• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred Symbols |OT| PS, I Still Love You

Thanks. I can barely rub two brain cells together because of these threads. lol
200.gif

Yeap.

I'm in IT and we had people literally yanking their monitors off their stands in the office and shoving them into the trunks of their cars to work from home.
Long lines of users needing keyboards, cables and other shit. Our call volumes went through the roof cause users didn't know what a VPN was and how to connect to it.
Some dude didn't even know what a router was.

March - May 2020 was complete and utter chaos for our department as we scrambled to setup users to work from home.

I've always thought it must be twice as hard for game developers to make the transition since they must be working with specialized kit. Here in the office a bog standard HP laptop and shitty old Samsung monitor will do the job.

It's ironic how tech has been such a big part of our life and covid completely exposed how unprepared we were for an all online future.

I think one of the biggest issue I remember was hearing all the complaints about people not being able to connect to the org network

At our place if you forgot your password you could only change it on-site as they didn't have a remote password chance facility. Took like a month after lockdown to get it set up and of course staff need help changing their password on-site so you can imagine the shitshow of them having to do that outside of work

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Everything Colin said was 100% spot on.

I actually didn't listen to it, I just get a kick out of how fired up gamers get because of someone's opinion. That caffeine energy is legit.

Kokoloko85

Lol Colin isnt always right. He thought the switch was gonna be a failure.

In 2020 and 2021 theres been Final Fantasy 7 remake, Ghosts of Tsushima, TLOU2, Demon Souls, Sackboy, Astroboy, Spiderman MM, All star racing, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank and possibly Horizon 2.

In 2022 theres gonna be GT7, God of War Ragnarok and Final Fantasy 16.

People need to chill, including Colin, as Playstation is doing alot more exclusives than the competition. What has the compeition released in the same time frame?

Wait till e3

Gamerguy84

That was hard to watch. Someone get that man some cheese to go with that.

• MS has tons of money to throw around. They've spent billions, more than 7.5
  • Sony is quiet until they're not. I wish they were more vocal as well
  • MS can't make enough series x either
  • No idea what Lair and Haze is doing in this conversation

Keihart

Bullshit.

A true fan shows faith in the brand and that it will deliver as it has been doing so for the last 2 decades.

A true fan is in touch with reality and knows that Covid has affected everything from stock shortages to development times for games. All reliable insiders are saying most games are heavily delayed because of this but I don't need a fucking insider to tell me that. Logic and reasoning in today's current climate with a pandemic on our hands tells me enough.

A true fan will also understand that PS and Xbox roadmaps for both consoles may have been seriously affected by Covid.

A true fan will also know that both platforms doesn't have any compelling software and won't for a year or more. See reason above.
Disagree, i don't own shit to this companies for being a fan of their games. Why would i have "faith" if they show no signs on caring about the customer and what they want.

Closing Japan Studios = Fuck everyone who like their IPS like Gravity Rush, Siren, etc
Closing PS3 /Vita Store= Fuck everyone that still uses this consoles, fuck them for triying to access their legacy libraries.
70 USD= fuck people that prefer our console, you are dumbasses and are gonna pay whatever we ask for.

Why anyone owns any kind of "faith" to a company making this decisions? Are they about to go bankrupt thus need sympathy for this actions? i don't think so and they haven't said so either.

Last edited:

Markio128

Disagree, i don't own shit to this companies for being a fan of their games. Why would i have "faith" if they show no signs on caring about the customer and what they want.

Closing Japan Studios = Fuck everyone who like their IPS like Gravity Rush, Siren, etc
Closing PS3 /Vita Store= Fuck everyone that still uses this consoles, fuck them for triying to access their legacy libraries.
70 USD= fuck people that prefer our console, you are dumbasses and are gonna pay whatever we ask for.

Why anyone owns any kind of "faith" to a company making this decisions? Are they about to go bankrupt thus need sympathy for this actions? i don't think so and they haven't said so either.
As a consumer you have every right to be unhappy with Sony. On the other hand, Sony has every right to do whatever they want with their business. Regarding your concerns, I think it is too early to be concerned about what will happen now Sony have closed down the Japanese studio - maybe they have other plans up their sleeves? Maybe they closed down the studio because it was losing money? I love lots of things that have been resigned to the past, however, sometimes that is where they belong and you just need to move with the times. Closing the PS3/Vita store? Not ideal for those few that may still use the service, however, shit happens, move on. 70 USD? You can pay or not, it’s your choice.

It's ironic how tech has been such a big part of our life and covid completely exposed how unprepared we were for an all online future.

I think one of the biggest issue I remember was hearing all the complaints about people not being able to connect to the org network

At our place if you forgot your password you could only change it on-site as they didn't have a remote password chance facility. Took like a month after lockdown to get it set up and of course staff need help changing their password on-site so you can imagine the shitshow of them having to do that outside of work
Wow that's crazy. Imagine having to drive into the office just to change your fucking password. We've luckily had that already setup before lockdown. We could even remotely rebuild Windows which could have potentially been another inconvenience for our users.

Sometimes my job is fun. Have users calling in for more toilet paper in the rest room. One called in to complain the toilet door handle being loose. None of this is IT related but they still call.

This following one Is an call I got just yesterday:

Me: Hi, how can I help you.

User: How are you? I'm fine thank you. Can you help me with xxxxxxx?

Me: Can I get your staff number please?

User: I don't know what is my staff number. My staff number is xxxx

Me: Thanks.

*Issue resolved*

User: Thanks for that. I really appreciate it. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: Um, no. That is all. Have a good day. Bye now.

tenor.gif

Sony is a business. Not your friend. They have solid reasons for making the decisions they make. There's nothing of this 'Fuck you PS gamers, we'll do what we want' shit.
Japan Studios hasn't been profitable for Sony for a while now. Would you let your business continue to sink money into projects that don't turn a profit? Again these businesses are not your friend.
Also Xbox will also be increasing prices of games to $70 as they have not confirmed anything when asked that question directly. This place is going to go nuclear the day Xbox brings out $70 games and everyone should know game development costs increases exponentially with each new generation.
Money for developing new games has to come from somewhere.
Anyone expecting games to be $60 every new generation is living in fantasy land and not reality.

You only need to look at Sony's track record the last few years. They are certainly delivering the games people want to play. +110 million user base agrees with that with the highest games attach rate of any platform so yeah PS fans certainly trust and have faith in the brand. I don't see someone sinking hundreds of dollars into the platform for shits and giggles.

Keihart

Sony is a business. Not your friend. They have solid reasons for making the decisions they make. There's nothing of this 'Fuck you PS gamers, we'll do what we want' shit.
Japan Studios hasn't been profitable for Sony for a while now. Would you let your business continue to sink money into projects that don't turn a profit? Again these businesses are not your friend.
Also Xbox will also be increasing prices of games to $70 as they have not confirmed anything when asked that question directly. This place is going to go nuclear the day Xbox brings out $70 games and everyone should know game development costs increases exponentially with each new generation.
Money for developing new games has to come from somewhere.
Anyone expecting games to be $60 every new generation is living in fantasy land and not reality.

You only need to look at Sony's track record the last few years. They are certainly delivering the games people want to play. +110 million user base agrees with that with the highest games attach rate of any platform so yeah PS fans certainly trust and have faith in the brand. I don't see someone sinking hundreds of dollars into the platform for shits and giggles.
But why should i have faith on them? those decisions might be good for the bottom line but are not in my interests.
I'm not a shareholder to worry about how much money they are making, i only care that they stay afloat and make the games i prefer.

Alright

Banned
Rumour hot off of the presses:

Sony counter punch to gamepass is a subscription model that allows you to play a library of BC games, starting with ps3 and vita.

All games will be rendered at a higher res and framerate.

Yeah, i don't think so. Maybe that's the only one thing that stood up for you, but it's been a pretty consistent stream of turds. I won't list them, there are a bunch of threads about them already.
Fair enough dude sincerely why don't you list your main grievances with Sony? You will likely do a much better job than colin did.

Honestly I can see why someone would be pissed off with sony at the moment. Colin's take was really bad though he can do better job than that

Top Bottom