• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satellite Reign (Kickstarter) - Spiritual sequel to Syndicate Wars by orig. creator

Midda

Neo Member
Hi everyone, Mitch here. I guess I should actually make a post, now that I've finally been allowed to create an account.

Thanks for your comments guys, I'm glad people seem to be enjoying the update. Hopefully we'll have some more cool stuff to show soon.

Sentenza

Yeah, it was a very interesting update, but... I was under the (false?) impression there were already several low cost motion capture technologies on the market today..?

Nikodemos

Yeah, it was a very interesting update, but... I was under the (false?) impression there were already several low cost motion capture technologies on the market today..?
"Low-cost" by itself is a meaningless term. Unless you attribute an upper value for comparison, it is just a random buzzword. The so-called "low-cost" semi-professional setups are in the tens of thousands of dollars price ranges. Compared to the million-dollar set-ups of fully professional studios, they are "low-cost". For a small studio with a total production budget of several hundred thousand dollars, however, they are unattainable.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
You can buy iPi soft on Steam now, it has progressed quite nicely over the years. One of the few successful russian technological startups.

Ogimachi

Wow the results are pretty impressive for their ghetto mocap rig. I love crazy innovations like that that come from a limited budget.
It's great indeed, and it seems to me the team as a whole is quite ingenious. I bet the game will surprise most people, including backers.

Ricky_R

You know what is missing? Gifs.

sr001r7cmj.gif

sr002gqfb3.gif

sr004amjiwd.gif

sr10a31doa.gif

sr007eocdu.gif

sr008fyfpl.gif

Wait a second... Is that actual gameplay?

Dire

Insert obligatory damn I love Kickstarter post!

Game looks incredible. I never got to play the original however one of my all time favorite games has been Shadowrun on the Genesis and this seems to give a sort of similar vibe. Would that be accurate? Are the console controls for the original on PSN/PS1 solid?

Ubersnug

Insert obligatory damn I love Kickstarter post!

Game looks incredible. I never got to play the original however one of my all time favorite games has been Shadowrun on the Genesis and this seems to give a sort of similar vibe. Would that be accurate? Are the console controls for the original on PSN/PS1 solid?

I would suggest you buy the previous 2 games from GoG.com if you want the definitive, classic syndicate experience. Especially to play the original syndicate and it's tough expansion.

Wiktor

I dont see why it wouldnt. Your head just is the camera.

Yeah, but that's might be a bit underwhelming. Not much different from other regular monitor. With FPP you've got the immersion factor, that just won't happen there. I'm just curious if the devs will be able to make it more than just "private monitor" in non FPP games.

Dire

Yeah, but that's might be a bit underwhelming. Not much different from other regular monitor. With FPP you've got the immersion factor, that just won't happen there. I'm just curious if the devs will be able to make it more than just "private monitor" in non FPP games.

There's a difference between immersion and presence - which is the current buzzword for VR stuff. Things literally feel different in VR. It's hard to explain until you've experienced it. I know in the occulus rift docs the reason it suggests standard FPP with a body is that looking down is not described as merely breaking immersion, but sincerely unsettling. That's the difference between immersion and presence. Can't say I've experienced a third person view in VR, but I wouldn't worry too much about it being anything as tepid as "private monitor."

Wiktor

Dev Update #6 is up!, pretty brief but with a some very early pre-alpha footage.

Could use a more agressive and colorful lighting, more akin to the footage they;ve shown on KS, but besides that I love how it looks. Most of all the city looks alive and dense. Plus it really feels like Syndicate. God, so many classics are coming back thanks to KS. Love it.

Looking good so far. I'm liking some of the architecture they've shown, but I'm hoping they will be able to avoid the city landscape being too repetitive.

Sendero

Not sure why this game fell out of my radar. Just added to Favorites on Greenlight.
Do they have plans for a GOG release or just Steam?

In any case, I'm in.

hemtae

Not sure why this game fell out of my radar. Just added to Favorites on Greenlight.
Do they have plans for a GOG release or just Steam?

In any case, I'm in.

What distribution platforms will Satellite Reign be released on?

We are targeting Steam and GOG primarily with the possibility of other services as well.

From the kickstarter page.

Top Bottom