• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

MikeMyers

Ooh let me know how the transfer is. I wonder if they've gotten better since the Season 1 disc.

Recently noticed the first movie is on Bluray too. Might pick it up if the transfer is good.

Cheerilee

From the looks of it, the video quality on Viz's Sailor Moon R Movie Blu-ray is "very clean".

I can't compare well enough to tell if Viz gained any quality in their new transfer (I don't have the materials or the desire), but film grain obviously should have been there (probably visible on a DVD even), and Viz plainly whipped out their trusty computer filter programs and scrubbed and scrubbed until all of that pesky detail disappeared, and we're left with a clean, modern-looking Blu-ray.

It's not surprising at this point, and maybe the Blu-ray still has some value over other releases, but... ugh.

At least Viz is doing a good job of helping me save my money.

And Madman has a Sailor Moon R the Movie DVD coming out in June. No Blu-ray, just DVD. So I wouldn't be surprised if Viz's "new HD remaster" of the movie is SD-based upscaled fiction like the rest of their shitty HD remasters.

cj_iwakura

Okay, decided I'm gonna finish S1 so I can see how good 2 is.

It didn't take me long to remember why I gave up on Crystal season 1. The Death Phantom fight is so boring. There's no animation flair, the music is rehashed, Wiseman lost all his character. Demande's death was pretty badass, I guess. I hope this is worth it.

"I won't let anyone else die! Except Prince Demande! And maybe Pluto! "

MikeMyers

I think my main problem with Crystal is that it seems like Toei is trying to please fans of both the comic and the original cartoon and it just comes across as unbalanced to me.

Zoe

I don't normally pay attention to the musicals, but Sailor Cosmos is finally going to make an appearance outside of the manga. And she'll be played by the original Sailor Moon from this series of musicals.

Pluto

Lol it seems no one pays attention to the musicals.
I've watched one, the first one they did during the crystal revival ... it wasn't great. It wasn't bad either but kinda meh, the songs were okay but hardly memorable. I still think the original anime had an incredible soundtrack, there are so many pieces stuck in my head, I kinda expected that from the musical.

https://funko.com/blogs/news/nycc-2017-exclusives-80s-90s
20891_SailorMoon_SailorV_POP_GLAM_NYCC_HiRez_grande.jpg
https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-sailor-moon-pop-keychains-wave-2-pop-s

Top Bottom