• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Santa Clarita Diet- Netflix show w/ Drew Barrymore & Timothy Olyphant (new trailer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa Clarita Diet is an upcoming Netflix original comedy-horror series created by Victor Fresco, starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant. Fresco will serve as showrunner, and will be an executive producer alongside Barrymore, Olyphant, Aaron Kaplan, Tracy Katsky, Chris Miller and Ember Truesdell.

The single camera series will consist of 13 episodes that will premiere on February 3, 2017.

Married couple Sheila and Joel (Barrymore and Olyphant) are real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. The couple's lives take a dark turn after Sheila goes through a transformation; in a good way.[1]

I don't know about y'all, but I'll watch anything with Raylan Givens

by the way the trailers are fantastic and exactly what you'd expect given the title
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHqT88vu6Mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDR7lAamYmo

I genuinely thought they sold out lmao

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*sigh* In for Raylan. #TooMuchTV

Olyphant had hilarious one-off appearances on The League and The Mindy Project, as well as being the sole redeeming aspect of The Girl Next Door, so I look forward to a full season's worth of comedic chops from him and Barrymore.

GeeRad

Banned
Lmao I saw Drew doing an ad for the Santa Clarita Diet the other day and figured it was some cheesy new diet program...

Whoa, judging by the first trailer, I thought it was just going to be that Barrymore's just a
cannibal
, but now it seems like she
becomes a non-rotting, still intelligent zombie
. There's probably more rooms for laughs there, and the family angle lets us know that this isn't just a Drew Barrymore show.

maxcriden

Looks promising, potentially. It's going to be hard to compete with iZombie for me. I hope this feels enough like it's own thing. I also got a weird Showtime comedy vibe from it, a la Weeds, but I'm hoping that was my imagination.

Looks promising, potentially. It's going to be hard to compete with iZombie for me. I hope this feels enough like it's own thing. I also got a weird Showtime comedy vibe from it, a la Weeds, but I'm hoping that was my imagination.

I definitely got a Weeds vibe from the show. I guess it's due to the "wholesome-looking suburban family helps mom hide her crimes" dynamic. But this already seems way funnier than Weeds. The full trailer does a much better job of selling the wacky but also insanely gory and violent dark humor.

This looks like it could go either way. I remember thinking a similar thing about the first Stranger Things trailer (was intrigued but not entirely convinced) and that turned out to be amazing so I'll keep my fingers crossed for Santa Clarita Diet too.

Rafavert

Insider:
Seen it all. Loved it to bits. You're in for a ride!

Only seen 10 episodes and 10 feels quite a lot like a season end. Not sure where the other 3 came from and we never got word of it.

Oppo

i like that the OP specified a single camera series

because there are so many multi cam series these days ;)

looks fun, will check it out.

Rafavert

Small bit of fun!

Episodes 2 and 3 are called:
We can't kill people
We can kill people

All episode titles are lines said in that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom