• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommib

Sometimes I wonder if this is an AI, why the fuck is he answering in a language he clearly put through google translate, why not answering in English, where the other person can use google translate to understand it and most other people will also understand.
Because the question is in Turkish?

Jack Uzi

Banned
You know you can translate it on the tweet right,are team fake standards this low right now
New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU
You don’t see the irony in your post?
You’re team real and shaming other people’s standards. Look in the mirror dude you will see a clown.

Withnail

Sometimes I wonder if this is an AI, why the fuck is he answering in a language he clearly put through google translate, why not answering in English, where the other person can use google translate to understand it and most other people will also understand.

That's Turkish, Hasan's native language lol.

I assume it's not him that used Google Translate but whoever translated the exchange for us.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's just a bad translation.

Go to google translate and translate the individual words:

Oyuna = game
calisiyoruz = we are working
iste = at work

Google translate gets really fucked up trying to interpret phrases. The guy just said "I was thinking about this last night, WTF are you up to Hasan".. and Hasan says "We are at work working on the game."

Totally worthy of half a page of comments lol

HASAN IS AN AI THOUGH CLEARLY!

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
These tweets means Hasan is a real Turkish indie developer, who knows video game journalist/youtuber Murat Sonmez from Turkey. So Kojima not behind this project, which is sucks.

#TeamWhatever

Airbus Jr

Banned
If kojima have some respect for the fans he shouldve confirmed that this is fake/real debunked/acknowlegde his involvement imediately and not left the fans waiting in agony

That this hasan karahman figure is just an impostor and liar

It is not good playing with people heart and emotion

My respect for him has really gone now for treating everyone like this

All of this waiting game seems like a cruel game where everyone traps in limbo

I think its best for everyone to admit that this game doesnt exist and move along with it cos theres plenty other great games waiting for you

Last edited:

baphomet

If kojima have some respect for the fans he shouldve confirmed that this is fake/real and not left the fans waiting in agony

It is not good playing with people emotion and expectation

I think its best for everyone to acknowledge that this game doesnt exist and move along with it cos theres plenty other great games waiting for you

This game is so far below him he doesn't even care to acknowledge it. And if he did it would just be giving some grifter's game the spotlight, which he isn't going to do. There's a giant message from the beginning saying none of this is related in any way to Kojima.

tommib

This game is so far below him he doesn't even care to acknowledge it. And if he did it would just be giving some grifter's game the spotlight, which he isn't going to do. There's a giant message from the beginning saying none of this is related in any way to Kojima.
Here, here. This is all so beneath Kojima that he doesn’t want to give Hasan the Master of Dutch Potheads and Smoker of Big Joints any relevance. Someone must’ve told him about the conspiracies and he must’ve said That’s funny. And forgot about it the second after and continued to finish his cryptic psycho babble dialogue for Death Stranding 2.

IntentionalPun

Kojima "No, I have nothing to do with Abandoned, or Hasan Kamahran."

Team Real "OMG THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID LAST TIME.. KOJIMA IS HASAN CONFIRMED!"

The reality is nobody should comment on any of this crap... Geoff K repeatedly said he knows nothing, and the fact the chucklefuck, who rarely stops smiling, was smiling, was used to say "SEE HE CLEARLY KNOWS SOMETHING!"

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

My enthusiasm is at an all time low. Kinda forgot about abandoned the last week. I still have the trailer experience on my ps5 and but.... whatever.

That's Turkish, Hasan's native language lol.
That is not correct, in the beginning of this whole thing, Hasan tried to write something in Turkish and said his Turkish is worse than google translate. Some people also noted that it sounded word for word what google translate would output.

So we are changing now the narrative that he is a native turkish speaker?

But yes, I will admit that it would make sense for him to write in Turkish to honor his father or mother’s country. On the other hand someone pretending to be him would act the same way, so we cannot judge based on this.

Last edited:
I will not give up so easily like some other former team real members. Kojima san once said you first have to deceive your audience if I remember correctly and I think that is what is happening right now. He is deceiving the audience.

If it is really Kojima san involved, I am sure he wants the reveal to be the perhaps biggest surprise in video game history and it just isn’t enough if a high number of people believe it’s him. Just imagine how big the surprise for the people (especially the ones who jumped to team fake) would be if it turns out real. Nearly everyone would be like: Oh my god, I cannot believe it was him all this time.

Like I mentioned if it’s not him, I will accept defeat, but at the moment I have a strong feeling that this is his goal.

ParaSeoul

These tweets means Hasan is a real Turkish indie developer, who knows video game journalist/youtuber Murat Sonmez from Turkey. So Kojima not behind this project, which is sucks.

#TeamWhatever
I've said it several times before it doesn't have to be Kojima,most people who believe went with that because hes done similar things before. Looks like it just might be Sony trying to emulate something similar,I'm thinking Cory Barlog might be involved considering he directly acknowledged it and is confirmed not to be directing GOW Ragnarok.

Zannegan

I will not give up so easily like some other former team real members. Kojima san once said you first have to deceive your audience if I remember correctly and I think that is what is happening right now. He is deceiving the audience.

If it is really Kojima san involved, I am sure he wants the reveal to be the perhaps biggest surprise in video game history and it just isn’t enough if a high number of people believe it’s him. Just imagine how big the surprise for the people (especially the ones who jumped to team fake) would be if it turns out real. Nearly everyone would be like: Oh my god, I cannot believe it was him all this time.

Like I mentioned if it’s not him, I will accept defeat, but at the moment I have a strong feeling that this is his goal.
Well, one thing's for sure, if it does end up being a Kojima guerilla advertising project, you will be entitled to host one of the biggest "Told you so" crow dinners this site has ever seen. Lol.

ParaSeoul

Well, one thing's for sure, if it does end up being a Kojima guerilla advertising project, you will be entitled to host one of the biggest "Told you so" crow dinners this site has ever seen. Lol.
People have been saying its over for weeks now when we know just as much now as we did back then. No one seems to be able to answer how some guy got an app that did nothing through to PSN,you can argue they've let terrible games on there before but the difference is they were games not a menu that did nothing for weeks until an update.

It would make me say, “wow, that was so fucking dumb and a huge waste of time. Kojima is an idiot.”

So Kojima spent loads of time and money paying a crap developer to make more crap and piss people off even more and pretend to be him, so he can reveal it was him all along after everyone has abandoned ship and been right pissed off with the whole thing.

it would be the dumbest marketing campaign in history, a colossal waste of time and money.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

I feel like it's already much less exciting than PT. That one was great idea - play some strange horror game from unknown creator, get confused and spooked... and then BAM! It's grand revival of known horror IP. This must have been exciting and blood pumping, this is just annoying.

SkylineRKR

It would make me say, “wow, that was so fucking dumb and a huge waste of time. Kojima is an idiot.”

So Kojima spent loads of time and money paying a crap developer to make more crap and piss people off even more and pretend to be him, so he can reveal it was him all along after everyone has abandoned ship and been right pissed off with the whole thing.

it would be the dumbest marketing campaign in history, a colossal waste of time and money.

Especially since pretty much every single outlet abanonded (pun) this rumor once it became apparent there wasn't some obvious goal in sight. There is absolutely zero reason to persist an ARG the way like this is going. It doesn't benefit anyone, also not the developer.

To me its been long obvious there is nothing to see. BBGS is just what it is, a wannabe developer with a record of not releasing stuff. I reckon we won't even get to play Abandoned in any state. It'll probably fade away and no one bats an eye.

ParaSeoul

Especially since pretty much every single outlet abanonded (pun) this rumor once it became apparent there wasn't some obvious goal in sight. There is absolutely zero reason to persist an ARG the way like this is going. It doesn't benefit anyone, also not the developer.

To me its been long obvious there is nothing to see. BBGS is just what it is, a wannabe developer with a record of not releasing stuff. I reckon we won't even get to play Abandoned in any state. It'll probably fade away and no one bats an eye.
Then why are you still here?

Let’s be honest here, although some people say so here, if it is Kojima and we get Silent Hills no one will be really pissed or angry at Kojima (well perhaps some XBOX fans, but they would be pissed either way).

The thing for me is, there is so much unknown stuff / inexplainable things (go the extra mile to make an app, get it on the store, Sony not interfering…) that it has to be more than just some indie.

So why Kojima:
1. The name, that’s an 1:350 chance of a coincidence already.
2. If Cory or some other developer behind it, why would they use all these Kojima references (the guy with the eye patch, Setting a small island (=Kojima) as a profile picture).
3. Which other developer is famous for such things.
4. The rumor was that besides Blooper another prominent Japanese developer is working on a Silent Hill project. This also means that it is not Cory.

Let’s be honest here, although some people say so here, if it is Kojima and we get Silent Hills no one will be really pissed or angry at Kojima (well perhaps some XBOX fans, but they would be pissed either way).

The thing for me is, there is so much unknown stuff / inexplainable things (go the extra mile to make an app, get it on the store, Sony not interfering…) that it has to be more than just some indie.

So why Kojima:
1. The name, that’s an 1:350 chance of a coincidence already.
2. If Cory or some other developer behind it, why would they use all these Kojima references (the guy with the eye patch, Setting a small island (=Kojima) as a profile picture).
3. Which other developer is famous for such things.
4. The rumor was that besides Blooper another prominent Japanese developer is working on a Silent Hill project. This also means that it is not Cory.
1. Where is this statistics math 1:350 chance of Hasan Karahman being named Hasan Karahman coming from? Who is doing this math?
2. there is no one behind it other than Hasan. They used the Kojima references because they wanted to build up hype, and they are dumb, not realizing that this kind of fake hyping things up can backfire.
3. Hasan Karahman is famous now for being a moron.
4. And? It was a rumour, and there are many Japanese developers.

No one thinks Cory Barlog is pretending he's fucking Hasan Kahraman. This is even dumber than thinking it's Kojima, if that's possible.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I've said it several times before it doesn't have to be Kojima,most people who believe went with that because hes done similar things before. Looks like it just might be Sony trying to emulate something similar,I'm thinking Cory Barlog might be involved considering he directly acknowledged it and is confirmed not to be directing GOW Ragnarok.
happy lip sync battle GIF by Paramount Network

NeonDelta

1. Where is this statistics math 1:350 chance of Hasan Karahman being named Hasan Karahman coming from? Who is doing this math?
2. there is no one behind it other than Hasan. They used the Kojima references because they wanted to build up hype, and they are dumb, not realizing that this kind of fake hyping things up can backfire.
3. Hasan Karahman is famous now for being a moron.
4. And? It was a rumour, and there are many Japanese developers.

No one thinks Cory Barlog is pretending he's fucking Hasan Kahraman. This is even dumber than thinking it's Kojima, if that's possible.
this man is doing the math...

Maybe it has something to do with this? Maybe he got the ball rolling.

Well if you look up how many common family names in Turkish there are it’s actually more than 350, but I settled to 350 to be conservative.
Like I mentioned multiple times, it is not common knowledge that Japanese names have meanings, especially not what Kojima means. So I think it is unlikely that Hasan knows about it, unless he read about it somewhere, but if it is him, I have to applaud him for being that creative.
I for sure don’t believe it’s Cory and I just brought up some rumors and references to disproof this theory.

IntentionalPun

I’m pretty sure Hideo Kojima knows what his name means; and it does not mean Hero, which is what Kahraman means in Turkish.

So the whole idea that he would somehow have messed that up is just a bit ludicrous. It’s what you get when you type the English letters “hideo” into google translate which then converts to romaji. (which doesn’t represent Hideos specific Kanji)

Why would Kojima do that? Why would he even think his name would translate that way to Turkish?

Coincidences usually are just that… coincidences.

Lol
If kojima have some respect for the fans he shouldve confirmed that this is fake/real debunked/acknowlegde his involvement imediately and not left the fans waiting in agony

That this hasan karahman figure is just an impostor and liar

It is not good playing with people heart and emotion

I think its best for everyone to admit that this game doesnt exist and move along with it cos theres plenty other great games waiting for you
Lol the moment kojima comments about that, do you really expect it to get better? People here would dissect it and say " kojima is just saying that to throw people off". He honestly has no obligation to address this because for one, this was all made up in the heads of people who thought this was some weird ass arg kojima made and two, the moment he addresses this, he'll be brought in this weird shitshow

I’m pretty sure Hideo Kojima knows what his name means; and it does not mean Hero, which is what Kahraman means in Turkish.

So the whole idea that he would somehow have messed that up is just a bit ludicrous. It’s what you get when you type the English letters “hideo” into google translate which then converts to romaji. (which doesn’t represent Hideos specific Kanji)

Why would Kojima do that? Why would he even think his name would translate that way to Turkish?

Coincidences usually are just that… coincidences.
I meant that fact, that he appears to know that Kojima translates to small island, which he uses as a Profile picture.

I know about Hideos kanji’s and it’s meaning as well, since I live in Japan and can speak the Language.

I just think Irvin’s strange that he knew the meaning of Kojima and set it up as a profile picture.

About the fact that his family name translates to Hideo, it is just a fact that google translate translates it like this, so I think it would be a rather big coincidence, especially since that was discovered after the whole theory already started.

Top Bottom