• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KiNeMz

Banned
There is no fucking game. He doesn't know how to make a proper game, he never did, and he doesn't have a development team behind him.

He has simultaneously been stating that the game has not even started development ("Sony needed something to show NOW, he had absolutely nothing ready so he took random assets and sent those for the teaser") and that it has been in development for years with external funding. He keeps saying he's just an indie developer, but he also says he's working with 7 other studios.

He's a clueless idiot who is just faking it till he makes it. The only thing he made, however, is attract FAR more attention than he can manage, and now he doesn't know what to do, so he's buying himself time while trying to defuse the situation (pretty unsuccessfully, I might add). "Oh, you'll see the game on the 22nd." "Oh, the app is delayed." "Oh, even when it launches the app will be empty, the game will come later".

The reason why everybody who tries to speak with him comes out more confused than before is that they expect to be talking to the head of a developer studio with a project in the pipeline, but he has so little of a clue of what he's doing and saying that he can't even come up with a straight story about his non-existent game that doesn't contradict itself multiple times over. Imagine calling an architect for an interview about their new bridge project, but picking up the phone is a baker who attempts to bullshit his way through the discussion by saying that his budget is 10 times what you would expect for a similar work, that he is being helped by 20 aides but can't produce the name of a single one of them, and that he outsourced the concrete-casting process to what turns out to be a car dealer.

The only unsolved mystery in all of this is how can Sony's vetting process to decide which indie games are admitted on their store have gotten even worse than in the PS4 era, despite the very loud alarm bell that must have rung in some higher-up's ears after Life of Black tiger and the Gilson B. Pontes games became a meme for being even shittier than your average Steam Greenlight nonsense.
That's easy to explain. He is an actor and Sony have greenlit this Kojima marketing mayhem.

Javthusiast

Banned
Ultimately, Kojima doesn't need Konami or Silent Hill.

He can easily create a follow up to P.T and with the ideas he had for Silent Hills, with adjustments, put them into a new horror ip.

Everybody will be excited for it regardless because it will be Kojima and horror. Not because it specifically is Silent Hill.

Silent Hill is niche anyway when it comes to the mainstream gaming world, never even outselling Resident Evil.

GHG

There is no fucking game. He doesn't know how to make a proper game, he never did, and he doesn't have a development team behind him.

He has simultaneously been stating that the game has not even started development ("Sony needed something to show NOW, he had absolutely nothing ready so he took random assets and sent those for the teaser") and that it has been in development for years with external funding. He keeps saying he's just an indie developer, but he also says he's working with 7 other studios.

He's a clueless idiot who is just faking it till he makes it. The only thing he made, however, is attract FAR more attention than he can manage, and now he doesn't know what to do, so he's buying himself time while trying to defuse the situation (pretty unsuccessfully, I might add). "Oh, you'll see the game on the 22nd." "Oh, the app is delayed." "Oh, even when it launches the app will be empty, the game will come later".

The reason why everybody who tries to speak with him comes out more confused than before is that they expect to be talking to the head of a developer studio with a project in the pipeline, but he has so little of a clue of what he's doing and saying that he can't even come up with a straight story about his non-existent game that doesn't contradict itself multiple times over. Imagine calling an architect for an interview about their new bridge project, but picking up the phone is a baker who attempts to bullshit his way through the discussion by saying that his budget is 10 times what you would expect for a similar work, that he is being helped by 20 aides but can't produce the name of a single one of them, and that he outsourced the concrete-casting process to what turns out to be a car dealer.

The only unsolved mystery in all of this is how can Sony's vetting process to decide which indie games are admitted on their store have gotten even worse than in the PS4 era, despite the very loud alarm bell that must have rung in some higher-up's ears after Life of Black tiger and the Gilson B. Pontes games became a meme for being even shittier than your average Steam Greenlight nonsense.

Team fake, no need to be so angry.

Calm Down Chill Out GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What the hell.. I was too quick at reading all their info 😂 my bad!
Can you find some income information for Nuare? Cause I'm finding it very hard to believe they only make 200 bucks per piece. It ain't Fiverr 😂

I'm sure they have some contracts worth far more; then they pay artists a fraction of that.

Look at the company on LinkedIn; it appears to be the owner, a manager, and a producer:

Everyone else is listed is a freelancer, who just has nuare as one of the many companies they work for. There is 1 in the US, 1 in Germany.. 2 in Ukraine, 1 in Estonia, 1 in Russia, and 1 in the Philipines.

They don't appear to have any full time employees doing art.. which again, isn't a bash on them.. they likely do pretty well, have some great connections due to the owners past jobs, etc.

But they also might do smaller jobs they don't highlight on their web site.

And hell.. Hasan got a PS Blog post for his cheap asset flip.. maybe he leveraged that into a bit of funding? Who knows? There's a million and one explanations for this.. but his entire past does not add up to someone running a real company with 10 employees hiring voice actors and the like.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I tweeted Shu, no reply last time I checked.
I think I tweeted less than 30 minutes ago, so I'll keep an eye, but I doubt Shuhei will reply.
Well Dutch developers usually start tweeting around this time so I imagine Japanese people involved in gaming will be tweeting in another 15 hours.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Shu is in charge of PlayStation indies right? Why has he not tweeted a single thing about Blue Box or ‘Abandoned’?? come on you trolls I’m waiting..
i get your point and agree, but what is stopping him from doing so though*? it's already being marketed as an indie even if a ruse.

*a little too direct maybe? false marketing legalese by being directly from sony themselves?

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I have also considered this side of the argument and honestly I can see it being the case.

Which is actually pretty exciting because the fall out would be fascinating and we’ll probably end up with a new silent hill simply as this has shown the demand for it.

bitbydeath

Gold Member

He can easily create a follow up to P.T and with the ideas he had for Silent Hills, with adjustments, put them into a new horror ip.

Everybody will be excited for it regardless because it will be Kojima and horror. Not because it specifically is Silent Hill.

Silent Hill is niche anyway when it comes to the mainstream gaming world, never even outselling Resident Evil.
What if Sony bought the IP so they could also make movies with it?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Exactly my point. I don't know that I would say "fuel to the fire" totally, but I mean...if it really isn't anything to do with this gigantic rumor, at least ONE OF YOU could step up and bail the poor guy out after that video he posted and end it for good.

Nothing. Why? It's a wonder..

Konami and Kojima Productions have added fuel to this fire though.

Looks like Kojima has woke back up around this same time again.

OrionNebula

This guy is claiming he's talked to Hasan:

Everybody claiming to have talked to Hasan are acting so fucking weird and out of character to me, all of a sudden

This guy here, Geoff’s mug from a few days ago, on top of my list (and have mentioned it a few dozen pages ago)
All of them appear more clueless than prior to the talk, too, to the point I find it just strange

Not saying it means something, though. Just something peculiar I’ve been wondering about…

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member

This.

He was interested in horror theme just after the end of Death Stranding development, even if all this is not related to him or/and Silent Hill, I bet that his next game will be horror anyway.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
If someone wanted and were able to make a cgi faux interview today with a completely unknown "person" - would anyone really be able distinguish whether it was real or faked?

Notice how Hasans eyes move slowly when he shift his view point instead of flicking like one would expect - or how his back teeth perfectly reflects light?

TIyDZgV.jpg

Source: Twitter

EstmLHP.jpg

Source: thispersondoesnotexist dot com

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
If someone wanted and were able to make a cgi faux interview today with a completely unknown "person" - would anyone really be able distinguish whether it was real or faked?

Notice how Hasans eyes move slowly when he shift his view point instead of flicking like one would expect - or how his back teeth perfectly reflects light?

TIyDZgV.jpg

EstmLHP.jpg

Why did you pick a bad picture from there that looks fake because of the glasses lol? He's another that has better glasses.
4g86ywx.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This is all a big metaphor for The Phantom Pain. The storyline is too similar. Hasan = Punished Snake, the heir and inherited burden bearer of Big Boss, a man he respects but ultimately has nothing to do with beyond a role in the same industry. Blessed with his accomplishments but cursed with his sins as well, his entire existence is a reminder that his name is only remembered for deeds he didn't accomplish.

Take into account the kotodama, or the power of words, the spirit of the very syllables we speak and the memetic churning and transforming of one concept into another like the telephone game until the initial words spoken have lost all of their original meaning and intent, and you've even got shades of MGS2.

This is totally SH (#Believe, #TeamReal) but sometimes I feel like the narrative has surpassed the medium and we're simultaneously playing chapter three of MGSV.

BASED KOJIMA-SAMA

Barakov

TIyDZgV.jpg

EstmLHP.jpg

That Joakim Morgen mask was pretty convincing. Imagine what Kojima could do with deep fake technology.
Luciano Spalletti Omg GIF by AS Roma

Corndog

Banned

What if it’s an Xbox exclusive?

schaft0620

Ok get this, they went out of their way to scrub the metadata out of the image on their site (the company logo image lol).

For anyone who knows anything about web development, this hurts your SEO and serves only a negative functional purpose. There's no reason to do this. The SEO on their site is very bad and detrimental to accomplishing anything.

They are on a shared hosting service and use a 3rd party click counter (not Google analytics) this would be another way to hide who they are.

How their public DNS is layed out is like its a re-direct site too.

This is totally a fake site, no doubt.

Last edited:
Can you list/cite these 30-40 theories? If not let's dispense with the hyperbole. As far as I've read/followed it's only a handful of individual theories at best.

Geoff followed BlueBox games almost instantly and also instantly took a screenshot of a "random indie" dev that reached out to him and sat on it for a while. Do you honestly think that's standard behaviour for Geoff? He must get numerous unsolicited requests from no-name indie devs on a daily basis, all wanting the industries primo hype man to just give them 1/10th of the attention he's given Hasan. How many do you think he obliges? 0. And yet he did it for this failed dev.

Yeah yeah we know, Life Of Black Tiger. It's all anyone ever cites.

1) It was just a trailer published on Sony's Youtube. Not a full spread blog post like with this game
2) It wasn't a ground up game made for Playstation, it was a port of an already released mobile game.
3) It was released by a dev that at least had some establishment. They'd released hundreds of mobile games in the past and racked up million of downloads.

Can you show be Sony promoting a game on their blog by a developer with as little experience (with that experience being failure) as Blue Box?

Their portfolio of "games" is as follows:
A games that they marketed but never released.
A game they did a Kickstarter for that flopped spectacularly that they then pulled and said went into "private funding". Never released.
A mobile game that they briefly released and then pulled
One poorly received barely one man and his dog downloaded Steam game. Also announced for PS but never released.

LOADS of undergraduates at University (never mind outright hobbyists) have better game making resumes/portfolios than that. Are they also able to get PS Blog posts and grab the attention of Geoff?
All of this is exactly why giving it time isn't even worth it. It's basically all but confirmed fake and you still have people finding evidence off random correlations. Just enjoy the game for what it is. But if you want to keep finding evidence for something that is already proven fake have fun. I guess thats the basis of all conspiracies.

kyliethicc

Ok get this, they went out of their way to scrub the metadata out of the image on their site (the company logo image lol).

For anyone who knows anything about web development, this hurts your SEO and serves only a negative functional purpose. There's no reason to do this. The SEO on their site is very bad and detrimental to accomplishing anything.

They are on a shared hosting service and use a 3rd party click counter (not Google analytics) this would be another way to hide who they are.

How their public DNS is layed out is like its a re-direct site too.

This is totally a fake site, no doubt.
As someone who has no idea about that stuff, I gotta ask - can you explain all this a bit more?

Their site screams bullshit, thats for sure.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Nuare tweet was scheduled with a bot. None of the others that I checked did that. Time is off too. That blue box tweet is really unique many ways. Why would that be?

Last edited:
Top Bottom