• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

It's incredibly saddening because for many he wasn't just president, he was Nintendo's face. Even some people who don't want him as president still want to keep him around, doing Directs and Iwata asks.

Cade

This is devastating. My heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends. I owe many of my memories to this man.

He will be missed. He has left his mark on games for all time. He will never be forgotten by those who play games. Can't think of a greater honor for someone who loves games and making games.

disco

He was someone I thought was completely invincible. I am holding the tears back. Really very sad. He gave everything he could to that company and its fans.

Diablos54

Holy shit, I really hoped this was a troll thread... Everyone knew he had health problems but not this bad!
R.I.P Iwata, one of the greats!

wiibomb

I swear I thought this was one very bad taste troll thread...I had to read it several times and make me believe this was the same person I thought

tumblr_mq7qlkKshU1r3rjj9o1_1280.jpg

openrob

Does Miyamoto have to step up now?

Omg this came out of nowhere.

Yes, at least in the interim it seems

Nintendo said:
As a result, the following two Representative Directors remain at the company.
Genyo Takeda (Representative Director; Senior Managing Director)
Shigeru Miyamoto (Representative Director; Senior Managing Director)

Murugo

I am absolutely astonished. He was one of the great faces of Nintendo's history, and will be incredibly missed.

RK128

My god :'(.

He did a lot right by Nintendo and had contributed his work and passion on many, many games for the company. May he rest in peace and that his family is okay :'(.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I'm shocked. I had no idea he was sick. My condolences to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom