Last edited:
Also I don't know enough about Al Hub podcast, did they do many interviews?
The only ones I know they did were the following 3:

1. Akira Yamaoka

2. A person from Kojima productions

3. Hasan

So, if these are the only 3 people, it is very strange that only 3 people who are somehow connected to this whole thing got an interview.

We also shouldn't forget that the podcast which was supposed to feature the Hasan interview was at first advertised as having Konami as a sponsor. So the whole thing is more than suspicious. But team fake is always just thinking its all a series of some coincidences.

ParaSeoul

1. Akira Yamaoka

3. Hasan

So, if these are the only 3 people, it is very strange that only 3 people who are somehow connected to this whole thing got an interview.

We also shouldn't forget that the podcast which was supposed to feature the Hasan interview was at first advertised as having Konami as a sponsor. So the whole thing is more than suspicious. But team fake is always just thinking its all a series of some coincidences.
Although I hoped Sony would show nearly everything on the horizon, I also have a strong feeling that some things were hold back intentionally, I mean we know now what Insomniac is working on, but expect for that there were no real surprises except the KOTOR remake, which is not first party.

We know also already some things which are coming but we’re left out, for example:

1. The confirmed new game from Santa Monica Studios with Cory at the helm.

2. Last of Us 2 factions

3. Horizon: This will surely show up again before the launch.

4. Newest Bluepoint games project (including no confirmation of the purchase of the Studio yet)

5. The highly rumored second game (muliplayer) from Guerilla games.

So there should be somethings more to show this year. Also the leaked project from Akira Yamaoka remains a secret. Since he said summer, we can now be sure, that this reveal has been delayed (Silent Hill or not).

I mean if I would be the person in charge of planning an event, I would also not put all my chips in the same show, spreading it will keep the hype. If you put everything in the same show, some things might be overshadowed and the conversations will also stop at one point. So the strategy is always that you carefully put things inside the show, until you feel you have put in enough to satisfy most fans and the rest will be kept in the vault for the future.
Dude I'm still on team real but you gotta stop,this is an insane amount of cope.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Exactly I said from the start when it is revealed what Abandoned is, it has nothing to do with moving any goalposts. I was hoping for a reveal since it’s going on for too long but that didn’t happen, but Abandoned has also not be revealed yet (and neither the game Akira Yamioka teased), so anything could still happen.

I think it also wouldn’t be too strange for Kojima to drag this out intentionally, so that less and less people think it’s real, because the surprise will be even bigger in the end.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Exactly I said from the start when it is revealed what Abandoned is, it has nothing to do with moving any goalposts.

Bro we had 3 days of you saying stuff like this last week:

Rofl, so the tweet from AlHub is not true or a big coincidence? I am looking forward to Thursday to see Team Fake trying to explain that what we saw is not Abandoned related…

You seemed pretty certain that last Thursday would be the big day.. even going as far as to basically be insulting towards anyone who didn't think so lol

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

It boils down to this

1. is Kojima involved with the new SH, or is he just doing DS2?
  2. Does Hassan have anything to do with the MGS & SH remake

We'll probably find out by the end of the year

You seemed pretty certain that last Thursday would be the big day.. even going as far as to basically be insulting towards anyone who didn't think so lol
I don’t really think I insulted anyone.

And yes they got me good with their tweet, I was almost certain it must be there because I don’t think they want to risk their reputation by telling obvious lies. And I still think they were certain it would be there because they know something bigger is going on, but don’t know when it will be revealed.

Looking back it was foolish to think it would be there, because the tweet from Kojima about getting ready was clearly trolling from his side and if he would have been, he would not spoil it. Additionally thinking about it, why would they announce their new game so short before Death Stranding DC, that would have certainly kill the hype for DC to a certain degree.

I checked the rumors about the playstation experience in December, of course we can't be sure if it is true or not, but it would make sense and the leaker got some things right in the past.
According to the same rumor, they will announce a new Japan based studio there and also present PSVR2, it is also rumored to be bigger in scope.

If this is true and they announce a brand new studio, there is probably a stage segment to the show, where some people can speak. So if that is the case it would be a perfect setup for the reveal of this whole thing with Kojima coming to stage.

Well this time I try to keep my expectations in check, since I have been disappointed often enough. And if there is no reveal in December or any significant news about Abandoned, I am out.

EruditeHobo

...I don’t think they want to risk their reputation by telling obvious lies...

...the tweet from Kojima about getting ready was clearly trolling from his side...

These aren't obvious lies, and that isn't Kojima trolling.

Again, this is a problem with how you are assessing and drawing very specious, unsupported conclusions from disparate facts and public statements. This isn't my opinion... your own behavior demonstrates this.

Last edited:
These aren't obvious lies, and that isn't Kojima trolling.

Again, this is a problem with how you are assessing and drawing very specious, unsupported conclusions from disparate facts and public statements. This isn't my opinion... your own behavior demonstrates this.
Are we seeing the same tweet? He (or in this case his assistant) sent out a tweet where he gets his hair done preparing himself for something on the very same day of the showcase. How are the odds for this just to be a coincidence. If you check this tweet got a lot of replies and all automatically assumed it must be for the showcase.

Kojima is not stupid and he would know not to send this tweet at the day of the event not to give the wrong impression, because otherwise there is literally no point for this tweet.

I agree that sometimes it draw to quickly and wrong impressions and assumptions from some of his tweets, but this one was an intentional troll.

1. Akira Yamaoka

3. Hasan

Its gonna be team bloober silent hill. Someone posted a twitter feed in 2018 where team bloober made a proposal with masahiro Ito and ito obliged.

Its gonna be team bloober silent hill. Someone posted a twitter feed in 2018 where team bloober made a proposal with masahiro Ito and ito obliged.
As already mentioned by ParaSeoul according to multiple rumors 2 Silent Hill projects are in the works.
I think it is highly unlikely that the one Akira Yamaoka teased is the blooper one because the blooper one is probably still in early development and the original reveal was planned for this summer.

Additionally, Yamaoka-san may think differently, but the blooper Silent hill is not the game "everyone hopes to hear about", but rather the one everyone hopes not to hear about.

As already mentioned by ParaSeoul according to multiple rumors 2 Silent Hill projects are in the works.
I think it is highly unlikely that the one Akira Yamaoka teased is the blooper one because the blooper one is probably still in early development and the original reveal was planned for this summer.

Additionally, Yamaoka-san may think differently, but the blooper Silent hill is not the game "everyone hopes to hear about", but rather the one everyone hopes not to hear about.
Yamaoka said that he had two projects with bloober. One was the medium, the other is not yet known. Plus, i dont think yamaoka knows what the fanbase really wants. In his mind a silent hill revival is what people want not just silent hills in general

For the record, i think theres two new silent hill games, i just dont think kojima is behind it

SkylineRKR

I don’t really think I insulted anyone.

And yes they got me good with their tweet, I was almost certain it must be there because I don’t think they want to risk their reputation by telling obvious lies. And I still think they were certain it would be there because they know something bigger is going on, but don’t know when it will be revealed.

Looking back it was foolish to think it would be there, because the tweet from Kojima about getting ready was clearly trolling from his side and if he would have been, he would not spoil it. Additionally thinking about it, why would they announce their new game so short before Death Stranding DC, that would have certainly kill the hype for DC to a certain degree.

This is all assuming there is something going on in the first place, which you don't and can not know. Its also assuming Kojima has nothing else to do and no other meetings ever. And that Kojima doesn't just enjoy sharing tweets but solely does it with an agenda. From those assumptions, you conveniently call him a troll and even go on about damaged reputations if this and that didn't happen. All of these opinions and assumptions are based on some sort of ARG going on in your head. That started like, last spring and has been dropped at the gaming press since like early summer and 3 events later?

I just hope for you there is really something to be found here, because its getting kind of embarrassing honestly.

Last edited:
The Bloober Silent Hill is already known about. There are two SH games in development right now,one by Bloober and the other by a "prominent Japanese developer".

They are just outsourced Konami games. We probably won't see them at a Playstation Event. Hopefully they are good, and Konami is ready soon. Hopefully the Blober Silent Hill has Masahiro Ito designs and Akira Yamaoka OST. I'm going to have an open mind and try to enjoy it when it comes out.

Last edited:

Kdad

It’s good to see this thread resigned to the 3rd page now we have some actual games to talk about. I feel like this was perfectly timed in a vacuum of basically very little news. I’ve deleted the app a week or so ago and given up on this now. I was played like a damn fiddle.
So you're not seeing this shit that just happened on the app!

HOLY FUCK!

kidding...nothing happened

Does that mean the official Playstation account will also announce when the patch is ready, seems a little bit strange?

He also mentioned in another tweet that all questions should be answered when the thing gets revealed. But if it is really just an indie game, I would still have a million unanswered questions...

Last edited:
This is still very suspicious of you think that the thumbnail depends on the firmware version, since for most other games it does not matter.

That and the tweet from Hasan were he said when the new patch is released, it will be also mentioned by PlayStation official, whatever he means with that.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is still very suspicious of you think that the thumbnail depends on the firmware version, since for most other games it does not matter.

That and the tweet from Hasan were he said when the new patch is released, it will be also mentioned by PlayStation official, whatever he means with that.
"Official Playstation" is what the store is called. Hasan updates the dumb "news" section nobody ever really looks at.

Finding the thumbnail thing "suspicious"? lol.. it's an odd quirk in the new firmware.. but likely something explainable by devs. Perhaps you supply multiple thumbnails at different sizes when you submit to PlayStation (for display in different places, on the machine, mobile, web site, etc.) and most games use the same image but different sizes... Abandoned RTE and others don't.

That's incredibly normal (the multiple sizes of thumbnails) for any sort of environment to deploy to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom