• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harts316

Did anyone in this thread have the opportunity to meet Iwata in person? I am devastated that my lifelong dream will remain unfulfilled.

Rest In Power Iwata-san

b9G6UoK.png

Will put this on my avatar asap.

NotLiquid

Iwata programmed Balloon Fight. Alongside Sakurai he also helped create Kirby.

Iwata saved Earthbound from cancellation due to his programming virtuosity.

Iwata managed to program the entire Kanto region into G/S/C on his insistence as well.

This was a man who has been there almost since the beginning. I can't respect him enough for how he helped forward games even back during their infancy. The passing of a legend like this has just completely floored me.

Even if there's been a lot of reservations in terms of his tenure as a full-blown company leader, he still never lost sight of his focus on games and experiences. The things he helped bring to the company such as Nintendo Direct, the Iwata Asks, the games he helped greenlight and more. He brought such an immeasurable amount of heart to the company.

And Nintendo is just... not going to be the same without him.

Thank you for the wonderful times.

kiguel182

I was not expecting this. Fuck.

Really sad news.

He was a genius programmer and he is responsible for a lot of great things in the games industry. He will truly be missed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was just reading the kotaku article and it said bile duct growth. Did he happen to have cancer?

This is pretty sad. He was only 55. So young.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Neither Ign, Gamespot, or Gametrailers seems to be reporting the passing of Iwata-san are we sure this isn't a hoax or a troll seeking attention. If not Sarabawa Satoru Iwata as hard as people have been on you it's the memories you gave us in your innovations that will live on

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/13/nintendo-ceo-satoru-iwata-has-passed-away

I am legit fucking destroyed. Goddamn what a legend. You don't know how much you care for these people you only see in those little fun videos you watch, until they pass away.

Sponge

Banned
Today has just been an awful today. First I get the news my grandfather has passed this morning, and now this.

Fuck cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom