• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakaguchi's new game at Japan Expo w/ SoftBank/GungHo's Korean f2p division

More than likely it's a mobile game but, considering the big push that all the console makers have made toward supporting indies, it would be cool if he was working on a smaller scale downloadable title.

I can't imagine he'll ever work on a big AAA project again unfortunately.

"He’s been awarded several times and in 2004 created his own development studio, Mistwalker"

Mistwalker isn't a development studio. They plan the game and work on story + music, and then outsource everything else to a development studio while they watch over it.

Jinko

I just hope its on Playstation this time.

Would rather see a new IP than LO2 although hope it's BD2 but yea that's not guna happen.

Asd202

He will be the producer of SCEJ new RPG. He will come out and apologies like Gaben did at E3.

Yosp and Sakaguchi will shake hands.

Exclusive for Vita.

Believe

It is going to be an IOS game isn't it?

Well you got it only half right. It's going to be that secret SCEJ JRPG and it will done by the duo Sakaguchi, Matsuno plus Uematsu doing the music. Aiming at older demographics. PS4 exclusive!

:(

kadotsu

Banned
I hope he ended up at Imageepoch so he can continue developing games on the quality level we got used to with Mistwalker.

L~A

If Sakaguchi wants to lauch a crowdfunding campaign a presence at a major convention only helps. IIRC Mghty No. 9 was launched during PAX or something.

I actually didn't think about that. That could be that, or a small-scale project. I don't think it's something with one of the big three, or it'd have been announced or even hinted at E3.

RPGamer92

Banned
On one hand the facebook pic he showed of the Titanfall XB1 bundle he got gives me hope. On the other... it's probably a mobile game.

Begaria

Clearly it means Mistwalker has purchased Square Enix and will be remaking Final Fantasy VII for consoles as their return to the glory days of the JRPG goodness.

"He’s been awarded several times and in 2004 created his own development studio, Mistwalker"

Mistwalker isn't a development studio. They plan the game and work on story + music, and then outsource everything else to a development studio while they watch over it.
Yeah, I'd call it a "concept" studio or agency.

Some Nobody

Maybe he'll go the indie route like Inafune.

I'd fund the shit out of a Gooch 16 bit JRPG.

Really? Because I'd more likely toss something out of a window in rage.

I'm going to go with it's his next mobile project as well.

Why would he "leave" his own company? It's an extremely small company he made to attach his name, nothing more.

It was in response to something else. Granted, I was unaware the company was small and was wondering why he would need to "go indie" when he's already made several AAA titles under Mistwalker.

Labadal

Mistwalker have been completely irrelevant for me after Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

I am not expecting anything that will get me excited.

DevilFox

Can't say I'm a big fan of his works in the last.. 10 years, more or less, but I'm still curious. I think he only need a good team to work with..

L~A

sörine;118343858 said:
Nintendo's there too this year. They're doing Mario Kart and Smash Bros tournaments and a MH4 presentation.

To be fair, they've always been there, so...

Thing is, Japan Expo really isn't a VG show, it's more about Japanese culture in general (so not just manga/anime or even music, but also travels and more). Which is why there's not that many publishers.

Not necessarily. Ton of titles were missing at E3. Plus a "big" J-RPG would still get buried underneath news of Halo/Battlefield/Uncharted/so many other big titles.

I don't know about that. We got games like Phantom dust , Scalebound, Bloodborne & Grim fandango announced at E3. I think any game has a place at the big conventions!

MCD

Spencer said on twitter once that Lost Odyssey IP is a bit complicated. I don't think MS owns the whole thing.

Jinko

The Last Story was awesome though.

But many people didn't play it because it was on Wii.

I guess seeing as Mistwalker is a consultant agency they don't make the choice on platform, but here's hoping their next console game is on PS4 or 3DS if its a handheld.

Hiss Boo if its a mobile game.

Spencer said on twitter once that Lost Odyssey IP is a bit complicated. I don't think MS owns the whole thing.

If MS don't, chances are Feelplus/AQ Interactive did instead.

Fbh

Please don't be an iOS game, Please don't be an iOS game, Please don't be an iOS game, Please don't be an iOS game, Please don't be an iOS game, Please don't be an iOS game

Anway. Hopefully they release a multiplatform title this time. It would be awesome to see a Mistwalker game on Ps4 and X1, mabye working with Namco Bandai or some other publisher.

Wouldn't mind a WiiU exclusive either. They got quite close with Nintendo last gen but from what I remember none of their games on Wii/DS sold that well

Maybe he's actually going to be smart this time and release a multi platform game.

That being said Lost Odyssey 2 would get me to buy an Xbone.

Some Nobody

I don't know about that. We got games like Phantom dust , Scalebound, Bloodborne & Grim fandango announced at E3. I think any game has a place at the big conventions!

You can think that, but it's really easy to get swallowed up in other people's hype cycles there.

At any rate, I'm thinking about it now and "will talk about" doesn't sound terribly concrete. Maybe we shouldn't be all that excited yet?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
But many people didn't play it because it was on Wii.

I guess seeing as Mistwalker is a consultant agency they don't make the choice on platform, but here's hoping their next console game is on PS4 or 3DS if its a handheld.

Hiss Boo if its a mobile game.

If MS don't, chances are Feelplus/AQ Interactive did instead.
I'd say TLS sold as much as it was going to do no matter the platform

Top Bottom