• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV gets Steam Workshop Support

MUnited83

For you.
Announcement

The Saints Row series is all about the freedom to play how you want, and we're now taking that one step further with Steam Workshop support for Saints Row IV PC! It's never been easier to create and install mods that add new weapons and clothing, run custom scripts, and change gameplay values. Head over to the Saints Row IV community hub in your Steam client, click the Workshop tab, and start browsing. It's just that easy!

To celebrate, Saints Row IV PC is on sale for 75% off on Steam all this week and next!

There were many challenges in implementing Steam Workshop support since the game was not originally designed to support modding. A handful of dedicated Volition devs worked on this in their free time to update the engine and remove memory restrictions, as well as finding a way for individual mods to interact and work correctly with each other without the need for running special tools. It was all a labor of love for our fans, and we're incredibly excited to see the crazy content you come up with!

One last extra special thanks to the modding community at http://saintsrowmods.com who worked with us on creating and improving the tools, along with all the testing and feedback over the last few years. We couldn't have done it without you!

* Please note that only the Windows version of Saints Row IV PC is currently compatible with Workshop. We hope to announce Linux support soon.

Workshop page

Hasney

The original is already nuts. I can't imagine what else other people are going to add. Might be a fun ride.

This is incredible. I feel a bit obligated to pick this up as well

Especially since I beat it one sitting during a free weekend

Ploid 3.0

So is steam workshop support a higher level of mod support from game companies?

Volition already supported mods at Saintsrowmods.com, even hired a well known SR modder (IdolNinja). So is this even deeper support?

I currently have my SR2, 3, and 4 modded to the brim, though I suppose there could be a lot more done if it goes as deep as Skyrim with a type of creation kit.

I hope the new game is very mod friendly too. Mods make things more interesting in pretty much every game, yes even in SF5 (cosmetic and audio).

LordRaptor

Steam workshop tends to mean more for end user ease of use than for moddability in and of itself, although more end users usually means more mods attention, usually means more mods, usually means better quality mods

MUnited83

For you.

Volition already supported mods at Saintsrowmods.com, even hired a well known SR modder (IdolNinja). So is this even deeper support?

I currently have my SR2, 3, and 4 modded to the brim, though I suppose there could be a lot more done if it goes as deep as Skyrim with a type of creation kit.

I hope the new game is very mod friendly too. Mods make things more interesting in pretty much every game, yes even in SF5 (cosmetic and audio).

It's basically easier to the end user. You just subscribe to a mod and it will dowload and install itself.

It does come with a few improvements in regards to the mod support itself as well you can see in the OP. The engine was update, memory restrictions were patched out, as well as making sure there's as little conflict between mods as possible.

Top Bottom