• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa: Scarlet Grace is coming to Switch/PS4/PC/iOS/Android

Battlechili

Banned
Previously a Vita exclusive, SaGa: Scarlet Grace is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PC via Steam, and mobile later this year!
Whilst announced as a Switch title in the Nintendo Direct earlier today, it has now been found out to be coming to these other platforms. This version will have voice acting and more content than the original Vita version. Whilst no Western announcements has been made, the fact that there's an upcoming PC release suggests that a Western localization is imminent.

Trailer:

Source

Last edited:

staen

The true megaton of the Nintendo Direct!

This version will have voice acting and more content than the original Vita version.

Nice. Hopefully they fixed those load times too!

Whilst no Western announcements has been made, the fact that there's an upcoming PC release suggests that a Western localization is imminent.
Yes!!!

With all the recent SaGa ports, I'm wondering if Kawazu is working on a new SaGa game.

Boss Mog

Hopefully it won't be a total ripoff like Romancing SaGa 2 where the PS4 and Vita versions aren't even cross play and SE wants $24.99 for each version. Screw that.

Do you mean the Vita version? When they ported and localized Romancing SaGa 2, they finally localized the Vita version too so there is some hope?

Well I tend to forget that for some odd reasons, Square-Enix doesn't want to sell game and have people in it's ecosystem unlike the way they manage Eidos games (almost seems like they are two distinct companies still today), so I was hoping more for a complete collection rerelease (RSaGa I-III, SaGa Frontier 1&2, Unlimited, Emperors/Imperials) but yeah of course there are going to be fucked-up prices for 30 y.o games I can get cheaper as carts/cds and emulate.

staen

Well I tend to forget that for some odd reasons, Square-Enix doesn't want to sell game and have people in it's ecosystem unlike the way they manage Eidos games (almost seems like they are two distinct companies still today), so I was hoping more for a complete collection rerelease (RSaGa I-III, SaGa Frontier 1&2, Unlimited, Emperors/Imperials) but yeah of course there are going to be fucked-up prices for 30 y.o games I can get cheaper as carts/cds and emulate.

Well, keep in mind they redrew a lot of the graphics for RS2 so it isn't just a simple port. They're doing a RS3 remake too and I don't expect them to sell them in a cheap collection when they went through the trouble of remaking/localizing them. I feel they aren't going to bother with RS1 since there's the PS2 remake. $25 is still a bit higher than I would've wanted, but at least it doesn't look like whatever the hell they did with the mobile/PC version of FFVI.

Top Bottom