• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 Rated In Australia

Well then, is this going to delay the West getting Samurai Warriors 4-2 I wonder.

Or are they going to skip the Vita version of 4-2 just so it won't cannibalize sales of this game.

L~A

Not coming to 3DS I'd say, they never released other Musou titles in west other than Samurai Warrior Chronicles.

Yup, looks like it (I doubt KT was dumb enough to have two different ratings for the same game). Still unusual because even exclusive that never get ported anywhere always get a multi-plat category.

Oh well. That's 40€ that'll go towards another game.

Probably releasing on Vita only and digital only, shame if they skip the 3DS version though, hopefully it's also coming for it digitally, in any case:
fry_drooling.gif

Yup, looks like it (I doubt KT was dumb enough to have two different ratings for the same game). Still unusual because even exclusive that never get ported anywhere always get a multi-plat category.

Oh well. That's 40€ that'll go towards another game.

I believe in the last 2 gens whenever a KT game has been localized for a Ninty device it's always published by Ninty, since a Vita game doesnt need Ninty to localize as its not on their system, thats the version being localized. I half expect a Vita version was made partly for localizing the game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It'd be way too strange for the game to not see a release on 3DS, alongside Vita. Do we have cases of games rated for a single console in Australia, which then resulted being multiplatform titles (I mean, the opposite of the usual multiplatform-->exclusive thing)?

Yeshua

I believe in the last 2 gens whenever a KT game has been localized for a Ninty device it's always published by Ninty, since a Vita game doesnt need Ninty to localize as its not on their system, thats the version being localized. I half expect a Vita version was made partly for localizing the game.

1st Chronicles was localized and published by KT in the west.

1st Chronicles was localized and published by KT in the west.

just had to google that, seems you are right, I mis-remembered that then, so used to Ninty taking up publishing of their titles in recent years that, that I must have just automatically latched that one to nintendo. I Still think Ninty have some say on what titles get localised though

just had to google that, seems you are right, I mis-remembered that then, so used to Ninty taking up publishing of their titles in recent years that, that I must have just automatically latched that one to nintendo. I Still think Ninty have some say on what titles get localised though

Eh, kinda doubtful on that.

Oregano

It totally makes sense that Nintendo would actively discourage third parties from localising their games. Totally.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

no and please stop saying "Ninty"

18-Volt

Hats off to Koei Tecmo for localizing literally everything. Namco and Sega seriously should take a hint.

That leaves Samurai Warriors 4-II, Atelier Rorona 3DS and Atelier Escha Logy Plus unlocalized. I expect all of them here by the end of the year.

Hats off to Koei Tecmo for localizing literally everything. Namco and Sega seriously should take a hint.

That leaves Samurai Warriors 4-II, Atelier Rorona 3DS and Atelier Escha Logy Plus unlocalized. I expect all of them here by the end of the year.

Samurai Warriors 4-II appearing on Steam database is a good step toward a confirmation :p

meppi

Haha with the Naked gun-gif xD

Well that scene specifically popped right into my mind when reading this news, so it certainly isn't some random reaction gif in this case. ;)
Knowing how I tick, I'll buy the localised version as well. I've become such a whore for Koei games. sigh....

Not coming to 3DS I'd say, they never released other Musou titles in west other than Samurai Warrior Chronicles.

I'd say it has more reason to be released on 3DS in the west since it wouldn't be competing with Samurai Warriors 4 and (probably) 4-2, but whatever.

I can't see this not releasing on 3DS in the west to be honest. It'd be completely bizarre if it didn't.

Man, we never got the sequel in NA and we probably won't get this one either. :c

I'll pick it on 3DS or Vita, either one if fine just give me a release so I can support ya!

With the recent trend, I wonder if it'll be DD-only or if it'll have a limited run.

Completely expect it to be DD-only.

I don't think musou buyers care enough for a LE and I don't think the SW4 anime pack did well enough for them to explore bringing any of the nice LEs for musou games.

Doubt they'll do a normal limited physical run either.

Completely expect it to be DD-only.

I don't think musou buyers care enough for a LE and I don't think the SW4 anime pack did well enough for them to explore bringing any of the nice LEs for musou games.

Doubt they'll do a normal limited physical run either.

That'd be unfortunate, I had the Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack pre-ordered for months :(

Truth be told, the treasure boxes are really pricey and not always come with the best loot, but I;d splurge for some of the nicer ones.

This rating kinda confirms a physical release. =')

The applicant is listed as 'MINDSCAPE ASIA PACIFIC PTY LTD', which is Koei Tecmo's Australian retail distributor.

KT's digital-only games (like Atelier Rorona Plus or Atelier Totori Plus) have 'TECMO KOEI EUROPE LIMITED' as the applicant instead.

Going to guess at least a physical release for the EU/AU and digital only in NA.

Unless AU gets the only physical release which will be weird. Weird enough for this game to get a physical release somewhere in the world while SW4 Vita didn't.

Top Bottom