• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sales-Age Italy: Playstation family numbers (SOLD) and Forbes-like Power List 2007

Walshicus

Context is good, especially when it doesn't contradict my arguments. Everytime I hear "Europe is Sonyland" you'd think the bloody PS3 was outselling everything else by a rural kilometre. It's not. It's tracking far below the Wii and probably around the same mark as the 360, in France at least.

Can we not lay rest to the Sonyland horseshite in future? Fully accepting as I do in this edit that I brought it up in this thread myself... :s

avaya

beerbelly said:
???

Aka he's right. It's not Sony land. It's Nintendo land. It hurts, doesn't it?

???

Sir Fragula said:
Everytime I hear "Europe is Sonyland" you'd think the bloody PS3 was outselling everything else by a rural kilometre. It's not. It's tracking far below the Wii and probably around the same mark as the 360, in France at least.

Quite clearly it's not.

jarrod

Banned
avaya said:
Quite clearly it's not.
PS3 may have a marginal lead in the monthlies, but it's not exactly catching up in the totals. It's not like it's going to pass 360 in another year even actually, going at this rate.

Counting holidays is a bit unclear too, as both Wii and 360 launched during holidays and such wouldn't really be receiving much of an extra holiday push necessarily (and would be supply constrained regardless). If you're going to try and give context, might as well go all the way.

avaya

jarrod said:
PS3 may have a marginal lead in the monthlies, but it's not exactly catching up in the totals. It's not like it's going to pass 360 in another year even actually, going at this rate.

Counting holidays is a bit unclear too, as both Wii and 360 launched during holidays and such wouldn't really be receiving much of an extra holiday push necessarily (and would be supply constrained regardless). If you're going to try and give context, might as well go all the way.

OK.

Trends show PS3 will be past 360 by Christmas 2008 in continental Europe. I have no real will to continue this discussion.

jarrod said:
It's past 1m now I thought?
That number wasn't really confirmed I thought? That's what I gathered at least. Someone said Les Echos only had the 360 numbers and made no mention on either PS3 or Wii LTD numbers. Since I'm not from France I wouldn't know for sure.

The 700k figure wasn't disputed afair. Judging from that number Wii could be beyond 1 million now.

jarrod

Banned
avaya said:
OK.

Trends show PS3 will be past 360 by Christmas 2008 in continental Europe. I have no real will to continue this discussion.
Actually, trends don't show that clearly... it may be later, if at all really given 360's UK strength.

antiloop

jarrod said:

PS3 launched march 23rd in Europe.

It has not been out for a year

iidesuyo said:
Italy + Germany + France + Spain have probably bought more PS2 than Japan.

italy + germany + france + spain population = japan population x 2

so it's normal more PS2 were sold in those countries...

avaya

jarrod said:
Actually, trends don't show that clearly... it may be later, if at all really given 360's UK strength.

ummm

avaya said:

iidesuyo

Moor-Angol said:
italy + germany + france + spain population = japan population x 2

so it's normal more PS2 were sold in those countries...

Yeah so the market isn't insignificant, that's what I wanted to say. It's actually one of the largest in the world.

Natsume

iidesuyo said:
Yeah so the market isn't insignificant, that's what I wanted to say. It's actually one of the largest in the world.

Well considering the PS2 sold ~45m in NA and ~20m in JP that leaves a massive chuck that were sold in Europe out of the 120m total which probably makes it the biggest.

Jokeropia

JunoTaksumi said:
Well considering the PS2 sold ~45m in NA and ~20m in JP that leaves a massive chuck that were sold in Europe out of the 120m total which probably makes it the biggest.
They have "only" shipped* 44.79 million to Europe compared to 47.68 million to America, though.

(*Production shipments, aka manufactured.)

Top Bottom