• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even describe how I feel. To experience the great day that I had, and then to get home and see the news that a wonderful man lost his life too early is horrid.

Mr. Iwata has in my mind become synonymous with Nintendo, and it hurts that he'll never bring us a new Direct or show us new hardware.

jholmes

2015-07-1306_42_12-mib3sv6.png

Seriously Pachter just don't say anything. Nobody was wanting you to chime in the first place and this halfway climbdown doesn't make you suddenly seem like a class act.

ExVicis

Iwata was really a cool guy. He really wanted to do a great job with Nintendo. He had a lot of heart. If all CEOs could be half the person Iwata was maybe the world could be a better and greater place to be in.

Seriously Pachter just don't say anything. Nobody was wanting you to chime in the first place and this halfway climbdown doesn't make you suddenly seem like a class act.
Let's not ruin the thread but talking about and jumping on Pachter. This is a thread for honoring Iwata let's not sully it like this with a discussion about something else.

hazukash

I've been refreshing this thread for four hours now and I'm still crying. No matter how sad and cruel life is, I think Iwata would want us to just keep playing games for fun and pursue our dreams just like he did. I refuse to think Iwata Asks and his "directly to you" approach won't continue from now on. They are a part of his legacy. Someone will take over and follow in his footsteps to honour his memory and continue his work for the fans. This is what I want to believe.

Atlas157

I was on my way home when I read the news on my Twitter feed. I was speechless all the way home and I still am. RIP Iwata, my childhood was amazing because of you.

Can someone please put the ribbon on my avatar?

I wish his family and friends the best. Hopefully Nintendo will recover swiftly and I hope they continue to run the company with Mr. Iwata's trademark cheerful spirit.

Hugstable

Banned
Can anyone tell me what the best Virtual Console games are that were worked in by Iwata? I know Earthbound would be on there, but what else? Feel like I should play stuff in his memory.

Balloon Fight, I also believe he worked on Kirby Adventure on NES, it has a 3D classics version on 3DS, Wii U is regular NES, but has darkened colors issue

Kirbys Dreamland 3 is also amazing, as is Kirbys Dreamcourse for stuff on SNES

Felensis

Banned
Totally unexpected even though I knew he had health issues... man, this makes me really sad...
Despite the criticism I was always pro Iwata because he ever was this heart warming, charming and funny image of Nintendo in person. I already miss him now :(

R.I.P. Iwata.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

7threst

Worst news to wake up to. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel fucking horrible. I'll miss you Mr. Iwata, you are truly a legend :(

pariah164

Truly gutted. Just now found out, and I'm sitting here in tears. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. You've done more for gamers and gaming than you know. Thank you for everything.

Linkyn

This is probably the last thing I wanted to read this morning. Don't really know what to say. I thought he had gotten better after the surgery. What a terrible, terrible loss for us all. My deepest condolences to his loved ones and my utmost respect and gratitude for everything this man has done for the industry and everyone involved with it.

RIP Iwata, deeply saddened by this news. I am forever grateful for the joy you have helped bring into my life and for the impact you've had on the gaming industry. Its hard for me to even think about gaming at the moment, but when I am able, I will play Earthbound in your honor (never played it before, sucks that this is the thing that finally pushes me to play it :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom